Agree or disagree about Hollywood Studios?

JIMINYCR

Correction. The Mickey ride HAD potential...until they decided to screw it up by using the Ren and Stimpy versions of the gang.
This is Mickey:
Steamboat-willie.jpg

This is Mickey:
latest

This is also Mickey:
latest

THIS...is what I'd expect to find if my dog were to eat a classic Mickey comic and then get sick and regurgitate it a half-hour later:
hqdefault.jpg

Oh you are soooo right. I cannot understand how this ever got approved as Disney animation in the first place. Ive said it before, Walt would never let this mess get out to the viewers. The character drawings are poor quality, the content of the clips are horrible, and nothing measures up to Disney standards.

JIMINYCR

Once the Star Wars and Toy Story expansions are complete, Hollywood Studios becomes the best park of the four. Agree or disagree?

I'll agree with you. If SW & TS gets built to the level shown by the concept art and we get the awesome rides, it will change DHS completely around.
MK will always be my first and last park I target, and will be Disney to me, but DHS will now be my go to park for thrills.

AndyS2992

Oh you are soooo right. I cannot understand how this ever got approved as Disney animation in the first place. Ive said it before, Walt would never let this mess get out to the viewers. The character drawings are poor quality, the content of the clips are horrible, and nothing measures up to Disney standards.
That's your opinion and that's fine of course but I 100% disagree. I love the new shorts, the designs pay homage to the original 1920s designs but given a more modern stylization plus the shorts themselves are hilarious and have tons of Disney history easter eggs and references hidden (and not so hidden) throughout every single short that true and long term fans can appreciate. I think Disney is doing an amazing job and bringing Mickey back in to relevance for people over the age of 5.

GusGus1

I don't think any park has the same magical feeling as the Magic Kingdom, but the changes taking place at DHS are completely changing the theming of the park. This was always my second favourite park after MK, the feeling of old Hollywood was always special to me (I guess it was only a matter of time after the MGM influence was taken out). I just hope this doesn't become a 'dumping ground' for attractions they can't fit anywhere else and will keep a strong theme in the new lands. I am a little worried that the tower of terror will be re-themed as it has in Disneyland Paris.

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, this what you get from a post Cartoon Network animator/director who worked on Dexter's Laboratory and The Powerpuff Girls....

And yet Disney animation had.......
This..
latest

This...
Teacher%27s_Pet.jpg

And this..
1480092039-468790022.jpg

Last edited:

AndyS2992

I am a little worried that the tower of terror will be re-themed as it has in Disneyland Paris.
Tower of Terror was changed in California, not Paris fortunately.
Well, this what you get from a post Cartoon Network animator/director who worked on Dexter's Laboratory and The Powerpuff Girls....
Indeed but if you were a kid in the 90s who grew up with those shows like I was then it's great :p

FettFan

This..
latest

This...
Teacher%27s_Pet.jpg

And this..
1480092039-468790022.jpg

And let's not forget THIS abomination that was created solely to cash in on the Ren and Stimpy craze.

MV5BMGIzY2UwYzYtMmY0Zi00MzI5LWJiYzYtNzFhZjM1MzYwNmEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_UY268_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

At least back then Disney had the good sense to can it after only two months.

Chef Mickey

I think I'd have to reserve judgment until completion.

Toy Story land is kind of already disappointing to me. And the new Mickey ride better be great, but I'm unsure about the Mickey styling they chose versus more classic Mickey. It also seems to me to be a bit "screeny."

Finally, couldn't they give us the Mickey ride and keep GMR? GMR was such a great concept and just needed some updating and TLC. The repeal and replace is getting old.

FettFan

Animal Kingdom is the greatest park anywhere outside of Japan.

It's a zoo with some rides. Busch Gardens did the concept better.

Even Kilimanjaro Safaris is a tad bit lackluster, given that I live only 40 minutes away from a very similar experience...and at Global Wildlife Center, you can actually touch and feed the animals on safari.
Global-Wildlife-Center-LA-62-Low-res.jpg

JIMINYCR

That's your opinion and that's fine of course but I 100% disagree. I love the new shorts, the designs pay homage to the original 1920s designs but given a more modern stylization plus the shorts themselves are hilarious and have tons of Disney history easter eggs and references hidden (and not so hidden) throughout every single short that true and long term fans can appreciate. I think Disney is doing an amazing job and bringing Mickey back in to relevance for people over the age of 5.

Yes my opinoin and probably Walts as well if he could see the things put out now. Walt recognized his own limitations as an artist/ animator early on in his career and he hired animators that had training that met his high standards of ability that would improve his studio and the art that was drawn. He also sent them to art school and hired art instructors to come in to the studio to teach and improve upon their abilities. There were many occasions Walt held up the release of projects because of inferiorly drawn scenes. He continued to critique character sketches and held them back until he approved of their type and structure. He was happy with the improvements that were made to the drawings of Mickeys character, better structure and form and said the new Mickey was an improvement over his own earlier 1920s drawn mouse.

Matt_Black

The character drawings are poor quality, the content of the clips are horrible, and nothing measures up to Disney standards.

I disagree. I've had the "Swimmin' Hole" song stuck in my head since the short aired, and "The Adorable Couple" is pure joy.

This..
latest

This...
Teacher%27s_Pet.jpg

And this..
1480092039-468790022.jpg

Hey, Wonder Over Yonder was AWESOME.

And let's not forget THIS abomination that was created solely to cash in on the Ren and Stimpy craze.

MV5BMGIzY2UwYzYtMmY0Zi00MzI5LWJiYzYtNzFhZjM1MzYwNmEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_UY268_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

At least back then Disney had the good sense to can it after only two months.

Okay, while the eponymous segments were terrible, the Tex Tinstar bits on that show were unmitigated genius, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Cmdr_Crimson

Hey, Wonder Over Yonder was AWESOME.
Which is fine..But, Again...Still Former CARTOON NETWORK Artist and Director Craig Mccraken of Powerpuff Girls & Foster's Home....They were just making Toon Disney/Disney XD A Dumping ground when they got kicked off that network...

NEmickeyfan

Correction. The Mickey ride HAD potential...until they decided to screw it up by using the Ren and Stimpy versions of the gang.

This is Mickey:
Steamboat-willie.jpg

This is Mickey:
latest

This is also Mickey:
latest

THIS...is what I'd expect to find if my dog were to eat a classic Mickey comic and then get sick and regurgitate it a half-hour later:
hqdefault.jpg
I was rather excited to hear that finally a ride would be based on Mickey. IF they go with the horrible rendering of Mickey and friends, I absolutely will not go on that ride. Please... no! no! no!

Marc Davis Fan

It depends on your criteria for "best":

It will not have the overall thematic cohesiveness and consistent attention to detail of DAK, nor is it likely to have the grandeur of World Showcase or the emotional connection of MK.

It might have the best collection of e-tickets, and it might feature the most immersive land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom