WildcatDen

I know that the expected opening date appears to be then summer of 2017. While it know cynically that could be late September, to those with inside information what is the odds this is open late July
This is not recent as I am led to believe I will be getting new information this month, but the last I had heard was that portions of Pandora may indeed open in late Spring with it being 100% by mid Summer. I recall @WDW1974 mentioned this slipping and tracking more to a late Summer early Fall open. Right now, I trust both sources so this one is a toss up?

RSoxNo1

As long as there is not ROL level problems with the rides.

read on OU that Boat ride is done and two theaters are done with the other two to soon be done only thing thats stopping this from opening sooner is the outdoor part

I suspect that the rides could theoretically be open in the next few months. The buildings have been enclosed for quite some time so they could have been cycling the rides for months already. The other visuals of this land could prove to be difficult however and I would expect a desire to open everything at once.

MagicHappens1971

Universal moves much quicker! I pass their construction each day on i4 and the progress is amazing to see.
I don't know how accurate this is, but from reading through the boards for a couple years and watching different construction threads, to my understanding, there are several reasons why Disney's construction is slower.
1) Uni doesn't use Union construction workers and Disney does
2) Disney intentionally slows down construction to spread the cost throughout multiple quarters

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't know how accurate this is, but from reading through the boards for a couple years and watching different construction threads, to my understanding, there are several reasons why Disney's construction is slower.
1) Uni doesn't use Union construction workers and Disney does
2) Disney intentionally slows down construction to spread the cost throughout multiple quarters

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe 1 is true. Universal uses a lot of the same contractors as Disney.

I did do a post about Disney vs Universal construction times but it's hard to draw conclusions from it since theme park projects are very unique so it's hard to compare one against the other.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/construction-times.875058/#post-5746037

MagicHappens1971

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe 1 is true. Universal uses a lot of the same contractors as Disney.

I did do a post about Disney vs Universal construction times but it's hard to draw conclusions from it since theme park projects are very unique so it's hard to compare one against the other.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/construction-times.875058/#post-5746037
Yeah I wasn't 100% sure on either of them that's why I prefaced it with that I wasn't sure how accurate it is

Todd H

My son wants to go back and I'm thinking of taking him the week of his birthday (July 25). What are the odds this is open that week?

doctornick

Well a media event was just scheduled for May 21-27. Everyone thinks it's for Pandora. So your odds are pretty good right now.

And... it's worth noting that the Florida resident tickets that had a DAK blackout were blacked out from Friday May 27th until June 9th -- so that would line up perfectly with a media event that week showing off the land and then a public grand opening on (say) May 27 or May 28.

Last edited:

dmatt87

Let's hope they do a soft opening in May - and it's not at all because I booked our trip from May 20 to May 26...

RSoxNo1

There's an outside shot I fly down in May, but I've already been informed that I'm unlikely to get press credentials. For a 7 day event it seems they only want positive reviews.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom