2015: The year of the EPCOT makeover?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Frozen in Norway is the highest decision ever to be made in Epcot. There's going to be Frozen Merchandise everywhere in the World Showcase. Why can't everyone understand EPCOT is fine now, but will become better with Frozen and other Movie-tie ins especially in the World Showcase.
Yeah....

BrerJon

Frozen in Norway is the highest decision ever to be made in Epcot. There's going to be Frozen Merchandise everywhere in the World Showcase. Why can't everyone understand EPCOT is fine now, but will become better with Frozen and other Movie-tie ins especially in the World Showcase.

Welcome to the board, Meg! I know you've never been to the parks you're in charge of, so if you have any questions about them just ask and the folks here will be happy to help you out.

Last edited:

CJR

There won't be anything permanent coming to WoL for a long time, but when it does happen, I expect something like this:

"Disney Re-imagines Epcot's Wonders of Life. For the last decade this outstanding pavilion has been the host of life in our Flower and Garden Festival and our Food and Wine Festival. Our research has revealed to us that our guests have enjoyed the value of these attractions so we have decided to make the best parts of these experiences a permanent part of our park for all guests to enjoy, year round. In Wonders of Life, Sponsored by HGTV, guests will be able to learn about the culinary arts and how proper gardening can contribute to a well cooked meal. By living healthy and eating healthy, we can enjoy the many Wonders of Life in our world."

Calling it. I expect it to basically be another Living with the Land, but without the ride.

Smiddimizer

There won't be anything permanent coming to WoL for a long time, but when it does happen, I expect something like this:

"Disney Re-imagines Epcot's Wonders of Life. For the last decade this outstanding pavilion has been the host of life in our Flower and Garden Festival and our Food and Wine Festival. Our research has revealed to us that our guests have enjoyed the value of these attractions so we have decided to make the best parts of these experiences a permanent part of our park for all guests to enjoy, year round. In Wonders of Life, Sponsored by HGTV, guests will be able to learn about the culinary arts and how proper gardening can contribute to a well cooked meal. By living healthy and eating healthy, we can enjoy the many Wonders of Life in our world."

Calling it. I expect it to basically be another Living with the Land, but without the ride.

Wonders of Life: Home Edition

Bairstow

So like, an Innoventions but with cooking demos? How would this
a) move merch?
b) occupy crowds?

CDavid

Has this post been approved by the Disney legal department - like they do for the blog? Wouldn't want you to get in trouble or anything, and maybe lose your job...

Oh, wait... ;)

Smiddimizer

Has this post been approved by the Disney legal department - like they do for the blog? Wouldn't want you to get in trouble or anything, and maybe lose your job...

Oh, wait... ;)

There's nothing 'legal'--or 'Disney' for that matter--about her post earlier today.. :bored::cautious:o_O

Ryan Toaddy

Someone mentioned marvel rides being built, but I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour last week and the CM mentioned that Sanghai was getting an Iron Man ride. However, due to an agreement with Universal, Disney is not allowed to built Marvel stuff in Florida. They can use it at other parks outside of the state, just not here.

Haymarket2008

Someone mentioned marvel rides being built, but I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour last week and the CM mentioned that Sanghai was getting an Iron Man ride. However, due to an agreement with Universal, Disney is not allowed to built Marvel stuff in Florida. They can use it at other parks outside of the state, just not here.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Marvel, but I would HATE if they were in any park other than DHS. If they even touched Epcot I would freak the f*** out. But if Thor saved the day and used his hammer to get Olaf away from the three headed trolls, that'd be acceptable. Thor-A High Seas Marvel Maelstrom! :p I could stomach that. And I also read that the Iron Man ride in Shanghai would be the same tech used for Star Tours...if so, that is disappointing and a huge missed opportunity.

Haymarket2008

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there talk saying that the Ratatouille ride and/or the ride technology wouldn't be making an appearance state-side for another 4 years?

BrerJon

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Marvel, but I would HATE if they were in any park other than DHS. If they even touched Epcot I would freak the f*** out.

That almost happened! The Avengers Monorail was going to go through Epcot until they realised it would count as an infringement on Universal's rights.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Thanks for the heads up.

Haymarket2008

I know realistically none of that is going to happen, but I think losing Maelstrom would be a small price to pay to see Imagination and WOL back in action.

You never know...but I completely agree with you. The Frozen inspired bump in attendance might just require some Figment in Future World...Yes, it is taking them friggen forever, but Figment and most likely Dreamfinder HAVE to come back in some capacity. It just doesn't make sense for them not to in my lifetime. I will applaud the travesty that is Frozen ONLY if it fuels new life into Future World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom