Agree or disagree about Hollywood Studios?

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Once the Star Wars and Toy Story expansions are complete, Hollywood Studios becomes the best park of the four. Agree or disagree?

I will go first. I don't think Hollywood Studios will ever give me that same wonderful feeling that I get whenever I am at Magic Kingdom or Epcot. In fact, I know that it won't. That said, with Rockin Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Midway Mania, the two new attractions coming to Star Wars land, and the family friendly coaster coming to Toy Story land, I don't think any other park will even come close in terms of the sheer volume of top level attractions.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. What say you all?

HonorableMention

Disagree as well. Even with finished lands, DHS will still be messy and a slew of random IPs. Epcot has the future and the world, AK has different regions of the world, and MK has general themed areas like Adventure and Fantasy.

DHS will be a mix of Muppets, Star Wars, Toy Story, Mickey, and a large Hollywood theme that will only really fit with TOT. These will be filled with great attractions and theming, but nothing really connects them other than "Characters and Movies".

thepirateking

Once the Star Wars and Toy Story expansions are complete, Hollywood Studios becomes the best park of the four. Agree or disagree?

I will go first. I don't think Hollywood Studios will ever give me that same wonderful feeling that I get whenever I am at Magic Kingdom or Epcot. In fact, I know that it won't. That said, with Rockin Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Midway Mania, the two new attractions coming to Star Wars land, and the family friendly coaster coming to Toy Story land, I don't think any other park will even come close in terms of the sheer volume of top level attractions.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. What say you all?

You forgot the Mickey ride, which has a lot of potential. I think it will be a really fun place, and I know spend a lot more time there. But, I'm not ready to handover the crown as best park.

FettFan

You forgot the Mickey ride, which has a lot of potential. I think it will be a really fun place, and I know spend a lot more time there. But, I'm not ready to handover the crown as best park.

Correction. The Mickey ride HAD potential...until they decided to screw it up by using the Ren and Stimpy versions of the gang.

This is Mickey:
Steamboat-willie.jpg

This is Mickey:
latest

This is also Mickey:
latest

THIS...is what I'd expect to find if my dog were to eat a classic Mickey comic and then get sick and regurgitate it a half-hour later:
hqdefault.jpg

Surfin' Tuna

I agree with FettFan, but I disagree with JusticeDisney. It will be a fun park to visit, and I think my kids will love it. I think it will still be a mess with some good attractions and some possibly great attractions mixed in. I think I will miss the GMR. Biggest fear, my kids enjoy the Funko Mickey, and I have to go more than once.

Marijil

Yeah volume maybe but completely disjointed. Sorry but GMR is a game changer to me. Don't even know what the park is now. Are they still using Chinese theater facade for runaway train ride?? Park will be fun but nothing pulling it together. Even the two predominant motifs Star Wars and Pixar have zero commonality other than being great movie franchises.
No more Animation. No more backlot. No more GMR. Not headliners but really the DNA of what WAS a park about "the Hollywood that never was and always will be...". Now it's about cool attractions from cool movies. Cool.

drizgirl

Yeah volume maybe but completely disjointed. Sorry but GMR is a game changer to me. Don't even know what the park is now. Are they still using Chinese theater facade for runaway train ride?? Park will be fun but nothing pulling it together. Even the two predominant motifs Star Wars and Pixar have zero commonality other than being great movie franchises.
No more Animation. No more backlot. No more GMR. Not headliners but really the DNA of what WAS a park about "the Hollywood that never was and always will be...". Now it's about cool attractions from cool movies. Cool.

That's a really good point about the facade. That just seems off now.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
I agree with FettFan, but I disagree with JusticeDisney. It will be a fun park to visit, and I think my kids will love it. I think it will still be a mess with some good attractions and some possibly great attractions mixed in. I think I will miss the GMR. Biggest fear, my kids enjoy the Funko Mickey, and I have to go more than once.
What part do you disagree with me about?

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
You're right, I did forget about that. With that ride added to the list, the roster of attractions at Hollywood Studios becomes even stronger.

Last edited:

Marijil

I'm cracking up at the people saying HS will suck because there will be no common theme running throughout it.

Magic Kingdom says hello to all of you.

Magic Kingdom has six extraordinarily executed sub themes fitting into the overall theme of Disney and its characters (Walt's characters, not the ones Bob bought after their popularity was secured). (Yes I know Walt didn't create Snow White Peter Pan etc. but it was Disney that made them as popular and iconic as they have become, just google one and see what image appears or ask a kid to point out the Little Mermaid)
The genius of that theming has yet to be approached and is what in my opinion makes MK the all time best. This can't be compared to what's going on at DHS.
I am in NO WAY saying DHS will suck. It's going to be a blast. It's just not a studio park. It's got no more central theme than a six flags park. Just waaay better attractions, service and food

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Magic Kingdom has six extraordinarily executed sub themes fitting into the overall theme of Disney and its characters (Walt's characters, not the ones Bob bought after their popularity was secured). (Yes I know Walt didn't create Snow White Peter Pan etc. but it was Disney that made them as popular and iconic as they have become, just google one and see what image appears or ask a kid to point out the Little Mermaid)
The genius of that theming has yet to be approached and is what in my opinion makes MK the all time best. This can't be compared to what's going on at DHS.
I am in NO WAY saying DHS will suck. It's going to be a blast. It's just not a studio park. It's got no more central theme than a six flags park. Just waaay better attractions, service and food
I agree with you on the different sub themes, but the fact remains that MK has absolutely zero common theme throughout it. Which is totally fine with me. I'm just saying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom