2012 Themed Entertainment Association park attendance figures show increase over 2011

The Empress Lilly

Does anyone know the capacity of IOA? I think it's relatively low compared to the other parks.
I think the more pressing capacity problem is Potterland. The land was build too small. It is always packed, the lines to buy a $35 wand are so long most customers don't even bother.

I don't think the rest of IoA fills anywhere close to capacity even on busy days.

Darth Tater

It is a little surprising that IOA and USF are not higher but other than that no major shockers.
I was shocked too. They invest all this $$$ into WWOHP, Despicable Me, and other additions, yet fall behind idle parks such as DAK & DHS.

WWOHP may be losing it's initial excitement. I dunno whatever the cause, but WWOHP London should be a welcomed addition for USF. Let's hope it has staying power.

Disneyhead'71

First off, TEA doesn't use the "first click" method for calculating attendance. That is an internal metric that multi-park resorts use.

I am not surprised by any of the numbers. The 2.2% increase across the board at WDW seems a titch high, but they have done a great job of selling to international markets.

Uni's numbers seem in line with the additions added there.

asianway

First off, TEA doesn't use the "first click" method for calculating attendance. That is an internal metric that multi-park resorts use.

I am not surprised by any of the numbers. The 2.2% increase across the board at WDW seems a titch high, but they have done a great job of selling to international markets.

Uni's numbers seem in line with the additions added there.
Did not know that. So if I visited all 4 parks in a day I'm counted in all 4 numbers?

jakeman

Uni up 47,000??? I think you're missing a few hundred thousand.

Ioa itself was up over 300k
You are right. I have no idea what happened to my math. My WDW numbers were way off as well.

I've corrected the post.

Ironically, I got the percentages right.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think the more pressing capacity problem is Potterland. The land was build too small. It is always packed, the lines to buy a $35 wand are so long most customers don't even bother.

I don't think the rest of IoA fills anywhere close to capacity even on busy days.

Yeah, I'm just wondering what the figure is....50,000? 60,000?

GLaDOS

That doesn't necessarily follow.

There are so many potential customers lost that UNI can still rake in piles of money while still missing out on a king's fortune.

But you don't even need to go through Ollivanders to buy a wand. Also, there are wands for sale in the main IoA shop and at a cart right outside the exit to Forbidden Journey.

So I think they have their bases covered.

GLaDOS

Wow, a lot less than I imagined

It's not surprising. Small walkways and a small number of "filler" attractions lead to small capacity.

There's a reason why the next few additions to IoA will be fleshing out lands like Jurassic Park and Seuss. One has too little, and the other could really use more of a draw to get people to stay there.

BryceM

It's not surprising. Small walkways and a small number of "filler" attractions lead to small capacity.

There's a reason why the next few additions to IoA will be fleshing out lands like Jurassic Park and Seuss. One has too little, and the other could really use more of a draw to get people to stay there.
Yep!

I went to Islands of Adventure this past Christmas week, and I was sure it was going to close due to capacity. I was sitting at Margaritaville around noon and there was an ENDLESS amount of people entering the park. It was crazy to watch.

StageFrenzy

But you don't even need to go through Ollivanders to buy a wand. Also, there are wands for sale in the main IoA shop and at a cart right outside the exit to Forbidden Journey.

So I think they have their bases covered.

I heard that the wands in Ollivanders are different than the character wands everywhere?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom