AVATAR land construction progress

Tom

Beta Return
I wonder if there are special rules for ferris wheels because they are unique in the fact that their highest point is movable.

They still have a circular outer frame that's the same elevation all the time. I doubt they would get any special treatment. If you conflict with air space or communications, you have to file with the FAA - whether temporary or permanent.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They still have a circular outer frame that's the same elevation all the time. I doubt they would get any special treatment. If you conflict with air space or communications, you have to file with the FAA - whether temporary or permanent.

But the point on the outer frame that is at the highest elevation is constantly changing, so how would they do this, put ref ligths every couple feel around the wheel? The only other option i see is a tower extending up from the hub above the level of the wheel with the light on it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I am waiting for NearMap.com to get updated soon. Their capture plan says they will have updated images of the Orlando area three times a year. Last update was in December so they are overdue for an update.

On another note, people seem to be referring to any irregular steel structure we see as the "floating mountains", but these easily could be for other thematic elements like Pandora trees for example.

flyerjab

I am waiting for NearMap.com to get updated soon. Their capture plan says they will have updated images of the Orlando area three times a year. Last update was in December so they are overdue for an update.

On another note, people seem to be referring to any irregular steel structure we see as the "floating mountains", but these easily could be for other thematic elements like Pandora trees for example.

Your last comment is very true. I am only following the current popular opinion that the large, bizarrely-shaped steel structure is the start of the infamous floating mountains. If Home Tree is added along with everything else, so much the better.

I still think it is the mountains though. I am thinking the incredibly large trees featured in the film will be a part of the simulator ride movie.

You really need to go to DAK to see it though. These small pictures don't do the size of this expansion any justice. It is massive, and they seem to keep adding to it.

Clamman73

Your last comment is very true. I am only following the current popular opinion that the large, bizarrely-shaped steel structure is the start of the infamous floating mountains. If Home Tree is added along with everything else, so much the better.

I still think it is the mountains though. I am thinking the incredibly large trees featured in the film will be a part of the simulator ride movie.

You really need to go to DAK to see it though. These small pictures don't do the size of this expansion any justice. It is massive, and they seem to keep adding to it.
You would think it's part of this...*shrugs*
Avatafloatingmountain.jpeg

floatingmountain structure.jpg

twebber55

will be there in 3 weeks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom