flynnibus

Premium Member
People will start critiquing the Shaman and such and then they'll ride Small World again and be like 'oh wait'

Small world has character, incredible art direction, catchy music, and appeals to virtually ecery age and demographic. The looking into the details and cutness of the dolls vs the subject matter has made it a keep for decades.

Thabks for posting a great example of how its not detail or technology that makes an attraction resonate and great.

disney4life2008

Wow, the ad hominem of the haters is starting pretty early.

FYI, two of the bloggers are from The DIS who have no problem panning a bad ride, restaurant, or show. So, now, explain to me how their opinion is tainted.

Umm i encourage you to read my other comments. I have said it looks amazing. However, when it comes to critiques anyone who is closely related will always give positive. And while DIS is one, you need multiple evaluations to make a conclusion.

Daveeeeed

It's crazy when I ride Space Mountain that I don't need a helmet.
A cactus fixed it.

http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Baja_Tickler

Seriously, that's what they're going with.
Maybe i missed it but has there been any indication of how the story addresses the atmosphere?
It's been known for like 2 years, and like @Bolt said it doesn't really matter. But I appreciate the attention to details. Space Mountain actually has those... oxygen domes?:p

Bairstow

Me too... if it doesnt move towards the screen, then isnt it basically one of these with a screen 20 feet away from you?

Not if the entire loading platform moves.

... Not that I'm sure this is the hardware WDI went with. In fact, I think it was Vekoma.
Either way, I think the floor of the loading platform in flight of passage is integral to the motion base.

iride.jpg~original

Last edited:

clemmo

I'm surprised how much is being released. Is there already a full ride through of River Journey? I hope there are some surprises in the land that the public hasn't been shown yet. Overall though it finally feels like WDW has diagon alley level theming in a land and hopefully another coming in SWL. It's crazy how impressive this is in videos and photos because it's usually even better in person

doctornick

The FoP is over five minutes but doesn't feel short and has repeatability according to the Dis.

"Repeatability" as in different scenes with different rides (i.e. like Star Tours)? Or more like that there are so many details you have to ride multiple times to see them all?

rocketraccoon

I'm surprised how much is being released. Is there already a full ride through of River Journey? I hope there are some surprises in the land that the public hasn't been shown yet. Overall though it finally feels like WDW has diagon alley level theming in a land and hopefully another coming in SWL. It's crazy how impressive this is in videos and photos because it's usually even better in person
There was a ride-through on YouTube, but it got taken down. Here's a highlight video at any rate:

Haven't watched it yet, only looked at the Shaman animatronic video, but it should give you a good overview of the ride.

Bairstow

Full ride through videos of river journey went up today around noon but were taken down about an hour later. The "highlights" videos show you pretty much everything anyway. Recording is not being permitted on flight of passage.

And yes, it does look like WDI is doing Potter-caliber work here. I'll reserve judgement until I have a chance to see it myself, which will be next March? Maybe? Ugh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom