Weird things the "general public" say.

Nick Wilde

I know someone who has been on Space Mountain many times who believes that you can get your hands cut off. I even rode in front of him the whole time with my hands up. But he said it's because I'm short, (which is true) and still believes it's possible.

FettFan

Well, I said a doozy that has since stuck with my family. We were on vacation with our girls and our niece who was similar in age.....after a long day the two oldest girls were going to get ice cream with my husband (one daughter, one niece) while our youngest and I waited at a table. I very loudly told the girls "Stay with Uncle Daddy"...I got more than a few odd looks. So now every time we go to Disney all of the girls call my husband "Uncle Daddy" on our MK day.

:D

Blackburn23

My fave was when I heard a guy in the line for Splash Mountain tell the other people in his group, "This ride is awesome! There's the big drop we saw outside and it goes upside down!" I hoped he was kidding, but I really doubt it, from his expression.
That is fantastic!

Foltzy

image.jpg
Thought I'd add this

NYwdwfan

My daughter is scared of drops. Every trip I tell her they added drops to Gran Fiesta Tour - just as the boat is passing by the restaurant and she can't see what's ahead. Every trip she freaks out. It never gets old. Occasionally there will be people in front of us that will turn around all scared. That never gets old either.

PoorSkippy

If the first sketch...just the initial concept ...of Cinderella Castle was done in January 1967, weeks after Walt's death, why would there have ever been plans for an apartment for him?

I thought it was for his family to use, which might explain that. I could be wrong, though.

Goofyernmost

I thought it was for his family to use, which might explain that. I could be wrong, though.
If any amount of the story is correct, it would be that part. According to sources actual construction didn't start on the property until April 1969. That would have given everyone time to alter whatever plans that they had, but it is possible that they originally did plan on that being a place for Walt to live if he so chose too. However, there would have been no reason to redo the plans for a space that was never intended for public examination anyway. However, the castle was never built with the idea that Walt would live there since he had been dead for 3 years already, for the family, maybe, but they never finished it off, so I'd say they had abandoned that plan as well.

ItlngrlBella

Deja vu because I think there was a thread on here for this topic and I had posted the same response before but it's too good not to repost:

It was pouring rain so we headed to The Land and stood in line for Soarin'

Family with Eastern European accents next to us (the father) asks, "Do they fly glider in rain?"

Me: ((shaking my head up and down and smiling)). "Yes. Yes they do."

Last edited:

Launchpad McQuack

This isn't funny as in "haha, he's so stupid" but funny as "poor guy, didn't know any better"...

My brother got married at WDW back in 2008. He has a couple of friends who had never been to WDW before, so they wanted to spend one day at a park, and they asked him which one to go to. Knowing them and their interests, he told them DHS (ToT, RnRC, Star Tours, Indiana Jones, Muppets, beer available... pretty much what guys in their late 20s/early 30s may be more interested in if they had never been to WDW). They rode Tower of Terror, and somehow, the one friend didn't pick up on the screaming and open elevator doors when he walked up to it. He thought it was more like a "haunted house" ride like the Haunted Mansion. When the doors opened and the elevator dropped, he was in for a shock and was not happy about it. Apparently it scared him half to death and he was pretty much done with rides for the day after that.

ChesterKiwi

Deja vu because I think there was a thread on here for this topic and I had posted the same response before but it's too good not to repost:

It was pouring rain so we headed to The Land and stood in line for Soarin'

Family with with Eastern European accents next to us: "Do they fly glider in rain?"

Me: ((shaking my head up and down smiling)). "Yes. Yes they do."
I distinctly remember that story, and I don't post around that much, so I'll take a shot and say it was the "We're going to get a Test Track for Soarin'" thread. But I digress.

I once stood in line for Jungle Cruise and heard someone ask where the trucks were that took you to see the lions, and if they filled the track with water.

o_O

I want to believe with all my heart they were joking.

betty rose

I know someone who has been on Space Mountain many times who believes that you can get your hands cut off. I even rode in front of him the whole time with my hands up. But he said it's because I'm short, (which is true) and still believes it's possible.
Now, that's funny I almost peed my pants...even though I'm old I can usually control myself (depends), (pun, intended).:D:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom