Anyone stay at Cabana Bay yet?

danpam1024

Original Poster
well they sell tubes there to use? hmm gonna see about bringing my own then. nice room and view though. 10 weeks till i'm there
tubes are about $5 at Target.

DH tried to "surprise" me with an added night to our trip- one night at CBBR- when I was reconciling my checking account I freaked out that I was short $200-he accidentally used his debit card for MY account so he had to spill the beans :) So I will post my personal review and pics around July 1! These next 4 days are going to KILL me!!!!! I am so excited I CANNOT WAIT!

StageFrenzy

Checked in around noon today after checking our of AKL. First impressions are very positive, staff friendly. Was greeted at my vehicle and in the lobby. Check in was smooth. Tried a few drinks from atomic tonic and they are great. Room is clean(no construction dust or reminants.) Was worried there might be a smell of fresh paint or new carpet but there is not. Spent some time at the new pool and lazy river. Poll has underwater music which my daughter loved. Lazy river is not huge but is fun. Downside is there are no free or rental inner tubes but they are for sale from 5-12 dollars each depending on size. So after a half day our family consensus is we like the resort and would likely return. Let's see how we feel after a 6 nights.
View attachment 56546 View attachment 56547 View attachment 56548

How is it halfway through your stay? Seen Fallon in the parks?

HLauburn

Checked in around noon today after checking our of AKL. First impressions are very positive, staff friendly. Was greeted at my vehicle and in the lobby. Check in was smooth. Tried a few drinks from atomic tonic and they are great. Room is clean(no construction dust or reminants.) Was worried there might be a smell of fresh paint or new carpet but there is not. Spent some time at the new pool and lazy river. Poll has underwater music which my daughter loved. Lazy river is not huge but is fun. Downside is there are no free or rental inner tubes but they are for sale from 5-12 dollars each depending on size. So after a half day our family consensus is we like the resort and would likely return. Let's see how we feel after a 6 nights.
View attachment 56546 View attachment 56547 View attachment 56548

Thanks for the review!
A few quick questions...
Are you in a standard/poolview? Trying to figure out all the room types, but I'm pretty sure we have narrowed it down to a tower room. Or are there advantages to being closer to the "big" pool?
Thanks again...hope your trip is going well :)

AndyS2992

Just skimmed through this however no one seems to have mentioned the fact you HAVE TO PAY $10 A DAY TO PARK YOUR CAR AT THE RESORT. Disgraceful.We were about to book this hotel instead of our usual Pop Century however due to this charge we changed our mind.

http://www.loewshotels.com/Cabana-Bay/index/faqs
'What are your fees for parking?
Self-parking fees are $10 plus tax per night, per vehicle.'

IAmFloridaBorn

Just skimmed through this however no one seems to have mentioned the fact you HAVE TO PAY $10 A DAY TO PARK YOUR CAR AT THE RESORT. Disgraceful.We were about to book this hotel instead of our usual Pop Century however due to this charge we changed our mind.

Cabana Bay - Pop Century .Hmmmmm Such a hard choice. Maybe I'll look at the parking fees: Oh Wait Pop Century is Complemtary https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/pop-century-resort/services-amenities/

Wile Cabana Bay's is $10 a day (Pretty Cheap Around Orlando)... Oh Noooooooo tough decision. -___-

AndyS2992

Cabana Bay - Pop Century .Hmmmmm Such a hard choice. Maybe I'll look at the parking fees: Oh Wait Pop Century is Complemtary https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/pop-century-resort/services-amenities/

Wile Cabana Bay's is $10 a day (Pretty Cheap Around Orlando)... Oh Noooooooo tough decision. -___-
When you stay for 21 days that is an extra $210 and then on top of that have to pay $17 a day to park at WDW which adds another $357 meaning an extra $567 on top of the nightly room charge is not worth it.

Yes and you can cut the childish attitude and all :rolleyes:

IAmFloridaBorn

When you stay for 21 days that is an extra $210 and then on top of that have to pay $17 a day to park at WDW which adds another $357 meaning an extra $567 on top of the nightly room charge is not worth it.

Yes and you can cut the childish attitude and all :rolleyes:
Good for you.:cool:

IAmFloridaBorn

manageable ,i know ill be on my feet all day and dont mind the walk
especially early in the morning
Same thing I Said. It beats catching a bus with several stops 30 minutes-40 minutes to get to the transportation center to get on a monorail, ferry, or another bus for another 20-25 minutes. My goodness. The concept of them having Cabana Bay right there makes it easily accessible for the parks and city walk. Guest won't be as tired and wore out before the day starts.

AndyS2992

Same thing I Said. It beats catching a bus with several stops 30 minutes-40 minutes to get to the transportation center to get on a monorail, ferry, or another bus for another 20-25 minutes. My goodness. The concept of them having Cabana Bay right there makes it easily accessible for the parks and city walk. Guest won't be as tired and wore out before the day starts.
Pop Century transportation is a direct route to the parks themself taking around 10 minutes, MK a little longer. The whole catch bus, then have to get on monorail argument only works for MK and not the rest of Disney World.

IAmFloridaBorn

Ha right?..the only ride i took was the boat back to the RP after the weezer show. pre gamed that fun time at pat o briens, magarita ville and finnegans

and omgosh finnigans ,, thats my ragland road of UNI
You'll miss the water Taxi for sure especially since it's almost summer but the amenities and atmosphere should benefit you. You have a game plan so that works.! Hope you enjoy the new eateries at CW

IlikeDW

Thanks for the review!
A few quick questions...
Are you in a standard/poolview? Trying to figure out all the room types, but I'm pretty sure we have narrowed it down to a tower room. Or are there advantages to being closer to the "big" pool?
Thanks again...hope your trip is going well :)
Yes standard pool view tower room, we prefer the doors being inside with a hall rather than opening to the outdoors. Don't really see any big difference otherwise. If the kids activities like ping pong and bag toss etc are important to you you'll need to walk to the other pool which require a trip through lobby Orr upstairs area. We like both pools and both bars.

RTeker

see I don't have to worry about that because when I fly in I'm taking a shuttle bus/taxi service for a total of $32 round trip so instead of renting a car for who knows how much plus that $10 a day I don't have to worry about that :cool:

as for that parking fee at Disney, two words; Magical Transportation :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom