Anyone else worrying that Pandora is lipstick on a pig?

spacemt354

Chili's
On that note, what if they built a Gungan talk with Jar Jar Binks? Think that generates some positive guest satisfaction surveys?
Why would anyone do that though? Unless you've been living under a rock for decades...Gungans and Jar Jar have been the brunt of basically any Star Wars fans' joke. That wouldn't make any sense. But taking that one aspect of the film and painting a broad brush that any Star Wars Ep I attraction wouldn't get good reviews, doesn't make any sense either.

We're getting off track. We can agree to disagree on Avatar. I don't care to debate the semantics anymore.

LeighM

I did not like Avatar - in fact, I've yet to be able to sit through the movie from start to finish. It's just not one I can get into it. I like the premise, the moral of the story, and the graphics but, for whatever reason, I simply cannot watch that movie. However, my husband still loves Avatar and still tries to get me to watch it with him. And you know what? I'm more excited than him to see Pandora in AK!! Not because it's tied to Avatar but to see the "floating" mountains and the bioluminescent elements at night. The thing I love about AK is the in depth theme in each land. I don't feel like I'm in FL when I'm walking to the safari. Or walking to Asia. It can transport you to another place. And that's what I want to experience in Pandora. I would rather Pandora be in HS instead of AK but I can understand why they did that.

DfromATX

I'm just excited to see something new, regardless if it's based on a movie or not. I did see the movie, and I remember enjoying it, but that is not my reason for my excitement. Disney typically puts a lot of attention to details, and that's what I look forward to. Guess we'll start finding out soon for ourselves, for all those lucky to get there in the upcoming months!

That's how I feel. I did see the movie. I remember liking it, but that's it. I'm just so happy for a new land and rides that should be awesome!

Bacon

Leaked Flight Of Passage Image
lipstick_pig_featured.jpg

21stamps

I have never seen, and really don't have a desire to see Avatar. But I'm looking forward to Pandora at Animal Kingdom!

It may actually prompt me to sit thru the movie one night.lol

Goofyernmost

Seriously, the entire, general, Theme Park concept is Lipstick on a Pig. Get over it and enjoy what is offered and not make this into some form of elitist experience.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

I hated the film, but I'm excited to see Avatarland simply because it's something new (regardless of whether the technology is new, the concepts and theming will be new to Disney, and it's the first land I'm aware of in any park that is designed to "come alive" and look dramatically different at night), and Disney has introduced very few attractions that are genuinely new in the last several years.

I still think that Avatarland is a misfit in Animal Kingdom, but that's another issue entirely -- less "lipstick on a pig" (I agree that the OP seems to have misinterpreted the phrase -- it means making cosmetic changes, sometimes ridiculous ones, to try and improve the appearance of something undesirable, to disguise its nature) and more "pig in space" (by which I mean, something thematically dissonant and out-of-context - probably what the OP was trying to get at).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom