msteel

There will be at least 100,000 people who have been to Pandora at AK and ridden the rides before Memorial Day, it'll just be so much more crowded for that "official" opening. All of this is contingent on them actually finishing everything on time though.

Assuming that 100,000 are normal day guests:
Using 2015 TEA numbers (quickest I could find) of 10,922,000 annual attendance for DAK, that is about 30,000 per average day. That means that to get 100,000 through Pandora requires at minimum 4 days if everyone in the park goes through.

Rteetz

Using 2015 TEA numbers (quickest I could find) of 10,922,000 annual attendance for DAK, that is about 30,000 per average day. That means that to get 100,000 through Pandora requires at minimum 4 days if everyone in the park goes through.
I'm guessing that's not just normal day guests. I'm assuming it's media, invited guests, AP/DVC previews, and then normal day guests.

JoeCamel

Any way you slice it there will be very long lines and crowds everywhere. Probably do a controlled entry and only let a certain amount in then admit more when those leave. Hours in line over Memorial day? Nope - been there done that and I won't be doing it again.

WildcatDen

Any way you slice it there will be very long lines and crowds everywhere. Probably do a controlled entry and only let a certain amount in then admit more when those leave. Hours in line over Memorial day? Nope - been there done that and I won't be doing it again.
We waited about 3.5 hours to ride Diamondback on opening day a few years ago. Worth it - Nope. Fun Experience - for the most part yes. Got a t-shirt to boot. Of course, back in the day, a 3 hour wait for the Beast was no uncommon. . .

We are looking forward to catching some Pandora Softs May 18 - 23

msteel

We waited about 3.5 hours to ride Diamondback on opening day a few years ago. Worth it - Nope. Fun Experience - for the most part yes. Got a t-shirt to boot. Of course, back in the day, a 3 hour wait for the Beast was no uncommon. . .

We are looking forward to catching some Pandora Softs May 18 - 23

Feel free to PM me if Serpico happens to tell you any good dates between the 15th and the 26th :)

WildcatDen

Feel free to PM me if Serpico happens to tell you any good dates between the 15th and the 26th :)
Will do, although I will say it has been quite lately. Funny how that corresponds to when I speculated that @Lee was maybe Serpico. Do I actually believe that to be the case. . . Absolutely Not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom