2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

HolleBolleGijs

Even if no sequel is coming, the film is VERY popular when it's aired on cable. It's almost always one of the top Twitter trending topics whenever it's shown on ABC Family, which is a couple of times a year.

While I don't doubt its popularity, it's important to note that Twitter by default customizes the trending hashtags. So it may have shown as "trending" for you because of the people you follow and what you tweet about.

For me, once it showed #SaySomethingNiceAboutDHS, which I really doubt was a trending topic throughout the whole twitterverse.

Matt_Black

While I don't doubt its popularity, it's important to note that Twitter by default customizes the trending hashtags. So it may have shown as "trending" for you because of the people you follow and what you tweet about.

For me, once it showed #SaySomethingNiceAboutDHS, which I really doubt was a trending topic throughout the whole twitterverse.

I don't think that's applicable, because I always see trends about sports and One Direction, and I don't care for either.

HolleBolleGijs

I don't think that's applicable, because I always see trends about sports and One Direction, and I don't care for either.

I think it's a mix. Right now, I have Magic Kingdom, Main Street, and Les Mis, which are things I actually care about but probably aren't on most people's day-to-day radar, but also #BieberOnElvis and #FearTheWalkingDead which are more mainstream but couldn't be lower on my pop culture totem pole.

In any case, I'm really excited to see a new offering that's not tied to something new and more marketable!

WhatJaneSays

Were there Fast Passes for the parties last year? My mind says yes but I see they are not doing them for the partys this year?

Seems I paid the admission for 6 - 7 hours and should get the same treatment as any other paying guest?

Just found out and trying to get the real story so I know this is the place for that
For the event time itself there are no FPs but if you go in early (4pm) you can go to any kiosk and get FPs up until regular hours are over.

JohnD

For the event time itself there are no FPs but if you go in early (4pm) you can go to any kiosk and get FPs up until regular hours are over.

Actually, not technically correct. MDE treats a MNSSHP ticket as a one-day ticket. You could make FP+ choices prior to 4pm but it wouldn't do you any good since you can't get in prior to 4:00 p.m. Once you purchase your ticket, go ahead and link it to MDE then make your choices 30 days out (60 if staying at a resort).

WhatJaneSays

Actually, not technically correct. MDE treats a MNSSHP ticket as a one-day ticket. You could make FP+ choices prior to 4pm but it wouldn't do you any good since you can't get in prior to 4:00 p.m. Once you purchase your ticket, go ahead and link it to MDE then make your choices 30 days out (60 if staying at a resort).
In many cases this will work. However MDE will not allow 2 sets of FPs for the same person in the same day. If they already have FPs for their regular park tickets trying to make new FPs on the MNSSHP tickets will overwrite their existing FPs for that day.

Bairstow

To clear things up, if all you have are party tickets, you CAN go on the website and make FP+ reservations for the day of the party and set them for between 4PM and the end of the normal operating day (usually 7PM) on a party night.

We're staying at a resort and only have party tickets for a night this October and have already made FP+ reservations for the Mountains between 4 and 7.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

When I bought the party ticket the FP option was there but locked. I thought that I was more than 30 out so I didn't pay it any mind. Now the option is removed completely. Friday at 12:01AM I am less than 30 out but I think this year a Party ticket does not have the FP available in any way shape or form.

Would love to hear form anyone that is going to an earlier party to see if they did get the option and were able to book FPs between 4 and 7. I am sure that is what I did last year but we all know how good TDO is at removing any perks and sucking the magic out of everything they do.

Bairstow

When I bought the party ticket the FP option was there but locked. I thought that I was more than 30 out so I didn't pay it any mind. Now the option is removed completely. Friday at 12:01AM I am less than 30 out but I think this year a Party ticket does not have the FP available in any way shape or form.

Would love to hear form anyone that is going to an earlier party to see if they did get the option and were able to book FPs between 4 and 7. I am sure that is what I did last year but we all know how good TDO is at removing any perks and sucking the magic out of everything they do.

Odd.
I take it you're not staying at a resort?

afb28

I have AP but the people I'm going with don't and their window opens tomorrow so I'll try to find this out for you.

JoeCamel

Odd.
I take it you're not staying at a resort?

And pay Disney prices?? Just kidding I am almost local but stopped the AP several years ago in favor of Universal. The party is the only ticket I have. Seems I end up with a ticket every year but never have real plans to get one.

Bairstow

And pay Disney prices?? Just kidding I am almost local but stopped the AP several years ago in favor of Universal. The party is the only ticket I have. Seems I end up with a ticket every year but never have real plans to get one.

Hm.
Well like I said, we're staying at a Disney resort for a few nights, but the only actual park ticket we have is for the party. This is middle of the week in mid-October.
MDE let us schedule fastpasses for the mountains as soon as we tried- about 50 days out.
You tried the website again?

JoeCamel

Hm.
Well like I said, we're staying at a Disney resort for a few nights, but the only actual park ticket we have is for the party. This is middle of the week in mid-October.
MDE let us schedule fastpasses for the mountains as soon as we tried- about 50 days out.
You tried the website again?

Thank you, I did try again a few minutes ago and the FP option is back but locked. Guess I will be up late Thursday to see if it unlocks.

Thanks again

brb1006

In the past the headless horseman rides a few minutes before the parade so be in place. At the turn in Liberty Square you might get a real surprise if you are on the HM side and the street is wet. Saw him and the horse go down hard there and I think they now limit him to a trot.

I wonder how some guests reacted to this?

JoeCamel

I wonder how some guests reacted to this?

There was a lot of gasping but to the actors credit (and the horse) they remounted and continued on. The subsequent nights there was no galloping, it was a trot and I believe it continues to this day. The days of the Headless Horseman galloping through the parade route are over I think. Wet street or not it is not safe to have a 1200 lb animal/rider making that turn on concrete at a gallop with children close by.

afb28

Thank you, I did try again a few minutes ago and the FP option is back but locked. Guess I will be up late Thursday to see if it unlocks.

Thanks again
So my friends have the ability to make fastpass reservations but they can only get 2, a 4-5 and a 5-6. It doesn't let a 3rd to get reserved for the 6-7 hour.

CTXRover

So my friends have the ability to make fastpass reservations but they can only get 2, a 4-5 and a 5-6. It doesn't let a 3rd to get reserved for the 6-7 hour.

Based on my experience from last year, it won't let you book a FP for 6-7. The latest it seems FPs are released out to is 6:30pm (perhaps to help clear the park out?).

Have them change their times to the half hour marks and book one for 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30 and 5:30-6:30pm. It will allow them to book and use 3. That's what we did last year and it worked out fine. At that time, we only had the special event tickets so could enter no earlier than 4pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom