Astro Orbiter refurbishment dates set for summer 2014

Scuttle

Awesome news. What's the word on FP+ for AO? I don't think it'd work for this attraction,but that hasn't stopped TDO before.

jayhawkmickey

So sad, that's when my family is going, but if they put bigger rockets on it will be worth it. We're only slightly above average sized people, but it was a little tight last time my wife and I rode together. Guess I could lay off the Dole whips too, but that might be going a bit far.

ToTBellHop

So sad, that's when my family is going, but if they put bigger rockets on it will be worth it. We're only slightly above average sized people, but it was a little tight last time my wife and I rode together. Guess I could lay off the Dole whips too, but that might be going a bit far.
Is there a plan to change the rocket sizes? I had not heard that. I do know much of the ride system is going to be repaired along with the spinning planets (yay!). Should add some real energy back to Rocket Tower Plaza, especially at night.

Given the length of the refurb, this is a smart time for the closure. It frequently closes due to t-storms in the summer anyway.

Weather_Lady

I know my children will be disappointed (we love the PeopleMover and had all decided to go on AstroOrbiter for the first time on our upcoming trip), but on the other hand, something is always being refurbed, so the fact that these attractions will be shut down during our visit means we're less likely to have any of our other favorite attractions shut down for refurbishment during that time...

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

The Astro Orbiter is like a carny ride - it's just a spinner. And OLD. And charming, but yeah it's a tight squeeze in those rockets, even for skinny ol' me. Wonder how you refurb something like that?

ratherbeinwdw

I know my children will be disappointed (we love the PeopleMover and had all decided to go on AstroOrbiter for the first time on our upcoming trip), but on the other hand, the fact that these attractions getting refurbed during our visit means we're less like to have any of our other favorite attractions shut down for refurbishment during that time...
I'm the one in my family who loves TTA. I ride it when it rains, when my back and/or feet are hurting, or while the others are on Space and Speedway.
I'm really sad about this. Also sad that FOtLK will be down also during our trip.
However, I'm glad the mine train will be open. I wonder when they'll add it to the fastpass page.

bethymouse

Seems to me that there is no "official" opening for the mine train announced just yet.
I am just surprised that it will be closed during the entire "busy" season!:arghh:

Dwarful

glad its getting work...sad it is happening during our trip. That is one of my favorites to hit early in the morning and late at night. I just love the view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom