Autopia apparently receiving slight changes

Curious Constance

Here's my off-topic and unsolicited advice. Bear in mind that I haven't been to Legoland for many years. (The Sea Life aquarium was there, but not the water park nor the hotel.) Even then, as mentioned, several attractions were in need of refurbishment. Also note that I've never paid full admission - I've always used a coupon or special offer. That said, if your child loves Legos, and you can work it into a SoCal trip, I'd take him. I'll throw in a few random thoughts that you can take or leave.

• Themes tend to be divided primarily between two concepts. There are figures, props, etc created out of actual legos. There are other things like ride vehicles themed to look like giant legos (sort of making you the mini-figure).
  • They certainly have light-weight cycle rides with operation and theming similar to Dumbo or the Teacups.
  • They also have many rides that I haven't seen in other parks. (The already-mentioned cars and boats, an elevated ride where you pedal to trigger the motion, a little tower ride where you pull on a rope to raise yourself up, a spinner/water ride, etc.) Also a weird KUKA arm ride where you can select the intensity with which you are thrown around.
  • There are plenty of places where your kid can take a break and build things, including their little robotic things.
  • If he's missing any pieces, there's a shop where you can select individual parts, and pay by weight like at a salad bar.
  • Assuming you use discounted admission, "Mini Land" is almost worth the price alone. There are some really impressive displays. A few sections rotate new projects occasionally. There's also a master builders model shop, with a window on one wall for viewing. I think your son would be impressed.
  • It's clearly not a place intended for teen-agers, but younger and older can appreciate its charm.
  • If you'll have a car, there are plenty of more reasonably priced hotels not far away.
I hope some of this helps.
Thank you for this! We are definitely a family who can appreciate charm. So I think a trip here will be necessary! Thanks again!

Curious Constance

Any idea how far LEGOLAND is from the nearest beaches with hotels along the beach?

And also, how far it is from the San Diego Zoo? My daughter is panda obsessed and needs to see the pandas :)

NobodyElse

Any idea how far LEGOLAND is from the nearest beaches with hotels along the beach?

And also, how far it is from the San Diego Zoo? My daughter is panda obsessed and needs to see the pandas :)

Legoland is about 35 miles from the zoo. 22 - 30 miles to the SafariPark (formerly Wild Animal Park), depending on how you go, but no pandas there.

I may have to defer to others about the hotels. Legoland is probably under a mile from the ocean, as the crow flies. It's less than 4 driving miles from places like Holiday Inn Express & Suites (which in turn is 1/2 a mile to the State Beach).

There aren't a ton of hotels along the beach around there. There are a few around this place: http://beachterraceinn.com/ (less than 5 miles up the coast), but I've not been to any of them.

Curious Constance

Legoland is about 35 miles from the zoo. 22 - 30 miles to the SafariPark (formerly Wild Animal Park), depending on how you go, but no pandas there.

I may have to defer to others about the hotels. Legoland is probably under a mile from the ocean, as the crow flies. It's less than 4 driving miles from places like Holiday Inn Express & Suites (which in turn is 1/2 a mile to the State Beach).

There aren't a ton of hotels along the beach around there. There are a few around this place: http://beachterraceinn.com/ (less than 5 miles up the coast), but I've not been to any of them.
Thank you!

D

Deleted member 107043

@Endor Sightseer I've been thinking the same thing, but it's hard to tell from pictures and I'm assuming the new look goes better with the rest of TL. Have you seen it in person?

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom