2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

BernardandBianca

f someone wants to pay the extra money for the special dessert party, then that is their decision, and their decision alone, and no one should begrudge them their decision. I wouldn't do it (heck, we don't even do the MNSSHP itself), but to each their own.

If you price out the average cost of a catered dessert, fruit, beverage, and set dressing its right in line with the area cost structure outside the parks.
I would really like to see your cost breakdown to understand how you can equate the two.

Matt_Black

Second, what are some must-do/must-see things? -- keep in mind, we only have passes to the party.

Personally, I loved the special meet & greets. There are several meets available that aren't around during regular hours. I think the must must do, though, would be Jack Skellington, because what good is it going to a Halloween party without meeting the Pumpkin King?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
[QUOTE="BernardandBianca,

I would really like to see your cost breakdown to understand how you can equate the two.[/QUOTE]

Do some price shopping for catering in Orlando, it's not difficult. Look at what the dessert party has listed as being served and price each selection type out on a per person basis. You'll also need to figure in venue price, staging, decoration, and the party favors. If you've done anything like this before the dollars creep up rapidly.

JoeCamel

Were there Fast Passes for the parties last year? My mind says yes but I see they are not doing them for the partys this year?

Seems I paid the admission for 6 - 7 hours and should get the same treatment as any other paying guest?

Just found out and trying to get the real story so I know this is the place for that

YodaMan

Were there Fast Passes for the parties last year? My mind says yes but I see they are not doing them for the partys this year?

Seems I paid the admission for 6 - 7 hours and should get the same treatment as any other paying guest?

Just found out and trying to get the real story so I know this is the place for that

Nope. Just like EMH, there is no Fastpass during hard tickets

Crazydisneyfanluke

You want to be on Main Street U.S.A. without question, as the show is really designed to be seen from that angle. Ideally, somewhere close to Casey's Corner.

It will be busy, but not overwhelmingly so. I would plan on being there no later than 15 minutes before Celebrate the Magic, which is at 9:45pm, which then leads almost directly into the firework show at 10pm.
Do you know the schedule of the party nights? Wondering if there would be a stage show about 9pm since the fireworks are at 10pm this year.

ToTBellHop

ToTBellHop

I'm curious why this year and why the Sanders sisters? Bette Middler is ready to jump on a sequel, so maybe the suits are doing some market studies ?
I think Disney has realized that those of us who enjoyed Hocus Pocus as kids are now adults and would pay to bring our kids (and ourselves!) to such a show. It's developed a cult following like Nightmare Before Christmas did.

I can't wait to see "I Put a Spell on You", especially since the sisters are Equity and will be performing live.

JoeCamel

In the past the headless horseman rides a few minutes before the parade so be in place. At the turn in Liberty Square you might get a real surprise if you are on the HM side and the street is wet. Saw him and the horse go down hard there and I think they now limit him to a trot.

WDWdream97

I think Disney has realized that those of us who enjoyed Hocus Pocus as kids are now adults and would pay to bring our kids (and ourselves!) to such a show. It's developed a cult following like Nightmare Before Christmas did.

I can't wait to see "I Put a Spell on You", especially since the sisters are Equity and will be performing live.
I wish they would release this song in a remastered form, but sadly they lost the master tapes years ago :(

Matt_Black

I'm curious why this year and why the Sanders sisters? Bette Middler is ready to jump on a sequel, so maybe the suits are doing some market studies ?

Even if no sequel is coming, the film is VERY popular when it's aired on cable. It's almost always one of the top Twitter trending topics whenever it's shown on ABC Family, which is a couple of times a year.

WDWdream97

I say they have Bette go back into the studio to re-record the song, maybe feature somone like Lady GaGa,then hire a slew of DJs to remix it. This would be a MASSIVE club hit*.

*Sorry for any/all armchair imagineering

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom