Adventureland Veranda: The next Club 33?

WDW1974

Interesting post/theory, Seeker.

To be honest, I have heard it bandied about. The Club is coming (whether they call it Club 33 or Club 71 or, my vote, Club 69!) ... They absolutely see a market for it with both businesses and Lifestylers with money (how they got it is another subject), as well as certain demos with money (I'd list them but foks might start calling me a racist or other not nice names so I won't, but there are groups both in the USA and abroad that they would go after). I still think it won't be the slam dunk it has been in Anaheim. Of course, that club is ingrained and older than I am. It also was largely a special place until the last decade or so when every/any Lifestyler 'with a friend' (wink-wink) suddenly was dining there. I'd rather a meal at Napa Rose myself.

I think this location works as well as any I have heard at MK. I still feel it would fit more as an extension of the Brown Derby (and you could easily remove the Disney Junior attraction for expansion, so nothing would have to be removed) at TPFKaTD-MGMS.

doctornick

I think this location works as well as any I have heard at MK. I still feel it would fit more as an extension of the Brown Derby (and you could easily remove the Disney Junior attraction for expansion, so nothing would have to be removed) at TPFKaTD-MGMS.

I'm confused by this statement.

Expo_Seeker40

Original Poster
Interesting post/theory, Seeker.

To be honest, I have heard it bandied about. The Club is coming (whether they call it Club 33 or Club 71 or, my vote, Club 69!) ... They absolutely see a market for it with both businesses and Lifestylers with money (how they got it is another subject), as well as certain demos with money (I'd list them but foks might start calling me a racist or other not nice names so I won't, but there are groups both in the USA and abroad that they would go after). I still think it won't be the slam dunk it has been in Anaheim. Of course, that club is ingrained and older than I am. It also was largely a special place until the last decade or so when every/any Lifestyler 'with a friend' (wink-wink) suddenly was dining there. I'd rather a meal at Napa Rose myself.

Could they bank on those with $ to anchor the club while the Mommy Bloggers and Lifestylers essentially visit it for free? It is WDW after all...but can't you just imagine an Adventure themed Club? How else would we get to hear @Lee sing for his supper?!

jt04

Yep. I could see them doing one at each park, honestly, with some sort of trade system to allow members to visit the other locations. Then they'd charge twice as much. And they'd still have to beat people away with sticks.

Here is a thought (sorry if someone else thought of it) but couldn't they offer limited memberships to DVC members? They could control demand by pricing memberships appropriately. Prorated to some extent to ensure sales.

The Empress Lilly

15mjt34.jpg
Yay, a $10k private hang-out for lifestylers, drug lords and locals with tax-deductions.

I remember when one could sail these waters and everybody could sit on those verandas.

jt04

Wots dat about?

Thinking a members only club would fit well at the pavilion. Specifically the Adv, Club. Once speculated they could have an entrance near the IG for those members without park tickets. I know there is little chance the club will return but I think it could be a welcome addition to WS in the evening.

tigger1968

I don't think this location is right for some sort of high end, members only club. I think TDO would want to use a larger footprint to maximize the revenue they will undoubtedly focus on. Which it totally fine with me. Really I don't think MK has a space for it, but I get the desire to be in the original park. Maybe gut the Noodle Station? Wall it in and give it a total makeover. I think it could work there.

photomatt

I remember visiting this place back in the 1970s, and it felt like a very special place. I think it was Kikkoman's back then. It was not incredibly fancy, the food was not really amazing.

Yes, Kikkoman was still a sponsor through the early 90's. Perhaps the decision to end their sponsorship was one of the reasons the restaurant closed. It was rarely busy there, even though the food was as good, or better, than the other quick service restaurants. I never understood why people would go to Pecos Bill's and fight the crowds when they could get the same hamburger at the Veranda, but with fewer people. If you didn't like the Teriyaki sauce, all you had to do was ask for one without.

The dining areas closest to the plaza had nice views of the castle, were quiet with a secluded feel, and were kept cool by ceiling fans. If you ever had the opportunity to eat there, I think you would miss it now that it's gone; I know I do.

NewfieFan

Love the idea - I just don't want an exclusive Club 33 (or 71 or whatever) there! I'd much prefer something open to the public... or if not the general public, how about an exclusive restaurant for APers and DVCers!?!

But yes, open that place up! I love the idea of an Adventurer's Club type restaurant. It's such a perfect fit it's ridiculous!

seahawk7

It's part news, but mostly rumor...so let's get some facts sorted out as we go into this...

Not too long ago, the Tinker Bell Meet N' Greet at the former Adventureland Veranda closed when Tinkerbell moved to Main Street USA. Now, for the first time in quite a few years (outside a few events held there in the early 2000s), the Adventureland Veranda has moved back under control from the Food and Beverage department.

With the drama that has unfolded over the past couple of years with the changes effecting Club 33 membership and how it's used with Club 1901, the drama has escalated further with the controversial aesthetic choices made with Club 33's expansion.

It's been a rumor for years that the MK would get some sort of Club 33...let's call it "Club 71" for the heck of it.

With renewed interest in Disneyland's not-so-exclusive club that Lifestylers can easily get into...why wouldn't TDO want to get in on this and milk it for all it's worth?

Some sources, such as @WDW1974 have mentioned TDO's interest in creating a club at the MK.

This is TDO we're talking about...they hate to build something unless they absolutely have to and like to repurpose things.

What's now available to be used, is right near the castle and the (eventually expanded) hub (where members could have their own viewing area), what has it's own kitchen, decor already in there, ambience, etc? The Adventureland Veranda

What are two things Disney fanboys miss that have something (sort of) in common: The Adventurers Club and the Club 33 Trophy Room and they could be aesthetically replicated (to an extent) and fit into the Adventureland Veranda theme.

By adding a wall or foliage or hedges where the entrance to the restaurant is, Disney would be able to help make it more private.

The kitchen and former quick service counters could be gutted into an open kitchen, Adventureland Veranda could easily be broken into various dining rooms and lounges by adding in divider walls. There's even a faux loft that could be utilized if absolutely needed, but the major pieces of the dining facility and kitchen all exist, along with it's interior. It would need some help, but Disney is certainly not going to spend money on building a club, when they can use a former restaurant and give it a different theme, in this case an Adventure theme and milk it to death.

Club 71 anyone?

15mjt34.jpg
NO! That was where I would hope they would build a Tiana's Place by building a bridge from Liberty Square and somehow making it a continuation of Liberty Square. I don't want an exclusive club. I hate exclusivity.

asianway

Love the idea - I just don't want an exclusive Club 33 (or 71 or whatever) there! I'd much prefer something open to the public... or if not the general public, how about an exclusive restaurant for APers and DVCers!?!

But yes, open that place up! I love the idea of an Adventurer's Club type restaurant. It's such a perfect fit it's ridiculous!
APs and DVC...the cheapest demographics. Suuuuure

MarkTwain

I'm not totally against the idea of a Club 71 concept (especially if it revitalizes an out-of-the-way, currently offstage location) but I'd rather see it somewhere else. I like the idea of putting it in the old Catwalk Bar above Brown Derby, or perhaps in an unused Epcot corporate lounge (Imagination's Kodak lounge anyone?). I also question how well an Adventure's Club-type concept will mesh with the idea behind Club 33. As much fun as the original AC club was, and as much as I'd like to see it return, I wonder how much corporate types shelling out $10,000 a year for a club membership would like to discuss business deals next to a stage of yodeling aviators and puppets of drunk colonels. Save that concept for an audience that would appreciate it.

seahawk7

Ok I just looked up what the Adventurers Club was and I think it should go into the Adventureland space. Then put Tiana's Place in the the rebooted Diamond Horseshoe since the building looks more like her restaurant anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom