2012 Themed Entertainment Association park attendance figures show increase over 2011

Millionaire2K

Here's mine:

MK 17.2 (million) ↑ - Slight bump higher from last year
DL 15.5 ↓ - Predicting DCA will steal some numbers from DL
EP 10.8 ↑ - Slight bump lower from last year
DCA 10.8 ↑↑↑ - Almost double the 6.3 million from last year
DAK 9.8 ↑ - Slight bump higher
DHS 9.8 ↑ - Agreed with yours, due to Star Tours re-do
IoA 7.6 ↓ - Just slightly off from last year
USF 6.0 ↓ - Again, just slightly down or the same as last year
SEA 5.0 ↓ - Down about 200k due to Disney and Universal

Due to opening later in the year, I'm not sure if the New Fantasyland will have a big impact to last year's numbers for MK.

I love how you predict every DISNEYWORLD park up INCLUDING AK (WERE NOTHING HAS BEEN NEW IN YEARS) but you expected every NON DISNEY park DOWN!!

WOWZERS!

That's exactly what we're doing in July! Can't wait!!!

SOCAL June 23-July 2 for us. It was our normal Spring trip to Disney World.

Last year's numbers (for 2011)...

DAK: 9,783,000
DHS: 9,699,000

...so, if they go down for 2012, then yeah, DCA could pass them.

LOL!!

So is it safe to say that the huge increases for UNI is over until the Potter expansion happens?

No because their numbers are still higher this past year then the year Potter opened. The year Potter opened they did Amazingly well compared to were they were b4.

Example: If MK was at 50 Million this year. Would 52 million the next year be a slowdown of the increase that they just got the year b4?

IOA still grew more then any other Orlando park.

PhilharMagician

Just a note, Disney does not release attendance numbers to be used in this report. TEA uses many points of information to come up with their best guess @ attendance numbers (mainly P & L) along with local tourism numbers and others.

PhotoDave219

I believe in the past MK has had 18 million visits in one year, but that was not in recent years.

They have. It was in the early 90s. I have the data on my regular computer at home.

So it's been done before, but not in recent history. However we are trending towards 18 million. 18 1/4 million translates to 50,000 per day.

And frankly that's just too damn busy for me.

DryCreek

remember the temporary entrance behind Soarin'?
Yes. DW and I were there in early March of last year and had to fight our way through that mess!
Once the first showing of World Of Color let out - it was nearly impossible to get into the park for the second showing or to catch that silly disco-esque Techno-beat mess happening on the other side of that park (some Tron themed event). We honestly felt like fish trying to swim upstream during normal access too! Sometimes they would open the big double door gates to let folks out, and that helped ease the lines somewhat, but you still had to go through the gates for a hand stamp if you were going to reenter later.

I really hate that we missed seeing Buena Vista Street, and to a lesser extent CarsLand.

Animaniac93-98

They have. It was in the early 90s. I have the data on my regular computer at home.

So it's been done before, but not in recent history. However we are trending towards 18 million. 18 1/4 million translates to 50,000 per day.

And frankly that's just too damn busy for me.

There comes a point where, as you say, too many people come and the destination loses some of its appeal. It's why even after NFL, they still need more rides and new areas at MK. But instead they insist on keeping people out in the streets with Fastpass, "interactive" games and other things that help to clog walkways.

cheezbat

A little surprised by the nice increases across the board for WDW. I expected DCA's increase to be even more significant.

Yeah I don't believe their numbers. Especially when all insiders were saying that DCA 2.0 helped give the park a bump of at least an additional 3 million people...and honestly, the park was way busier than my previous visits.

OCGuy

These numbers are a joke. This organization is purely speculating what the real annual attendance numbers are for each park. None of these parks report actual figures and I know the Magic Kingdom and IOA numbers are inflated. So, I call BS on this organization's annual "report on amusement park number." Sorry peeps.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
These numbers are a joke. This organization is purely speculating what the real annual attendance numbers are for each park. None of these parks report actual figures and I know the Magic Kingdom and IOA numbers are inflated. So, I call BS on this organization's annual "report on amusement park number." Sorry peeps.
I'd be interested in seeing you supporting evidence for this.

PhotoDave219

I call BS on the guy with one post.

PhotoDave219

Apparently up to the mid 80s, they put the attendance figures inside the annual reports. Does anyone have any old annual reports lying around? The SEC's EDGAR system only goes back to 1993 and by then, the numbers were yanked out.

jakeman

Parkscope Michael on twitter alluded to this and started down the line of, "if everyone's up 2.2% why did they start the differential pricing now?"

Something doesn't seem right
Because 2.3% of 17.5 million is way more than 2.2% of 10 million.

EDIT: I did some math.

Overall attendance for WDW was 2.2%. UNI as a whole was 3.3%

WDW added just over 1,080,000 additional guest. UNI added just over 470,000.

Percentages that close are generally considered statistically the same.

Just some additional figures, now back to your regularly schedule believing/not believing the numbers depending on your opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom