What old rumored projects do you want to see John Lasseter reevaluate?

Legacy

Ghostbuster626 said:
haha such a worthy adversary to argue with. I applaud you good sir.

Note Im gonna have to keep editing this message as I read your large post.

Ok first of all 100% grammer and spelling isnt necessary on the internet, especially during heated debate. Second of all I am shareholder and I will continue becoming a larger one as every paycheck I get from work I take half of it and invest it in the Disney company.

Next, WDW had one of its busiest years because of the 50th. anniversary riding on Disneylands coattails. You keep throwing statistics in my face but the fact is statistics can be twisted and turned any which way. Stich's Great Escape is a poor attraction, even for a c-ticket. Its not even an opinion. Hell im sure even Bob Iger will tell you its bad! Just like Journey into your imagination was bad..so bad in fact that Eisner had to even admit it by pumping more money into the attraction and try to salvage it.

Eisner was a bad guy wether you like it or not. The fact that he is long gone and Roy Disney and Steve Jobs are still associated with Disney and that the stock has responded favorably should tell you that majority of the people in this world will agree with me. After Frank Wells (who was President and COO of the company, not CFO like you said in a previous argument)died he became Mr. Wallstreet trying to satisfy investors by cutting costs and milking properties but failed misreably. It is not my opinion that Eisner was terrible..go read any business article, watch the news, go outside! Everyone has been critizing Eisner for his poor leadership and his horrible micromanaging.
Eisner isn't 'long-gone'... he still has advisory priviledges.

CaliSurfer182

Ghostbuster626 said:
After Frank Wells (who was President and COO of the company, not CFO like you said in a previous argument)died he became Mr. Wallstreet trying to satisfy investors by cutting costs and milking properties but failed misreably.

I guess Mr. Wallstreet was cutting costs when he approved DLP?

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
CaliSurfer182 said:
I believe you said you were a shareholder, which would make you an investor right? But you don't seem satisfied, so I am not following your post.

Disney stock went down under his leadership after the death of Frank Wells. His attempts to increase profits failed. DLP was greenlit when Frank Wells was still alive and Tony Baxter had a say in the going ons of WDI.

Enderikari

Ghostbuster626 said:
Next, WDW had one of its busiest years because of the 50th. anniversary riding on Disneylands coattails. You keep throwing statistics in my face but the fact is statistics can be twisted and turned any which way. Stich's Great Escape is a poor attraction, even for a c-ticket. Its not even an opinion. Hell im sure even Bob Iger will tell you its bad! Just like Journey into your imagination was bad..so bad in fact that Eisner had to even admit it by pumping more money into the attraction and try to salvage it.

Eisner was a bad guy wether you like it or not. The fact that he is long gone and Roy Disney and Steve Jobs are still associated with Disney and that the stock has responded favorably should tell you that majority of the people in this world will agree with me.

Wow... not even a glimmer of understanding... You provide opinions, not facts... Stitch rates decently high on Disney's form of guest measurement, the guest satisfactions surveys.. That means no internet fools can seek them out to give them skewed data, they are taking a statiscal representation of everybody who visits the park, not just the crazy, ignorant ones... And, among EVERYBODY, when people who are riding the attraction are factored in, the guests enjoy the attraction... You say its a poor attraction, but your only proof is your own opinion, and name dropping ex-cathedra of Bob Iger to try and validate your invalid claims... Poor show.
Imagination... talk to Kodak... though the new attraction tests very well I hear (I don't see a whole lot of Epcot's Data)
Roy E. Disney is a figurehead now, and not much of one... Anybody who knows anything about well, anything important recognizes SAVE DISNEY as a failed attempt from a failure of a man. Even worse, much moreso than Eisner, Roy E. has done his best to destroy the Disney Company, with the Comcast takeover bid and his ill-guided SAVE DISNEY campaign. Eisner had been the C.E.O. of a fortune 100 company for over 20 years... That is an impressive and extremely long time to be in such a position of power. His contract was coming up in a year, and he saw the oppurtunity to get out. Even if you believe the fallacy that Roy and Gold did anything to shorten Eisner's lifespan, what good do you think one year would do anybody? And liking Bob Iger and agreeing with him does not mean one also has to dislike Eisner. Steve Jobs is in the board of directors because he is interested in something Disney has to offer... content.. The success of I-Tunes has opened up Jobs eyes to micro-sales, and he sees the Disney canon as a great place to start. Don't fool yourself, he's not in it for the fantasy, he wants to get paid.

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
Enderikari said:
Wow... not even a glimmer of understanding... You provide opinions, not facts... Stitch rates decently high on Disney's form of guest measurement, the guest satisfactions surveys.. That means no internet fools can seek them out to give them skewed data, they are taking a statiscal representation of everybody who visits the park, not just the crazy, ignorant ones... And, among EVERYBODY, when people who are riding the attraction are factored in, the guests enjoy the attraction... You say its a poor attraction, but your only proof is your own opinion, and name dropping ex-cathedra of Bob Iger to try and validate your invalid claims... Poor show.
Imagination... talk to Kodak... though the new attraction tests very well I hear (I don't see a whole lot of Epcot's Data)
Roy E. Disney is a figurehead now, and not much of one... Anybody who knows anything about well, anything important recognizes SAVE DISNEY as a failed attempt from a failure of a man. Even worse, much moreso than Eisner, Roy E. has done his best to destroy the Disney Company, with the Comcast takeover bid and his ill-guided SAVE DISNEY campaign. Eisner had been the C.E.O. of a fortune 100 company for over 20 years... That is an impressive and extremely long time to be in such a position of power. His contract was coming up in a year, and he saw the oppurtunity to get out. Even if you believe the fallacy that Roy and Gold did anything to shorten Eisner's lifespan, what good do you think one year would do anybody? And liking Bob Iger and agreeing with him does not mean one also has to dislike Eisner. Steve Jobs is in the board of directors because he is interested in something Disney has to offer... content.. The success of I-Tunes has opened up Jobs eyes to micro-sales, and he sees the Disney canon as a great place to start. Don't fool yourself, he's not in it for the fantasy, he wants to get paid.

Respected business journals rate Micheal Eisner as one of the worst CEO's in history. I will take their word over yours thank you.

It is Eisner who is the failure of the man not Roy Disney who has proven time and time again taht he has the real power (lets not forget he got Ron Miller thrown out of the company). In case you didnt know it was Roy Disney who convinced Comcast to make a bid for Disney because he knew the mutual funds and large organizations with stakes in Disney would want Eisner to go for it and when Eisner rejected it (which Roy knew he would) it made him look worse in the eyes of the money hungry shareholders. The whole thing was a game Roy Disney played his cards right and played Eisner and the corrupt board of directors like puppets.

Fact is the good guys still won and the theme parks can finally recover from the dark ages.

Legacy

Ghostbuster626 said:
Respected business journals rate Micheal Eisner as one of the worst CEO's in history. I will take their word over yours thank you.

It is Eisner who is the failure of the man not Roy Disney who has proven time and time again taht he has the real power (lets not forget he got Ron Miller thrown out of the company). In case you didnt know it was Roy Disney who convinced Comcast to make a bid for Disney because he knew the mutual funds and large organizations with stakes in Disney would want Eisner to go for it and when Eisner rejected it it made him look worse in the eyes of the money hungry shareholders. The whole thing was a game Roy Disney played his cards right and played Eisner and the corrupt board of directors like puppets.
Do you honestly believe that a Comcast buyout with have been good for Disney?

Really? If that's what you think than I think someone should smack you... hard.

Enderikari

Ghostbuster626 said:

Name one. Simple, easy request... Put your money where your mouth is... name just one...

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
Connor002 said:
Which ones, and please cite.

Here is my personal favorite from Forbes:

http://www.forbes.com/executivepay/2004/04/22/cx_el_0422ceoworstintro.html

That is the "just one" you asked for. Here are some supplements to enjoy with the meal:

http://www.forbes.com/2001/04/26/eisner.html

^ read the bottom of that one.

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/75/ceo.html

"Let's start the discussion with Micheal Eisner, the onetime wunderkind who saved the Walt Disney Co. in the 1980s and has more recently been trying- AND FAILING - to recapture the pixie dust of those glory days."

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/05_02/b3915647.htm

Which includes the quote "The head mouseketeer will be leaving the stage without much applause."

CaliSurfer182

Ghostbuster626 said:
Disney stock went down under his leadership after the death of Frank Wells.

Except in 1999 and 2000 (almost 6 years after Mr. Wells passing) when it hit almost $50.00, which by the way is almost double what it is now.

Enderikari

Fast Company? Is that one? Never heard of it...

And no using Business Week or Forbes either...

Eisner hit their lists in 2004 only, and that's only because the spotlight was put on him by that turncoat Roy. You said in history pal, let's see you back it up

Enderikari

Ghostbuster626 said:

Doesn't count, article says that Eisner is wealthy, which makes sense... His contract with Disney stipulated that his salary be fairly small, especially in regards to a Fortune 100 CEO, but he get paid primarily in stock options... Seemed like that was a good financial decision, except for the morons who don't realize that's how he was getting paid who would then chastise him for selling stock.

How's that google search coming along... Can't guess you're a big reader, eh?

EDIT - Anyone else notice I was already done refuting him before he posted the list?
Further EDIT - Good night and good luck everybody.. Much as I would like to continue this discussion tomorrow has already come, and I should have been in bed hours ago.

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
Enderikari said:
Fast Company? Is that one? Never heard of it...

And no using Business Week or Forbes either...

Eisner hit their lists in 2004 only, and that's only because the spotlight was put on him by that turncoat Roy. You said in history pal, let's see you back it up

Playing word games isnt going to make you right. The general public and businesspeople everywhere will remember Eisner as one of the worst performing CEOs in history it doesnt matter what you or I say in the matter. Its like Micheal Jackson, he will be remembered as a wacko regardless if he ever commited his alleged crimes or not. Its the same deal with Eisner.

EDIT: you might also want to go back and read what Imagineer Boy said about Stich's Great Escape, I will take his word over yours thank you.

CaliSurfer182

Ghostbuster626 said:
Playing word games isnt going to make you right. The general public and businesspeople everywhere will remember Eisner as one of the worst performing CEOs in history it doesnt matter what you or I say in the matter. Its like Micheal Jackson, he will be remembered as a wacko regardless if he ever commited his alleged crimes or not. Its the same deal with Eisner.

Except when a "normal" business-person (or the general public for that matter) judges somebody's performance they gauge the whole history of that performance. Not just the last little bit or even the last quarter of it. Try reviewing Mr. Eisner's whole perfomance instead of your recent dislikes.
I mean he was the CEO of TWDC for over 20 years.....if your earlier post was true then that equals your whole life. What accomplishments can you share from your professional life to rival that?

Legacy

Ghostbuster626 said:
Actually... Eisner will be remembered as the one who created the Disney Decade. I can garantee that the average guest doesn't know who Frank Wells is. The average guest will think of Micheal Eisner as "the guy who was on TV". Eisner was there for the opening of DisneySea. Eisner was there for the opening of Animal Kingdom. Eisner was there for the original partnership with Pixar. Eisner was there for the debut of Lost and Desperate Housewives. Eisner was there for the opening of Splash Mountain, Soarin', Tower of Terror, MGM, Rockin' Roller Coaster, Mission: Space, Test Track, LMAX, Alien Encounter, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, etc. THOSE are what Micheal Eisner is going to be remembered for. Roy's greatest accolade was being called an "idiot nephew" by Walt himself. No matter what Roy Jr. tries to do he will always be considered that. Roy tried to finangle a buy-out, and the Walt Disney Corporation is the third largest in the world (and I am dumbfounded at how you think that would have been a good thing). All Roy is is a sheister figure-head... trying to be more important that he really is. The only reason he was even on the board was because his name ended with Disney. You have provided NO facts in regards to your argument except what happened in the last two years. Eisner had one of the longest tenures as an CEO in corporate history, and you honestly believe that two years is going to mar that forever?

Eisner put Disney where it was ten year's ago. Wells, as unfortunate as it is, is long forgotten from the company and will be a fading shadow. Eisner will get the glory. Boy Roy won't.

And remember... Micheal Jackson is still loved everywhere else in the world.

Find 1 article written before June 2003 saying Eisner is a terrible CEO and we will talk. Until then all your doing is spouting the same propaganda Roy tried.

Legacy

Ghostbuster626 said:

EDIT: you might also want to go back and read what Imagineer Boy said about Stich's Great Escape, I will take his word over yours thank you.
Because it sides with your argument? Now do it with Soarin'.

Enderikari

Ghostbuster626 said:

Only because it is another non-fact based opinion that furthers your argument. Don't take his screenname to mean that he is actually an Imagineer...

wannab@dis

Enderikari said:
Only because it is another non-fact based opinion that furthers your argument. Don't take his screenname to mean that he is actually an Imagineer...
LOL

Exactly, because he's another teenager who has problems forming his own opinions also. He's been spoonfed by other misinformed people.

In fact, ghostbuster, maybe you should get to know imagineer boy. I'm sure the two of you could try to bring back the troops. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom