Astro Orbiter refurbishment dates set for summer 2014

ZodIsGr8

This is the only ride in all of WDW that gets me sick. Don't know why as I have no issues with Dumbo, Aladdin, or any other spinners, but this one gets me every time. I still love the ride and am happy it is getting the attention it needs.

matt9112

This is the only ride in all of WDW that gets me sick. Don't know why as I have no issues with Dumbo, Aladdin, or any other spinners, but this one gets me every time. I still love the ride and am happy it is getting the attention it needs.

height issue?...sadly i missed this last trip but it will be a stop on the next trip

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Astro is down from June 2 to Sept 19. TTA is down June 2 to Aug 4. Carousel of Progress is down Aug 25 to Sept 4.
Man, none of those are long enough for what's needed. Still, SOME good should come from them. Any idea if they'll be doing anything to combat the collisions at TTA Load?

sporadic

Hopefully TTA will get some TLC. I'm afraid its closure may just be in support of the Astro work. Where's the confirmation on the new dates?

gmajew

Premium Member
The ride needs a good cleaning and the cars need some paint. I hope they invest some money in making this an enjoyable experience again. As my family and I love being able to ride this as it allows us time to relax but also is a good time killer.

ToTBellHop

Ah, guess there's no way for us normal folk to get it straight from Disney anymore. Thanks!

That still references the original dates and isn't authoritative.
There is not. But if you whine at Guest Services that Splash Mountain is closed when you get there, the rude CM (have not been pleased with guest services CMs at the Magic Kingdom on ANY of my visits the last few years) will point out that it was announced. To travel agents. Which unofficial websites pick up on.

It's absurd that they have done away with the "Operational Update Calendar."

note2001

I'd like to see TTA have lighting effects and new displays added to the tunnels. Tired of looking at drab grey interiors and boxed up dioramas. I doubt this will happen though. Probably doing a track check & reset where needed, some fresh paint and possibly a new sound track.

Kman101

Isn't Astro supposed to get a pretty extensive refurb? I'd say three months is pretty good for that. I agree about TTA and Carousel though. Carousel especially needs more than like a week or two of work. I figure aside from some cleaning at TTA it's probably closed mostly for the Astro work, but that's just my guessing. I don't know.

lnsemsf

Disney doesn't seem to post refurbs at disneyworld.com any more, so I don't know where people are supposed to find this info.

You can still find the info, it's so simple. First go to the park you are going to want to visit, then go to attractions, then choose the attraction you want to ride, now change the date to the day you want to ride it and if it says "no times available" then it's closed that day. Repeat it for every ride in the park and then you'll know what will be closed. I don't see how people don't find out about the ride closures when Disney created such a simplistic way of finding the information.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom