Weird things the "general public" say.

the-reason14

I remember when I was a little kid and was so obessed with Disney, that whenever someone in my family would call MK WDW I just had to correct them. Or when I would get upset when other random people would say things that were completely off! But after having grown up, none of what other people say bothers me. If someone calls it fast track or Disney or whatever, I don't care. And I surely wouldn't bother correcting anyone, even if they were to ask me a question about the ride or show because to me it's not a big deal. I sure wish someone would try to 'correct' me when I was talking to people in my party. It's like, you're so caught up in what I'm saying and doing that you're getting your panties all up in a bunch instead of enjoying your vacation yourself? Sad. But I do remember this one girl to her friends on the bus ride home about how some girl was mean to her and didn't like her and how she tried to be her friend countless times. I just shook my head thinking why waste time on someone not worth it? Kids.

jingle7147

I do remember overhearing one guy in line at Everest explain to his group that the Yeti was actually Cain from the Bible. "God cursed him because he killed Abel, so he's a monster now."
Really? ?? I mean, my husband's a pastor so I get the whole hell, fire, and damnation theory, but a monster? Wow. Maybe I need to retake theology 101 'cause I obviously missed something!

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
There is actually a thread of truth to that. The original plans did have an apartment for Walt in the castle. The plans were not changed after his death so the room for the apartment remained, it was just never finished. It housed the phone switchboard for a number of years and was used for storage before being converted in the the Cinderella Suite.

If the first sketch...just the initial concept ...of Cinderella Castle was done in January 1967, weeks after Walt's death, why would there have ever been plans for an apartment for him?

FettFan

Really? ?? I mean, my husband's a pastor so I get the whole hell, fire, and damnation theory, but a monster? Wow. Maybe I need to retake theology 101 'cause I obviously missed something!

Genesis 4: 14-15
Behold, you have driven me today away from the ground, and from your face I shall be hidden. I shall be a fugitive and a wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.” Then the LORD said to him, “Not so! If anyone kills Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.” And the LORD put a mark on Cain, lest any who found him should attack him.

Typically, the mark is thought of as a black spot or wound ala Dead Man's Chest
latest

...but in the mind of my fellow vacationeer, the "mark" was that God decided to turn Cain into a 25' tall man-beast.

To the vacationeer's credit though, the next verse speaks of Cain traveling east of Eden and settling in the land of "Nod". The funny thing is...Nod isn't an actual geographical place. "Nod" is actually a Hebrew noun that can mean either "fugitive" or "exile".

Given that Eden was said to be between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, in modern Iraq....and Cain settled somewhere East of there in exile...well, if he traveled long enough, he'd definitely be in in Himalayas.

Arthur Wellesley

Behold, you have driven me today away from the ground, and from your face I shall be hidden. I shall be a fugitive and a wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.” Then the LORD said to him, “Not so! If anyone kills Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.” And the LORD put a mark on Cain, lest any who found him should attack him.

latest

...but in the mind of my fellow vacationeer, the "mark" was that God decided to turn Cain into a 25' tall man-beast.

To the vacationeer's credit though, the next verse speaks of Cain traveling east of Eden and settling in the land of "Nod". The funny thing is...Nod isn't an actual geographical place. "Nod" is actually a Hebrew noun that can mean either "fugitive" or "exile".

Given that Eden was said to be between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, in modern Iraq....and Cain settled somewhere East of there in exile...well, if he traveled long enough, he'd definitely be in in Himalayas.

DisneyJunkie

It's probably been said to death, but it's like nails on a chalkboard to hear someone (in one of the parks) say they're done with Epcot, they're going over to Disney World now (meaning Magic Kingdom).

disneyca

A few years ago on the bus ride back to our resort, I overheard a young woman tell the man she was with,that Disneyland was built after WDW and that it was in San Diego.

englanddg

One Little Spark...

latest

It actually, I believe, is more of a Mormon thing. It stems from an early sighting of "Cain" which was described as "Bigfoot". The extension of this belief is that the limited sightings all over the world are of actually ONE creature, that being Cain, roaming the world in exile.

Dwarful

Well, I said a doozy that has since stuck with my family. We were on vacation with our girls and our niece who was similar in age.....after a long day the two oldest girls were going to get ice cream with my husband (one daughter, one niece) while our youngest and I waited at a table. I very loudly told the girls "Stay with Uncle Daddy"...I got more than a few odd looks. So now every time we go to Disney all of the girls call my husband "Uncle Daddy" on our MK day.

Overheard at Magic Kingdom while getting on the People Mover.....'this ride will take us to the entrance of Epcot and then we ride a bus to the countries'.

GrammieBee

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance stems from a lack of knowledge, which can be corrected if the person is willing. Ignorance is more easily forgivin.
Stupidity, on the other hand, is when a person is oblivious and is just plain not using what God gave them for thinking. They have trouble seeing what is right in front of their nose, repeat whatever they hear as the Gospel truth and have little common sense.
Either the ignorant or the stupid can come up with some incredible, often hilarious, misinformation. Take pity on the ignorant, roll your eyes at the stupid, take it all in stride and enjoy your time at the parks.

Goofyernmost

latest

Must have been hell just trying to find a McDonald's back then! Since he was one of the first, alleged humans, on the planet, it also must have been difficult to find a Holiday Inn.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom