2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

afb28

Based on my experience from last year, it won't let you book a FP for 6-7. The latest it seems FPs are released out to is 6:30pm (perhaps to help clear the park out?).

Have them change their times to the half hour marks and book one for 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30 and 5:30-6:30pm. It will allow them to book and use 3. That's what we did last year and it worked out fine. At that time, we only had the special event tickets so could enter no earlier than 4pm.
That makes sense.

If I was going with other APs, I'd do that but I don't want to make anyone feel rushed (since they don't have passes) about making a fastpass within 30mins of being able to get in, but that's really helpful info.

Tony the Tigger

But no one's making people pay that second price.
If people are willing to pay, which is extraordinary, why is Disney at fault for taking their money?

So if the local grocery store starts charging $25 for an orange, do you say, "well nobody is forcing you to pay it" or "gee, that's very overpriced
But no one's making people pay that second price.
If people are willing to pay, which is extraordinary, why is Disney at fault for taking their money?

Because there's a whiff of taking advantage just because they can.

Bairstow

So if the local grocery store starts charging $25 for an orange, do you say, "well nobody is forcing you to pay it" or "gee, that's very overpriced

A better metaphor would be the local grocery store selling oranges for $0.30 each, but offering to tie pretty white ribbons around each orange for a $2 fee.
The dumb ribbons don't directly effect the prices of my oranges, and if people are that desperate to have their fruit decorated, then they can have at it.

HolleBolleGijs

A better metaphor would be the local grocery store selling oranges for $0.30 each, but offering to tie pretty white ribbons around each orange for a $2 fee.
The dumb ribbons don't directly effect the prices of my oranges, and if people are that desperate to have their fruit decorated, then they can have at it.

This. I was trying to come up with a better scenario...but the best I had was an upcharge to have a dance party with the organic fruit.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Ahh nice way to spin your opinion in there, not exactly ceteris paribus as superficial accoutrements are already implied by the MNSSHP wristbands worn by all party goers, its already an up-charge for the hard ticket event. The orange is the same one available before 4pm, after 7pm the pretty white ribbons are required. Some choose to pay an additional fee to have cherries added to their dressed up orange.

Bairstow

Ahh nice way to spin your opinion in there, not exactly ceteris paribus as superficial accoutrements are already implied by the MNSSHP wristbands worn by all party goers, its already an up-charge for the hard ticket event. The orange is the same one available before 4pm, after 7pm the pretty white ribbons are required. Some choose to pay an additional fee to have cherries added to their dressed up orange.

I'm not the one who started the produce metaphor.
Sometimes you have to work with what you're given.

Tony the Tigger

So the funny thing is – being new to the forum – I intended to abandon the orange metaphor because it didn't feel solid to me and I didn't have time to come up with the perfect analogy. I didn't realize what I had typed was still there when I responded to the second post. So all your points ripping the metaphor to shreds are well taken. Lol.

And I guess now I have learned how to respond to two quotes in one post LOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom