Should All Nighttime Offerings Be Separate Ticketed Events?

Should All Nighttime Offerings Be Extra Ticketed Events?

• Definitely, YES!

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Not sure right now, but most likely yes!

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • NO. Never!

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Perhaps maybe, but certainly not.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I REFUSE to vote in this poll.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Jon81uk

No, the night-time entertainment is one of the reasons that Disney theme parks are so expensive in the first place. Fireworks are one of many reasons why admission to Six Flags is significantly less costly than admission to DisneyLand/World.

Jon81uk

Using some of the logic in your argument they should return to the "ticket" system for attractions so that the more popular rides aren't so crowded. Poll question: "Should Disney charge $25.00 for each ride on the more popular attractions (I.E. Soarin, Test Track, Midway Mania, Tower of Terror)". Options: "Yes - that would be a great idea" or "Yes - it will probably make some unhappy though".

Yep, if you were to go down the route of spreading crowds out then ticket books are the way forward. Similar to tiers on FastPass....

Also the cost of all the extra CMs to check tickets as to who is eligible to stay for the evening would be too high anyway

copcarguyp71

In a word...No

I already feel I pay a less than congruent amount of money at times to get into the parks. Heck DHS already feels like they should put up a sign at the ticket counter saying "Pay what you feel it is worth". In addition to the fact that I have never nor will I ever pay extra to attend an event. I have always maintained that those who pay for a full day ticket only to be shown the door early are being wronged. The only way I could ever swallow paying extra would be if they charged a lower price for the event to those who already had day passes and then a larger amount to those wanting to come in only for said event.

C) - absolutely not...I am happy with stock prices where they are.

DisneyFans4Life

No way. The shows are great, but they don't last long enough to be called a show. If you wanted to charge for the night time shows, do you start charging to see the street performers at Epcot or DHS? Plus there's no way to police it because you can see fireworks from almost anywhere around MK.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Reaction-pic---Its-a-no-from-me.jpg

danyoung56

Another no vote. Others here have said it better, but having a fireworks show or a bigtime outdoor extravaganza to end the night is an extremely important part of a Disney park day. There's just no way that this should be a separately billed part of a park day.

raven

Some nighttime shows are a few hours before the park closes on late closing nights. How would this possibly work? "Sorry, m'am. You and your family must vacate the park for the next 20 minutes after which you will be allowed to re-enter and enjoy the rest of your day."

On second thought, I wouldn't put it passed Disney for trying this. :rolleyes:

Arthur Wellesley

Original Poster
Some nighttime shows are a few hours before the park closes on late closing nights. How would this possibly work? "Sorry, m'am. You and your family must vacate the park for the next 20 minutes after which you will be allowed to re-enter and enjoy the rest of your day."
Maybe don't evict patrons who choose not to pay the extra price for nighttime shows, as that would certainly appear harsh as you pointed out in that example. Asking people to leave, then return later would create too much of a backlash, and be more hassle for everyone involved than it's worth (not to mention appear sorta embarrassing for those having to temporarily leave park grounds).
A simpler option could be to have enclosed holding areas inside the park where the nighttime fireworks / shows cannot be seen by those guests who do not purchase the extra ticket. Then once the show concludes, allow them back out into the park amongst other patrons to enjoy the remainder of their evening at leisure. Have a certain time scheduled (half-hour prior to any nighttime shows) where they must arrive at the closed-off location to await in holding while the performances run their course. This would avoid having to cut their nights short due to not purchasing the extra admission for the entertainment.

Another idea, since this extra ticketed nighttime proposal isn't as popular as expected, why not offer discounted admission for those who choose to purchase the extra ticket, yet make the viewing of nighttime shows optional despite whether or not they pay the extra $$$? I know that sounds kinda wordy, but here is how it would pretty much work out:

Let's say someone is purchasing a one-day MK ticket for $105. This person does not want to purchase the extra nighttime magic ticket, so he/she just pays the $105 (+tax) and let that be that. Since this guest did not purchase the extra ticket for nighttime entertainment, then it is optional whether or not he/she stays for the fireworks, castle projection show, etc. If they stay and watch the fireworks, no problem. If they leave early and miss the fireworks, no problem. Their day is paid for either way.

But now let's say someone is purchasing a one-day MK ticket who chooses to buy an extra nighttime magic ticket. In this case, their regular admission would be discounted some, say to about $75 approx. They purchase their extra nighttime entertainment ticket along with it, which realistically would cost no more than $30 considering it's not worth something up to caliber of MNSSHP or MVMCP.
So they pay the discounted $75 for their one-day admission, plus the $30 for nighttime entertainment, and voila! they now have their full day & nighttime entertainment ready to go!

Not saying any of these various ideas would work, or are even necessarily good ideas. But just thoughts to throw out there considering Disney's recent success with extra-ticketed events.

epcotisbest

Maybe don't evict patrons who choose not to pay the extra price for nighttime shows, as that would certainly appear harsh as you pointed out in that example. Asking people to leave, then return later would create too much of a backlash, and be more hassle for everyone involved than it's worth (not to mention appear sorta embarrassing for those having to temporarily leave park grounds).
A simpler option could be to have enclosed holding areas inside the park where the nighttime fireworks / shows cannot be seen by those guests who do not purchase the extra ticket. Then once the show concludes, allow them back out into the park amongst other patrons to enjoy the remainder of their evening at leisure. Have a certain time scheduled (half-hour prior to any nighttime shows) where they must arrive at the closed-off location to await in holding while the performances run their course. This would avoid having to cut their nights short due to not purchasing the extra admission for the entertainment.

Another idea, since this extra ticketed nighttime proposal isn't as popular as expected, why not offer discounted admission for those who choose to purchase the extra ticket, yet make the viewing of nighttime shows optional despite whether or not they pay the extra $$$? I know that sounds kinda wordy, but here is how it would pretty much work out:

Let's say someone is purchasing a one-day MK ticket for $105. This person does not want to purchase the extra nighttime magic ticket, so he/she just pays the $105 (+tax) and let that be that. Since this guest did not purchase the extra ticket for nighttime entertainment, then it is optional whether or not he/she stays for the fireworks, castle projection show, etc. If they stay and watch the fireworks, no problem. If they leave early and miss the fireworks, no problem. Their day is paid for either way.

But now let's say someone is purchasing a one-day MK ticket who chooses to buy an extra nighttime magic ticket. In this case, their regular admission would be discounted some, say to about $75 approx. They purchase their extra nighttime entertainment ticket along with it, which realistically would cost no more than $30 considering it's not worth something up to caliber of MNSSHP or MVMCP.
So they pay the discounted $75 for their one-day admission, plus the $30 for nighttime entertainment, and voila! they now have their full day & nighttime entertainment ready to go!

Not saying any of these various ideas would work, or are even necessarily good ideas. But just thoughts to throw out there considering Disney's recent success with extra-ticketed events.

This one has me laughing out loud. Funniest post I have read in a long time.
Imagine this: "Ok kids we have to go inside the enclosed holding area and stand around until the fireworks are over."
"But dad, we want to see the sky."
"No dear, the sky has been reserved for those who have bought tickets to look up."
"Well what about if we stay outside but promise to look down?"

PUSH

I think it's a phenomenal idea. How often has your family's night been ruined by wall-to-wall people who don't use deodorant? By selling tickets, it would alleviate a decent portion of guests, which in turn would allow me to smell a hint of the body odor rather than a full blown aroma.

Another great reason for this idea would be the profits for Disney. The profits used for this would most likely go straight back into the parks, leaving us with new, engaging experiences such as interactive queues and themed bathrooms. I can't tell you how many times I've been strolling through the amazingly themed areas of DisneyParks only to wander into a dreadfully boring restroom. With ticketed nighttime spectaculars, this would allow more money to go towards the theming of bathrooms, making Disney once again the standard of all things American.

I praise your idea, sir. I really hope Disney takes this into consideration.

Lucky

I like that idea. They could even charge $20 to be in a Premium Holding Pen where you get free cookies and Mickey stickers.

danyoung56

...why not offer discounted admission for those who choose to purchase the extra ticket, yet make the viewing of nighttime shows optional despite whether or not they pay the extra $$$?

So a ticket without fireworks would cost $105. A ticket WITH fireworks would cost . . . $105. Hmmm, which one would I pick? And doesn't this eliminate the reason for doing this in the first place, profit?

Nemo14

So a ticket without fireworks would cost $105. A ticket WITH fireworks would cost . . . $105. Hmmm, which one would I pick? And doesn't this eliminate the reason for doing this in the first place, profit?
Wait, Disney making obscene profits? Yeah, like that's going to happen. ever.

morningstar

Too many separate ticket evenings as it is. What if I'm not interested in the show, I just like to ride rides until the wee hours of the morning? I'm not contributing much to overcrowding: late night is a time of generally shorter lines. It's the firework areas that get crowded.

Why not get rid of the general admission tickets while you're at it and go back to ticket books? That would cut down on lines for E tickets. Great solution for anybody who has infinity money and will be able to pay to have all the same experiences they had before, while keeping out the riff-raff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom