davis_unoxx

Original Poster
Has anybody heard when AVATAR Land is going to open? I personally think t could easily open by the end of the year! We can only hope!

twebber55

i know Volcano Bay is a different animal when compared to Pandora but i would be shocked if thats open before Pandora.

Universal does work faster though

cjkeating

I'd be really interested to find out one day what he caused any potential delays.

The simulator ride is based on a off the shelf ride system and any modifications such as the Banshees have had years to be designed and tested elsewhere.

The boat ride is (assumed) to use the Shanghai Pirates tech which works and was even open for previews so that should work.

I don't see how the exterior landscapes could not be finished by April. Anything they do with 'interactive' floors should have been worked out by WDI in CA and they haven't even started installing it to know that is going to cause delays.

All I can think is that cost overruns have slowed down progress if money was not forthcoming or people getting drafted to Shanghai to get it completed.

Princess Leia

I'm just hoping it's opening before fall 2017- but, I don't want a Frozen Ever After situation where it opens, but it's only working every other hour.

Liberty6

Sorta related but they are starting to recruit internally for the GSM positions that will oversee Avatar land. A couple GSM's have already started work in Pandora in week. So early R&D of the attraction may be able to start very soon.

rioriz

I'd be really interested to find out one day what he caused any potential delays.

The simulator ride is based on a off the shelf ride system and any modifications such as the Banshees have had years to be designed and tested elsewhere.

The boat ride is (assumed) to use the Shanghai Pirates tech which works and was even open for previews so that should work.

I don't see how the exterior landscapes could not be finished by April. Anything they do with 'interactive' floors should have been worked out by WDI in CA and they haven't even started installing it to know that is going to cause delays.

All I can think is that cost overruns have slowed down progress if money was not forthcoming or people getting drafted to Shanghai to get it completed.

Things can work much differently in vivo than they do in the warehouse. It is fairly common for complex systems to need tweaking after initial install. Also different eyes catch different problems. Then there is the human element of someone making a mistake or miscalculating.

There is a reason Universal and Disney rarely give specific opening dates for attractions more than weeks from opening. With RoL I believe Disney thought it would really be ready until things went wonky.

With increased complexity of ride systems I expect this will become common place...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom