American Idol!

CaptainMichael

lemons.jpg

When life gives you lemons, throw them at the Soul Patrol!

:lookaroun

(Maybe that'll knock some sense into their heads)

:lol:

SpongeScott

STR8FAN2005 said:
Hmm...I'm not sure what I could say without being accused of being bitter. Sooo, I'm not gonna worry about it!

I'm disappointed in American Idol for being so biased towards a contestant because of gender, I'm disappointed in America for making the King of Wedding Singers this year's American Idol, and I'm disappointed in the ridiculous attacks made against Katharine all season.

Congratulations Katharine for being the best singer this season and being beautiful both inside and out!

Go ahead, call me bitter because I am. Don't call dxwwf3 bitter because I haven't seen a single post that suggests that. If everyone can have a go at Katharine, I can do the same for His Majesty, Taylor Hicks, King of Ghastly Karaokeland! America has got it right 2 times out of 5.

Is it January yet?

Choo!!! Choo!!! McPheever!!!!!!!

Katharine's single will be available on June 13th!
Not even a congratulations? So, this will go down as your legacy for us here on this season--that you're a sore loser.

Sad that you're that worked up over a TV show.

SpongeScott

GenerationX said:
Let's examine who should have won each season, and what we can be most bitter about:

1. Kelly. Kelly rules. Bitterness level: none.

2. Clay. Great voice. His "Bridge Over Troubled Water" is very possibly the best single performance the show has ever had. Ruben was good, just not better. Bitterness level: Medium, due to the season-long pimping from the judges.

3. LaToya. America really blew it this season. Jasmine Trias (blech), Diana DeGarmo (ick), and Fantasia (yuck) all finish ahead of the most polished performer with the best voice. Bitterness level: High. Judges pimping of the ultimate winner level: Sky High.

4. Carrie. Carrie and Bo both perform well. No blatant producer favorite. Bitterness level: none.

5. Chris. Kat. Taylor is a good enough guy who would've lost in any other season. Bitterness level: Medium, due to obvious desire on producer's part for a male winner.

ALL ABOARD
Not much argument here. LaToya has been the biggest blunder in the history of the show.

hcswingfield

hcswingfield said:
OK, I've picked the winner every year. This year I didn't decide until tonight's show. The winner will be Taylor. I will be waiting to buy his CD.

The streak continues.

I thought the highlight of the finals show was Paris and Al Jarreau. They sounded great together, and both seemed to be enjoying the collaboration. The group numbers were actually pretty good, too. Most of the duets sounded like they had never been rehearsed. I felt for Elliott. Once Mary J came on stage she ignored him and didn't let him do anything. And poor Clay Aiken having to come out with that awful hair-do and share the stage with that very scary geek.

I thought Katherine was lovely and gracious. Her ability to smile even after coming in second showed maturity and reflected her gratitude at having made it that far. She did win a car and a recording contract, so she's hardly a loser, after all! Her duet with Meatloaf revealed a great talent for Broadway. She is spectacular when she has the chance to act while she is singing. I hope she pursues this career path.

And Taylor? I think he'll be the most successful winner yet. Remember, I'm good at predictions!

SpongeScott

hcswingfield said:
I thought Katherine was lovely and gracious. Her ability to smile even after coming in second showed maturity and reflected her gratitude at having made it that far. She did win a car and a recording contract, so she's hardly a loser, after all! Her duet with Meatloaf revealed a great talent for Broadway. She is spectacular when she has the chance to act while she is singing. I hope she pursues this career path.
I didn't sense hostility on her part at all. The only thing I could tell was that she had "the look" a few times before Taylor was announced the winner, just as she had the night Chris was voted off and she knew it was going to be her. Her reaction was immediate joy for Taylor and I thought she was gracious in her final words, in fact, almost too gracious--"this is a dream come true..." To finish second? :lol: I knew what she was saying, but that was what struck me at first.

Uponastar

hcswingfield said:
I felt for Elliott. Once Mary J came on stage she ignored him and didn't let him do anything.

As an Elliott fan, I loved watching him last night and agree with your assessment of Mary J. Blige. She sang her butt off, but she could have given him some space to do the same.

hcswingfield said:

I think you're right about that! The girl has definite talent. That may be the route she should take.

hcswingfield said:
And Taylor? I think he'll be the most successful winner yet. Remember, I'm good at predictions!

In the earliest stages of the AI auditions, they repeat over and over the importance of having the whole "Idol package". Taylor has it. His personality will be a big part of his celebrity. I can't wait to see what the future holds for him.

dxwwf3

hcswingfield said:
I thought Katherine was lovely and gracious. Her ability to smile even after coming in second showed maturity and reflected her gratitude at having made it that far.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

imagineer boy

dxwwf3 said:
I laughed too, but it still wasn't good to have that on THIS show.

Well, there's cursing all the time on AI. ( all cencored of corse ). Every year, there is some auditioner who curses up a storm after being rejected by the judges.

dxwwf3

imagineer boy said:
Well, there's cursing all the time on AI. ( all cencored of corse ). Every year, there is some auditioner who curses up a storm after being rejected by the judges.

I guess so. I don't watch the auditions that much, but you're right. But I guess it should be treated a little different for the finale where people that don't normally watch the show tune in.

CaptainMichael

SpongeScott said:
Not even a congratulations? So, this will go down as your legacy for us here on this season--that you're a sore loser.

Sad that you're that worked up over a TV show.
You wouldn't want me to be "fake" would you?:lol:

I'm not a sore loser, just someone who is severely disappointed in the results of a singing competition.:wave:

I'd rather have the legacy of defending a girl undeserving of the countless attacks she has received this season than be one of the attackers. I refuse to sit back and just take it while the Bad Winners run amuck attacking Katharine McPhee. Ya'll sure can dish it, but ya'll can't take it.

I will offer my congratulations to the American Idol producers for getting what they wanted. I wish Taylor all the best in his future endeavors.

Choo!!! Choo!!!

MAF

hcswingfield said:
The streak continues.

I thought the highlight of the finals show was Paris and Al Jarreau. They sounded great together, and both seemed to be enjoying the collaboration. The group numbers were actually pretty good, too. Most of the duets sounded like they had never been rehearsed. I felt for Elliott. Once Mary J came on stage she ignored him and didn't let him do anything. And poor Clay Aiken having to come out with that awful hair-do and share the stage with that very scary geek.
!
Screw Elliott, Mary J is the Queen of Hip Hop Soul! haha Anyways, there really wasn't any way that Elliott was going to keep up w/ her anyways, I mean let's be real.

LOL@ the Clay Aiken comment. I thought Clay was the scarier one on stage. did he do to his hair? Yikes....

Tramp

Taylor and Katharine are terrific performers and both these kids get a tip of my stetson for providing us with the best season yet of American Idol.

By the way, Katharine has been contacted by Steven Spielberg so hang on to your shorts, we haven't seen the last of that pretty gal. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom