What old rumored projects do you want to see John Lasseter reevaluate?

Tim G

Ghostbuster626 said:
So does Oswald the lucky rabbit :lookaroun

(and before you jump down my throat im just kidding :dazzle: )
And I must admit, in this case... (hate to do this) in this case.... I have to say you're right!

Pongo

Ghostbuster626 said:
how about you get a life?

And you wonder why people don't take you seriously?

Not that your argument wasn't already killed, but dude, you're beating your own dead horse.

CaliSurfer182

Pongo said:
And you wonder why people don't take you seriously?

Not that your argument wasn't already killed, but dude, you're beating your own dead horse.

How can you take someone serious when there daily routine includes coming into the office covered in ectoplasm.

yensidtlaw1969

CaliSurfer182 said:
How can you take someone serious when there daily routine includes coming into the office covered in ectoplasm.
Interesting point . . .

Yensid "How can you take someone serious when their daily routine includes surfing California waves and sitting on the beach all day :slurp: " tlaw1969

speck76

Ghostbuster626 said:
What concepts from Imagineering that never got built do you want John Lasseter & co. to take a look at? Im personally hoping they take a second look at:

Tommorowland 2055
Star Tours 2
Western River Expedition
Beastly Kingdom
Fire Mountain
Villian/Bald Mountain
Discovery Bay
Great Muppets movie ride
MYST Island

Why is everyone always focused on the ideas of the past......DUMBEST IDEA EVER!!!!

AEfx

speck76 said:
Why is everyone always focused on the ideas of the past......DUMBEST IDEA EVER!!!!
Ah, speck, nice to see your pleasant, amiable attitude and courteous treatment of fellow board members still shines through... :lookaroun

When the idea was formed is irrelevant. The attractions were never built, and the vast majority (99+++%) of the public has never even been exposed to the ideas in the first place making these concepts "new to them".

The age of a concept has no bearing on it's potential value to visitors of WDW. This isn't about bringing anything back (say, like a YesteryearLand fantasy), simply a discussion about rides that were never built people would still like to see come to fruition.

An idea is timeless, it's the manifestation that isn't. Most of the items in that list were original, exciting concepts - or we wouldn't still be talking about them like familiar old friends. Done today, most of them could be wonderful immersive experiences and not dated in the least; nothing "dumb" about it.

AEfx

BigNorm

I'd like to see Lasseter revive the Great Muppet Movie Ride and Western River Expedition. I think it would be a great tribute to Marc Davis if WRE finally got built.

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
speck76 said:

Your right it was so stupid for Micheal Eisner & Frank Wells to reevaluate some WDI projects and greenlight two never built ride concepts (Splash Mountain and Star Tours) among other things.

jedimaster1227

disneylands said:
what is tomorrowland 2055?

A new version of Tomorrowland that would make it less 80's-ish. Disney wanted to make Tomorrowland to last forever. Disney tried this at Disneyland and it actually went horribly wrong, so they cancelled us getting our own version of Tomorrowland 2055. I personally think that this was a good move, because the whole point of Tomorrowland is to see what people thought our future would be like when looking at it in the 80's.

S.E.A.

what I want him to bring back to life would be Beastlie kingdomme, Western River Expedition, Geyser Mountain, Fire Mountain, Bald Mountain, Star Tours 2, The Great Muppet Movie Ride, and the forgotten World Showcase countries. Tomorowland 2055 wouldn't hurt to...

Maybe I'm an optimistic realist. but I love Disney, for what it is. All the classics and the advancements. I was there when WDW opened, it has since became a major part of my life. I've watched it's birth, it's growth, it's stubbling but recovering with grace and magic. I'm always amazed how it has grown and prospered with its magic held high. I never see any faults only the magic. I love the classic's, the new imageering, I even love it's mistakes along the way, it's all part of the magic that makes me feel welcome when I am there and what makes me miss it immensely when I'm away. My point, Disney is what is, either you love it or you don't, you accept it as it is or you don't. Either you embrace Disney as ideas, hopes, memories and dreams not only through the imagineers but through your own eyes and those of your children. The classic's must remain, for each person's first visit it isn't a classic but a first time magical experience, just as each of us experienced as children. :)

I

I,Walt

Well said

speck76 said:
Hopefuly A new and old idea EPCOT Mountain Range, Canada and Japan and Swizerland.

Legacy

wishiwzthere said:
Maybe I'm an optimistic realist. but I love Disney, for what it is. All the classics and the advancements. I was there when WDW opened, it has since became a major part of my life. I've watched it's birth, it's growth, it's stubbling but recovering with grace and magic. I'm always amazed how it has grown and prospered with its magic held high. I never see any faults only the magic. I love the classic's, the new imageering, I even love it's mistakes along the way, it's all part of the magic that makes me feel welcome when I am there and what makes me miss it immensely when I'm away. My point, Disney is what is, either you love it or you don't, you accept it as it is or you don't. Either you embrace Disney as ideas, hopes, memories and dreams not only through the imagineers but through your own eyes and those of your children. The classic's must remain, for each person's first visit it isn't a classic but a first time magical experience, just as each of us experienced as children. :)
That is the problem with a lot of Disney fans.

You cannot call yourself a realist of any sort and then claim that you ignore faults. Faults are reality... pointing them out is being a realist. An optimistic realist would say, "Disney is a really good theme-park. It's not perfect... but it's well done." A pessimistic realist would say, "The flaws really bring everything down." A close-minded optimist would say, "Disney is perfect! Nothing can ever be wrong!" A close-mind pessimist would say, "Disney is a waste of time... I refuse to go."

Figure out what category you belong to.

I'm sorry Legacy, for evoking such a angry response from you, I was ony stating my opinion. Yes, I will make a correction, it's not that I never see any faults, I do, but I don't go to Disney searching for fault's. I go to relax and enjoy myself and I do. Yes, from time to time I do see things that may need updating and or general maintenance but I don't see it as a "fault", just general wear and tear that will be corrected. You have only enforced why I was a reader of the forum for year's, I will be more careful in the future as to whether or not to join in any discussion.

Legacy

wishiwzthere said:
I'm sorry Legacy, for evoking such a angry response from you, I was ony stating my opinion. Yes, I will make a correction, it's not that I never see any faults, I do, but I don't go to Disney searching for fault's. I go to relax and enjoy myself and I do. Yes, from time to time I do see things that may need updating and or general maintenance but I don't see it as a "fault", just general wear and tear that will be corrected. You have only enforced why I was a reader of the forum for year's, I will be more careful in the future as to whether or not to join in any discussion.
I apologize if my response seemed angry... it had no intention of being that. I understand you're position but I have been getting frustrated at this pedestal of perfection that Disney is put upon by a lot of Disney fans and they seem to refuse the reality that Disney isn't perfect. Of the four categories, I honestly believe the only one that would go looking for faults is the last one. I count myself as an optimistic realists... I don't look for faults, and when I find them I don't let them ruin my stay. I just strongly disagreed with the idea of considering yourself a realist and then saying you see no faults. I know some people ignore faults, and that's awesome if you do. I can't do it.

EDIT- I need to read the whole post before responding, the last paragraph refers to just the first part.

I'm not asking you to refrain form discussing. I never want anyone to do that. And though I quoted you and used a lot of direct pronouns the post was directed more at the general populace than at you. Like I said, it's just a frustration I have. I can see how I could have rewarded my post, but I still stand by the original idea. Don't stop discussing on account of me. One person talking kinda defeats the point of a discussion forum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom