Anyone stay at Cabana Bay yet?

BaconPancakes

Josh from the blog that must not be named has a good review up. Apparently it isn't all it was cracked up to be. The fact that you don't get Express Pass would make me want to never stay there.

KingdomofDreams

I think Cabana Bay looks really cute and fun! Much more interesting and well done than any of the Disney values imo. No Express Pass and no discount on purchasing them is a definite deal breaker though. I ran the numbers and for 3 of us at the time we're going, we could stay at RPR cheaper than the cheapest room at Cabana Bay and purchasing the unlimited EP's.

GLaDOS

No Express Pass? Yikes that is a deal killer for sure. Strange call on Universals part.

It's not strange at all. The hotel is 1/2 the price of the cheapest other option on site (Royal Pacific) and you have to save some perk for that, or there's no reason to stay there. On top of that the hotel, if given Express, would have added up to 9,000 people per day to the unlimited express option for next to nothing, hurting the system's benefit.

Figmentation

Josh from the blog that must not be named has a good review up. Apparently it isn't all it was cracked up to be. The fact that you don't get Express Pass would make me want to never stay there.

Why do people hate him so much, I love the site that must not be named.
His reviews are truthful and straightforward.

But yeah, from what I'm looking into it.. it's like they have not even finished fixing or building stuff yet though it is open

BigTxEars

It's not strange at all. The hotel is 1/2 the
price of the cheapest other option on site (Royal Pacific) and you have to save some perk for that, or there's no reason to stay there. On top of that the hotel, if given Express, would have added up to 9,000 people per day to the unlimited express option for next to nothing, hurting the system's benefit.

It's strange to me, why would I stay there without the express pass? Seems I am not alone in this. As posted its cheaper to stay elsewhere on property with the free express pass than staying here and buying the express pass. If Uni is aiming for more family business then I think this really is an odd call by them.

GLaDOS

It's strange to me, why would I stay there without the express pass? Seems I am not alone in this. As posted its cheaper to stay elsewhere on property with the free express pass than staying here and buying the express pass. If Uni is aiming for more family business then I think this really is an odd call by them.

Most guests going to Universal don't buy express. It's far from a necessary purchase. If you're going to buy express, then yes, it doesn't make sense to stay at CBBR. If you're not, it does.

The hotel isn't hurting for reservations. It'll be fine.

Disneyhead'71

What I have seen after talking to a few guests is that what a lot of folks are doing is staying multiple days but only buying express pass for one day. Or just buying an express pass for their kids. But most are taking advantage of early entry.

BaconPancakes

Why do people hate him so much, I love the site that must not be named.
His reviews are truthful and straightforward.

But yeah, from what I'm looking into it.. it's like they have not even finished fixing or building stuff yet though it is open
I love him, but if you type the name of his blog on this site it will censor it. They must not like the competition here.

BigTxEars

Most guests going to Universal don't buy express. It's far from a necessary purchase. If you're going to buy express, then yes, it doesn't make sense to stay at CBBR. If you're not, it does.

The hotel isn't hurting for reservations. It'll be fine.

Personal preference I guess. I would most guest don't buy EP when going (we did one year) but I do think it's a huge perk for drawing in guest to stay on site is all. A much bigger one the early entry. Just my view. Either way I am sure the resort will do fine, but I just don't see the draw for me when the other Uni resorts are right there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom