Adventureland Veranda: The next Club 33?

Expo_Seeker40

Original Poster
It's part news, but mostly rumor...so let's get some facts sorted out as we go into this...

Not too long ago, the Tinker Bell Meet N' Greet at the former Adventureland Veranda closed when Tinkerbell moved to Main Street USA. Now, for the first time in quite a few years (outside a few events held there in the early 2000s), the Adventureland Veranda has moved back under control from the Food and Beverage department.

With the drama that has unfolded over the past couple of years with the changes effecting Club 33 membership and how it's used with Club 1901, the drama has escalated further with the controversial aesthetic choices made with Club 33's expansion.

It's been a rumor for years that the MK would get some sort of Club 33...let's call it "Club 71" for the heck of it.

With renewed interest in Disneyland's not-so-exclusive club that Lifestylers can easily get into...why wouldn't TDO want to get in on this and milk it for all it's worth?

Some sources, such as @WDW1974 have mentioned TDO's interest in creating a club at the MK.

This is TDO we're talking about...they hate to build something unless they absolutely have to and like to repurpose things.

What's now available to be used, is right near the castle and the (eventually expanded) hub (where members could have their own viewing area), what has it's own kitchen, decor already in there, ambience, etc? The Adventureland Veranda

What are two things Disney fanboys miss that have something (sort of) in common: The Adventurers Club and the Club 33 Trophy Room and they could be aesthetically replicated (to an extent) and fit into the Adventureland Veranda theme.

By adding a wall or foliage or hedges where the entrance to the restaurant is, Disney would be able to help make it more private.

The kitchen and former quick service counters could be gutted into an open kitchen, Adventureland Veranda could easily be broken into various dining rooms and lounges by adding in divider walls. There's even a faux loft that could be utilized if absolutely needed, but the major pieces of the dining facility and kitchen all exist, along with it's interior. It would need some help, but Disney is certainly not going to spend money on building a club, when they can use a former restaurant and give it a different theme, in this case an Adventure theme and milk it to death.

Club 71 anyone?

15mjt34.jpg

Yensid1974

I think it would be more work than some think to really make it into what an exclusive club should be (at least for Disney), but it is very doable and would be a perfect fit. As long as they let Adventureland CM's have a free membership of course. :)

photomatt

I used to work there in the early 90s. The Oasis (drink location next to Jungle Cruise), the egg roll cart in Adventureland, the churro cart in Frontierland, and the Aloha Isle (where you get Dole Whip) were all run out of that location.

I used to time taking out the trash when they were showing the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks. The pay was nothing, but there were some pretty unique perks to working there. Good times. I miss the teriyaki burgers and Tiki Punch.

It would be nice to see them do anything with that location. That's a lot of unused real estate for the most visited theme park on the planet.

R W B

I like this idea.

Now if TDO actually does this, how much do you think a membership would be? Doesnt Club 33 have a $25k buy in plus annual dues? I'd imagine anything in Orlando would be more then the West Coast.

kap91

How is club 33 easy for lifestylers to join? A $10,000-20,000 deposit plus annual dues of the same to be put on a ten year waiting list isn't exclusive? And that's if the waiting list is even open. Or did I miss the memo and now it's included in my d23 membership?

I like the idea of an exclusive club I guess, but since the odds of me ever getting in are astronomically low I'd rather they just open the veranda back up in general. I like the idea of adding some adventurers club style elements through.

Last edited:

Sped2424

They should do this but keep it open to the public as a regular restaurant.

A Club 71 should be a bit more discreet.
What's more discreet than a secret society of adventurers? But I kinda like panthers statement, clubs for an elite few are not going to do me any favors. How cool would it be if this space became a restaurant with an adventurers club theme. Throw in interactive elements all throughout and give it the same level of immersiveness as the Be our guest restaurant and they could have a real winner.

Bocabear

Wow Club 71! I love this idea...as a private club. The restaurant open to the public should happen as well. MK needs a little something other than hamburgers at Pecos Bill or Cosmic Ray's... Turn the Veranda into Club 71, and move Monsters Inc Laugh Floor to DHS where it belongs, and put The Astronomers Club restaurant that was proposed years ago in it's place... They would both be money makers!

Kman101

A good idea to use the space but at the same time, I'd rather it be open to everyone, even though they probably see $$$ with the exclusive club concept.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom