AVATAR land construction progress

danlb_2000

Premium Member
DSC09175.jpg

most important picture to me
platforms gone looks like they re done in this area
as always credit to Orlandoparksnews.com

That's strange since they don't normally remove the platforms until thy have removed the "toothpicks" that supported the platforms. They use each level of platforms to remove the one above.

djkidkaz

I've found this to be one of the least interesting projects to follow. I feel I've been looking at the same rock work view over the fence for 2 years. At least new fantasyland had a coaster going in with castles and such, plus the movement of Dumbo with new tents and train station. There was just a lot of varying elements to find interest in.

twebber55

I've found this to be one of the least interesting projects to follow. I feel I've been looking at the same rock work view over the fence for 2 years. At least new fantasyland had a coaster going in with castles and such, plus the movement of Dumbo with new tents and train station. There was just a lot of varying elements to find interest in.
yeah unless you get aerials its hard to see any type of progress
maybe in the long run thats a good thing

flyerjab

DSC09175.jpg

most important picture to me
platforms gone looks like they re done in this area
as always credit to Orlandoparksnews.com

Thanks for pointing that out. I had not noticed it before. I also find it odd that they have been removed and the steel beams are still protruding from the structure.

Also, thanks for posting about something that has nothing to do with the price increases.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Thanks for pointing that out. I had not noticed it before. I also find it odd that they have been removed and the steel beams are still protruding from the structure.

Also, thanks for posting about something that has nothing to do with the price increases.

Maybe they have temporarily removed them so they can get a clear look at what the mountain currently looks like.

BrianLo

NFL benefitted from having way better/more angles to get photos from. I found Diagon to be similar to Pandora, you couldn't ever see the majority of the construction so sometimes it felt like nothing was happening for months on end - when really, they were working somewhere else inside.

SDL has been the most painful, very few high def close-ups and half the time I swear people are recycling 2-6 month old pictures they have recently 'discovered' and think are new.

Disneyland projects are probably the best documented. A few really talented photographers visit the parks weekly and their recent projects always have amazing semi-aerial viewpoints for them to capture from. Mickey's Fun Wheel for DCA and now Mickey and Friends Garage for Star Wars. If Marvel ever happens at DCA the Sheraton will have amazing 'aerial' views of that too.

But like Diagon, hopefully keeping some of it a surprise pays off.

Monoblanco13

The only problem I see with them taking Everest down once Avatar opens is that you are going to see a HUGE increase in Guests and they will need something to do. Animal Kingdom is generally the park Guests will give up a day of their vaca at to go somewhere else. With all of these Guests now returning for Avatar you want them to truly see that the park is a full day park now and that it has a nice selection of rides. In my opinion, Everest should go down before Avatar opens. Fix the yeti and any other effects that needs fixin', give it a nice sprucing up wherever it needs it and then open it up just before Avatar is open to the public. With the addition of ROL, the nighttime entertainment as well as the night safaris, the park should be able to lose Everest for a few months and still be ok.

If it's true that Everest does not need to go down to remove the Yeti, why doesn't Disney remove the AA after hours and let the ride run without him till Everything is fixed? I could be wrong but could have sworn insiders have mentioned this as a possibility.

msteel

If it's true that Everest does not need to go down to remove the Yeti, why doesn't Disney remove the AA after hours and let the ride run without him till Everything is fixed? I could be wrong but could have sworn insiders have mentioned this as a possibility.

I think those same insiders that said they can fix it without taking the ride down also said management just doesn't want to spend the money it would take to fix.

msteel

Correct. A good deal of the problem was who gets the bill, WDI or park operations. The other harsh reality is a static yeti has not reduced the attraction's popularity.

I enjoy the ride, although I have no point of reference since I never got to ride with a dynamic yeti. I will say I have to pay attention and look for the yeti to notice her.

Wait, what thread is this? Oops off topic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom