Anyone stay at Cabana Bay yet?

maxairmike

... or $0 at WDW :rolleyes:

I've said it before; people would not be happy at seeing what all the fees at Disney would break out to if they were to do so. Be assured, you're paying to park at Disney, you're just not being told how much it costs up front and asked to pay it later. I personally prefer an all-inclusive price with everything wrapped up into it like Disney does over seeing several extra resort fees, but when they break it out, you also have a chance of not paying for it if you don't use it, so there's also that. Staying at Disney, I always pay for the Magical Express even if I don't use it (I don't fly in, so no point to it); if I flew in and used the Magical Express and resort transportation, I'm paying for parking in my room rate, but I don't use the parking lots. If I rent a car and don't use the bus/boat system, I'm still paying for the resort transportation. Disney ultimately gets more money out of people for services not used (or that they flat out can't use, like Magical Express), which allows them to get away with charging a little less for that service than if they actually billed on consumption/use in the larger scheme, but you are still paying for it no matter what.

Two sides of the same coin, really.

HLauburn

Yes standard pool view tower room, we prefer the doors being inside with a hall rather than opening to the outdoors. Don't really see any big difference otherwise. If the kids activities like ping pong and bag toss etc are important to you you'll need to walk to the other pool which require a trip through lobby Orr upstairs area. We like both pools and both bars.

Thank you! So if you stay in a room by the main pool and you wanted to go to the lazy river, I guess you have to walk through the lobby in your bathing suit carrying your tube?! :joyfull: That's the only way to get from pool to pool? Is the tower pool pretty nice - is there a bar/food over there or just at the main pool? I know it doesn't have the slide and all, but it does put you closer to the lazy river. Oh decisions, decisions...!

Thanks again for the help!

IlikeDW

How is it halfway through your stay? Seen Fallon in the parks?
Caught glimpse today by the Simpsons but the family was ready to move on so we did. Still enjoying cabana bay, siting in room watching the beach boys perform for the VIP party tonight(this includes many if the contest winners for diagon alley, free stay here was included as week as invitation to the official grand opening party. The music is pretty loud, I could see some guests bing upset but not an issue for me if they wrap it it up by 10:30-11:00 pm.

Food is decent, we've tried the pizza, a burger and a turkey sandwich. We all agreed that they were not the best or worst we ever had, easily on par with what is served at pop century or all stars pricing is as expected.

Staff still curteous and friendly no issues with housekeeping.

Bus service to universal is awesome, we have yet to wait on a bus in either direction, I have has to stand twice but that less than when I'm at Disney.

Have so mentioned the bars make some pretty good drinks.

IlikeDW

Thank you! So if you stay in a room by the main pool and you wanted to go to the lazy river, I guess you have to walk through the lobby in your bathing suit carrying your tube?! :joyfull: That's the only way to get from pool to pool? Is the tower pool pretty nice - is there a bar/food over there or just at the main pool? I know it doesn't have the slide and all, but it does put you closer to the lazy river. Oh decisions, decisions...!

I have not found a way without going thru lobby or up the ramp and around the arcade/bowling alley/fitness center. I shrink there may be away around outside thru parking lot. I have not asked anyone, I have only done it once to actually use the other pool and several times just to explore or go playa ping pong and let my daughter use the slide.

Tower pool has a nice bar and three separate fire pits, one on the roof of the bar. There is a snack bar as well (hideaway bar and grill) I can only vouch for the fries and nachos as that's all I have tried. The nachos wee a bit pricey but I think I paid the same for only cheese as it would have cost with chicken or beef..,

I think you would be happy with either pool.

IlikeDW

Just a final note on Cabana bay, overall great experience. Though I did notice a difference the last two day as the hotel reached high capacity levels they seemed to struggle with keeping the dining room clean during and after breakfast time which was not an issue during most of our stay so at higher capacity now that full resort is occupied they probably will need to make adjustments. The last night we walked to the bayliner diner to get one of the really good frozen yogurts with topping bar at 10:45PM and the manager and staff were trying(because some just pushed past them) to stop people from entering, I thought maybe he was trying to close early so I asked him what time they close and he said 10PM. They easily turned 30+ people away, I think that they will need to adjust closing time at least during busy season. Another minor issue was checkout, I did not get a bill summary via email or under/on door so I had to go to lobby to check out to get a list of my room charges, I tried using the interactive TV menu but it listed my portfolio as empty. with all that said I would stay again, i assume some of the problems the last two days are related to making adjustments to the full capacity level.

danpam1024

Original Poster
Stayed one night this past trip to try it out- very nice but we'll stick to HRH- trip report hopefully with pics (my phone decided to die before I uploaded my pics- hopefully i was smart enough to switch my settings to save to the sd card- but history has proven that untrue :p ) to follow soon- I am SO TIRED!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom