What old rumored projects do you want to see John Lasseter reevaluate?

yensidtlaw1969

wannab@dis said:
Maybe some of the kids should really stop and look at things. It's time that you grow up and figure out that you don't have a clue about the real world.
I'm not trying to continue argument, but while I realize you were talking to select people, you're generalizing teenagers and kids as a whole, and I don't appreciate it. I'll be the first to tell you right now, many teenagers do think they know everything about the real world when they don't have a clue. The thing is, some teenagers actually know alot more then anyone will ever care to give them credit for. Mind you, this is a small percentage, but some people are fully aware of the world, realize there are times when they are wrong and make bad decisions, and actually learn from them rather than complaining about the world. I'm not saying I'm one of them, but I do know quite a few who are incredibly wise beyond their years, and this is not my normal teenager standards.

To be honest, must teenagers have given teenagers a bad name, and I don't appreciate it.

Yensid "Just had to get that off my chest" tlaw1969

yensidtlaw1969

Ghostbuster626 said:
how about you get a life?
Not to be rude, but I think you just revealed that he is in fact not on your ignore list :wave: .

Yensid "NC to the VV:lookaroun " tlaw1969

EDIT - Please Ignore this post, I made a careless mistake. Sorry Ghostbuster626!

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
yensidtlaw1969 said:
Not to be rude, but I think you just revealed that he is in fact not on your ignore list :wave: .

Yensid "NC to the VV:lookaroun " tlaw1969

I never said he was on my ignore list! :eek:

In fact I would never put someone on my ignore list because I feel everyone has a right to have a say.

yensidtlaw1969

Ghostbuster626 said:
I never said he was on my ignore list! :eek:

In fact I would never put someone on my ignore list because I feel everyone has a right to have a say.
OOps, I'm sorry! I misread the post -- I thought he was quoting you! Mybad!

Yensid "feels like stupidness" tlaw1969

Enderikari

wannab@dis said:
Every person in a management position will have problems. Eisner did have an issue with micro-management and it's been noted many times. But, that style brought good and bad. There's many times that it's been notied where he's made really good calls. He's made bad calls also. But at least he's making some decisions and not sitting around doing nothing. :wave:

Micro-managing... Walking among the animators and telling them to make changes? Giving people directions about certain things in the theme parks, going as far as to tell people what color certain things should be?

Sounds suspiciously like someone else that was important in the company. Who also just about caused a stockholder revolt.

Connor002

Ghostbuster626 said:
well in a way. Did you read that article about how insane a micro-manager he is? He wanted to be there when they picked what color the curtains would be in the disneyland hotel during a renovation and he continually went to Disney animation and would tell the animators to keep changing Chicken little from girl to boy to girl to boy over and over again depending on his whim.

Hm... sounds kind of like another very famous head of the company...

Connor002

wannab@dis said:
Every person in a management position will have problems. Eisner did have an issue with micro-management and it's been noted many times. But, that style brought good and bad. There's many times that it's been notied where he's made really good calls. He's made bad calls also. But at least he's making some decisions and not sitting around doing nothing. :wave:

Personally, I'd rather have someone involved than just sitting back manging others...

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
Connor002 said:
Personally, I'd rather have someone involved than just sitting back manging others...

yea but my point was Eisner didnt know what he was doing. If you arent a creative type your best bet is to back off and let creative people (like John Lasseter) manage the operations. Thats what Iger is doing and I guarentee it will pay off. Thats probably why Pixar has been so sucessful because Steve Jobs has basically taken a hands off approach after putting the best most talent people in charge and letting them run the show.

CaliSurfer182

Ghostbuster626 said:
yea but my point was Eisner didnt know what he was doing. If you arent a creative type your best bet is to back off and let creative people (like John Lasseter) manage the operations.

Let me get this right Mr. Eisner is not a creative type?...........uuummm where have you been for the last couple of decades? Along with your Disney history research you should check into Mr. Eisner's pre-Disney entertainment history.

CaliSurfer182

Enderikari said:
Sounds suspiciously like someone else that was important in the company. Who also just about caused a stockholder revolt.

I am not sure you want to make a comment like that it could be mind-blowing to the present company. :lol: I mean the poster made the comment that being in charge for twenty plus years is wrong and causes a stale environment, but WD and RD were in charge for a lot longer.

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
CaliSurfer182 said:
I am not sure you want to make a comment like that it could be mind-blowing to the present company. :lol: I mean the poster made the comment that being in charge for twenty plus years is wrong and causes a stale environment, but WD and RD were in charge for a lot longer.

You cant compare a goofy businessman to a creative visionary like Walt Disney.

Enderikari

Why... by golly.... I think I just did...

Of course, I was using it as a point to demonstrate your foolishness, and blind hatred of Eisner

CaliSurfer182

Ghostbuster626 said:
You cant compare a goofy businessman to a creative visionary like Walt Disney.

But yet you have been praising Mr. Iger and Mr. Jobs above Mr. Eisner. So I ask you which is Mr. Jobs?.......a creative visionary or a goofy businessman? And which is Mr Iger a creative visionary or a goofy businessman?

Legacy

You know who I blame for all of this?...

Jim Hill. The term "articles" keeps getting thrown around like facts when everything said sounds suspiciously just like Jim Hill.

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
CaliSurfer182 said:
But yet you have been praising Mr. Iger and Mr. Jobs above Mr. Eisner. So I ask you which is Mr. Jobs?.......a creative visionary or a goofy businessman? And which is Mr Iger a creative visionary or a goofy businessman?

Steve Jobs is a visionary. Iger is neither a visionary or a goof...hes a push over.

Enderikari

Ghostbuster626 said:
Steve Jobs is a visionary. Iger is neither a visionary or a goof...hes a push over.

:brick: :brick: :brick: Just the sort of man you want running your company... At least thats one positive thing even ghostbuster has to admit about Eisner.... he was no pushover.

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
Enderikari said:
:brick: :brick: :brick: Just the sort of man you want running your company... At least thats one positive thing even ghostbuster has to admit about Eisner.... he was no pushover.

Well I never said I want Iger running the company. If I was on the board of directors I would have went with Meg Whiteman rather than Eisners pick.

Tim G

Ghostbuster626 said:
21, how about you?
21??? :eek:

So that's why you're talking so much nonsense, you're still a kid... :lookaroun

You just love to argue for sake of arguing... Are you sure you're not some kind of troll... :lookaroun :lookaroun

You're a ghostbuster, and ghostbusters belong in Universal... :lookaroun :) :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom