2015: The year of the EPCOT makeover?

Siren

Will 2015 be the year EPCOT gets a makeover?

Confirmed: Frozen coming to Norway
Semi-confirmed: New Soaring film, projector, & theater
Rumored: New Imagination attraction
Rumored: New attraction for WoL pavilion
Rumored: Ratatouille ride for France
Rumored: UoE update

Did I miss anything? This would be in addition to Star Wars Land coming to DHS. What do you think are the chances of all of this or some of this happening?
I love the idea of a Ratatouille ride for France. Frozen would be a perfect replacement for Captain EO and that entire section.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
I love the idea of a Ratatouille ride for France. Frozen would be a perfect replacement for Captain EO and that entire section.
I would be happy if they put Honey I Shrunk the Audience back in.

I too find nothing wrong with the idea of Ratatouille in France.

FigmentJedi

I know realistically none of that is going to happen, but I think losing Maelstrom would be a small price to pay to see Imagination and WOL back in action.

You never know...but I completely agree with you. The Frozen inspired bump in attendance might just require some Figment in Future World...Yes, it is taking them friggen forever, but Figment and most likely Dreamfinder HAVE to come back in some capacity. It just doesn't make sense for them not to in my lifetime. I will applaud the travesty that is Frozen ONLY if it fuels new life into Future World.

But does Maelstrom have enough value for proper transmutation according to laws of Equivalent Exchange or should we go knocking at Universal and see if the wizards can spare a Philosopher's Stone to help?

Siren

I would be happy if they put Honey I Shrunk the Audience back in.

I too find nothing wrong with the idea of Ratatouille in France.
Awww, I miss Honey I Shrunk the Audience too, I'll never forget the first time I saw it - as a child, I was completely blown away. If Disney were to put the Ratatouille ride in France, it would be a miracle since the ride alone costs $150,000,000 - of course it would be cheaper as a duplicate but we can still dream about it right? I hope this helps Disneyland Paris to rebound. My sister was just in Paris and is going back February for Valentines Day, anyway I cannot convince her and those like her to step foot inside of Disneyland Paris, lol. I don't get it.

Last edited:

Siren

Wow, is this really that bad of an idea? You're like the second or third person to balk at that suggestion, lol. What's the alternative? Do we seriously have to deal with Caption EO forever?

I know that Epcot fans are very sensitive about their park, but this whole "Future World" thing is not really working. It time to abandon ship on that and incorporate other themes to bring some much needed cohesiveness to Epcot. I love Epcot but I've never really understood or grasped the real meaning behind that park.

MerlinTheGoat

"EPCOT Center" worked perfectly, a wonderful park with a truly inspiring and obvious meaning. Epcot is where the problem is. Disney needs to abandon Epcot and adopt EPCOT, that is what the park needs. Not more toons. They shouldn't be trying to get the park to cater towards an audience it was never intended for (and the creators never wanted).

Anyone who has to ask why Frozen is a bad idea for the Imagination pavilion needs serious help. It is indeed a terrible idea.

Siren

"EPCOT Center" worked perfectly, a wonderful park with a truly inspiring and obvious meaning. Epcot is where the problem is. Disney needs to abandon Epcot and adopt EPCOT, that is what the park needs. Not more toons. They shouldn't be trying to get the park to cater towards an audience it was never intended for (and the creators never wanted).

Anyone who has to ask why Frozen is a bad idea for the Imagination pavilion needs serious help. It is indeed a terrible idea.
I wasn't asking you. I only care about what the blue guy thinks. And the nice guy from England, of course. And, maybe peter. These are the only opinions that matter to me on this topic, Merlin.

Frozen in Future World makes more sense than it does in World Showcase. Nemo's presence can be found at The Seas, there are elements from the Lion King that represent The Land, and Frozen is a good replacement for Captain EO. And, you are hardly qualified to comment on who needs help, champ. On that note, I will call it a night.

MerlinTheGoat

While I would not normally claim to be qualified to judge who needs help, i'm entirely comfortable making an exception when someone comes up with an absurd idea like this. But your attitude is duly noted and ignored for the sake of keeping this on topic.

The question as Captain Neo said- WHAT? Or as I will word it, in what way does Frozen fit into the Imagination pavilion, into Future World? I assume Neo is questioning your post for a similar reason the rest of us are against it. If you think Frozen works at Imagination, then justify it with actual reasoning and make it fit with what EPCOT is about. I visited EPCOT when it had a working theme before Eisner and Iger crapped all over the place and left it in ruins. Further escalating that mess by shoehorning toons in where they don't belong and aren't wanted doesn't fix anything.

Frozen fits at MK's Fantasyland, could be potentially made to fit at DHS. Doesn't at EPCOT.

Last edited:

Captain Neo

Wow, is this really that bad of an idea? You're like the second or third person to balk at that suggestion, lol. What's the alternative? Do we seriously have to deal with Caption EO forever?

I know that Epcot fans are very sensitive about their park, but this whole "Future World" thing is not really working. It time to abandon ship on that and incorporate other themes to bring some much needed cohesiveness to Epcot. I love Epcot but I've never really understood or grasped the real meaning behind that park.

All they have to do is restore the original Journey into Imagination and keep Captain EO or make a new Journey into Imagination that is faithful to the original with Dreamfinder and Figment. What the hell does frozen have to do with Future World?

FrankLapidus

So you want to turn it into another Magic Kingdom? Because Frozen replacing Caption EO makes absolutely no sense at all.

Beholder

While I would not normally claim to be qualified to judge who needs help, i'm entirely comfortable making an exception when someone comes up with an absurd idea like this. But your attitude is duly noted and ignored for the sake of keeping this on topic.

The question as Captain Neo said- WHAT? Or as I will word it, in what way does Frozen fit into the Imagination pavilion? I assume Neo is questioning your post for a similar reason the rest of us are against it. If you think Frozen works at Imagination, then justify it with actual reasoning and make it fit with what EPCOT is about. I visited EPCOT when it had a working theme before Eisner and Iger crapped all over the place and left it in ruins. Further escalating that mess by shoehorning toons in where they don't belong and aren't wanted doesn't fix anything.

Frozen fits at MK's Fantasyland, could be potentially made to fit at DHS. Doesn't at EPCOT.

I think the problem is that the people who don't understand or fathom the original intent or mission of EPCOT are also the people making these "Frozen" decisions. It's pandering to a much less discriminating "guest" than in years past. I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid we are seeing the twilight of EPCOT as it was. I know this has been going on for some time, but this Frozen thing isn't even an effort to at least make some sense of a character intrusion. It's the direction the park is headed. MK 2.0

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Awww, I miss Honey I Shrunk the Audience too, I'll never forget the first time I saw it - as a child, I was completely blown away. If Disney were to put the Ratatouille ride in France, it would be a miracle since the ride alone costs $150,000,000 - of course it would be cheaper as a duplicate but we can still dream about it right? I hope this helps Disneyland Paris to rebound. My sister was just in Paris and is going back February for Valentines Day, anyway I cannot convince her and those like her to step foot inside of Disneyland Paris, lol. I don't get it.
You know what else they could do? Put a Time Keeper in the CircleVision theater in Canada or China. It may fit in better in Canada. They can say it's temporary and in memory of Robin Williams!

PeterAlt

Original Poster
EPCOT needs to be refocused thematically as the technology and innovation park. Disney, listen to me very carefully. Think Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Las Vegas, where, each year, companies go to showcase their new products. EPCOT should be similar to that, but with an emphasis on new technologies and innovations for city use and consumer use. This is where the first holographic theater should be built, for example. They have the concept right with Test Track. Now, expand on that!

FigmentJedi

Quick guys make sure Pixar's Good Dinosaur and Inside Out make a billion each so they can redo Universe of Energy and Wonders of Life into Toon tie-ins next!!!!!!
Yes to Inside Out, but I'd rather have Good Dinosaur take over Theater in the Wild and boot that badly written Nemo musical out and finally make Theater in the Wild feature something related to dinosaurs.

Magenta Panther

But does Maelstrom have enough value for proper transmutation according to laws of Equivalent Exchange or should we go knocking at Universal and see if the wizards can spare a Philosopher's Stone to help?

OHHHH, MAN, you've watched Full Metal Alchemist too? It roooooccckkkssss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom