Autopia apparently receiving slight changes

D

Deleted member 107043

If this attraction has to stay they should at the very least make cars hybrids ASAP. If and when Disney finally drags Autopia into the 21st century a good portion of the people reading this will probably own self-driving cars.

D

Deleted member 107043

I know, with far too little in return. I guess the scenery is nice, but by Disney standards it's nothing special, and the Car Park section makes no sense to me.

D

Deleted member 107043

Sure I guess I can, but I also think it speaks volumes about how stale some aspects of DL are. You can't take Disney to task for following the trend of building massive IP based E ticket rides and the "lack of creativity", and then praise the park for continuing to operate an attraction as basic as The Autopia in a corner of the park dedicated to "the future".

Can you respect a ride and wish it would go away at the same time?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Autopia is the best attraction in Tomorrowland. I hope they never get rid of it.

xycfj.png

I had to quote the picture it was so big.

George Lucas on a Bench

Yes, Autopia is better at the moment. Here's the thing about it that the rest of Tomorrowland completely lacks. It's relaxing, with pleasant soothing ambience. It's a super charming 1950s Walt Disney ride through a lovely forest. It's somehow the very essence of Disneyland and the only area of Tomorrowland that isn't fugly and hectic.

I'd agree that Space Mountain 2005 is perhaps on its level, but not the current Star Wars version. I know you guys are all gushing about the overlay, the line is consistently 3,720 minutes long and basically everyone thinks it's the greatest thing ever. So, I look like an idiot, but it really is terrible. It's yet another shoehorning of an unrelated IP to a classic Disney attraction that was previously its own unique thing. It's such a stupid overlay. Are you supposed to be in an X-Wing or, like, some kind of Rebel fighter? Because, yeah. That's a rocket that seats 12 people and isn't remotely similar to anything ever seen in Star Wars? Why does the hyperspace tunnel have like panels between the screens? The projections look like crap. Eh, whatever. The 2005 redo was classy. The Star Wars overlay is kinda trashy.

Star Tours has a good queue, but the ride itself is just a screen with moving chairs. In its own way, it's badly dated, even though they've tried to keep it relevant by adding 3D. I've never considered it one of the classic Disneyland attractions and I don't think I ever will.

But that's just like my opinion, man.

Mike S

Yes, Autopia is better at the moment. Here's the thing about it that the rest of Tomorrowland completely lacks. It's relaxing, with pleasant soothing ambience. It's a super charming 1950s Walt Disney ride through a lovely forest. It's somehow the very essence of Disneyland and the only area of Tomorrowland that isn't fugly and hectic.

I'd agree that Space Mountain 2005 is perhaps on its level, but not the current Star Wars version. I know you guys are all gushing about the overlay, the line is consistently 3,720 minutes long and basically everyone thinks it's the greatest thing ever. So, I look like an idiot, but it really is terrible. It's yet another shoehorning of an unrelated IP to a classic Disney attraction that was previously its own unique thing. It's such a stupid overlay. Are you supposed to be in an X-Wing or, like, some kind of Rebel fighter? Because, yeah. That's a rocket that seats 12 people and isn't remotely similar to anything ever seen in Star Wars? Why does the hyperspace tunnel have like panels between the screens? The projections look like crap. Eh, whatever. The 2005 redo was classy. The Star Wars overlay is kinda trashy.

Star Tours has a good queue, but the ride itself is just a screen with moving chairs. In its own way, it's badly dated, even though they've tried to keep it relevant by adding 3D. I've never considered it one of the classic Disneyland attractions and I don't think I ever will.

But that's just like my opinion, man.
You're also the guy that prefers Dinosaur over Indy. All of your opinions are invalid to me ;)

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

Not to mention it doesn't have to rely on high tech screens, or technology in general to be fun.

Space Mountain comes in at a close second for me. Star Tours, a distant third.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom