Weird things the "general public" say.

BryceM

Original Poster
I'm sure this has been discussed on here before, but as you're walking around the parks, you're bound to hear someone say something outrageously strange...

A few I've heard:

1. "Don't stick your hands up on Space Mountain, they'll get chopped off!!!"

2. "Expedition Everest goes upside down 3 times in the mountain!"

3. "Space Mountain has chopped people's heads off before!

Have you ever overheard someone say something so weird, it made you shake your head or turn around in shock to see who had said it?

Rasvar

Walt Disney rode every ride in the Magic Kingdom. (Yes, I heard that one)

The Swan Boats are now in Lake Eola.

Pirates use to have two drops but they took one out.

There are prison cells for shoplifters underground (I think that was a parent trying to scare a kid trying to stick candy in a pocket)

There is an apartment for Walt in the Castle. (Long before the suite was built)

And my favorite: If you don't start behaving, we will turn you in at City Hall and they will place you in It's a Small World. (My parents to me as a kid ;) )

DisneyDebNJ

When some Mook is at a disney hotel and say that they are going to Disney World today and they walk to the Magic Kingdom bus station.......I'll let you figure this one out...*Smacks Head*
This ^^^^ I cant count how many times Ive heard people scold children on the monorail saying "If you don't behave, we won't go to Disney World!! I'll make the man turn this monorail around!!!" .... As I whisper to myself, seriously?!?!?!

DisneyDebNJ

Walt Disney rode every ride in the Magic Kingdom. (Yes, I heard that one)

The Swan Boats are now in Lake Eola.

Pirates use to have two drops but they took one out.

There are prison cells for shoplifters underground (I think that was a parent trying to scare a kid trying to stick candy in a pocket)

There is an apartment for Walt in the Castle. (Long before the suite was built)

And my favorite: If you don't start behaving, we will turn you in at City Hall and they will place you in It's a Small World. (My parents to me as a kid ;) )
LOL!! Hey I was actually threatened with Disney *jail* when I was 10 in Anaheim, because I refused to eat broccoli!!

luv

The stuff I hear most often that I know will lead to headaches later is using the park hopper to go to Uni and trying to decide which park they'll go to that night for EMH. Only once did I pipe up. A woman kept arguing with her husband about using their WDW tickets at Uni...and she was right. We were all waiting for the parade. When he went to get ice cream, I told her she was right. But I usually keep my big mouth shut.

When I hear "Happiest place on Earth", "Fast Track" or "Cinderella's castle" I do immediate mental corrections. :)

MattC

My fave was when I heard a guy in the line for Splash Mountain tell the other people in his group, "This ride is awesome! There's the big drop we saw outside and it goes upside down!" I hoped he was kidding, but I really doubt it, from his expression.

Good thing they put in those lap bars!

You guys have probably heard this because I have several times. Entering the library on ToT when the lights go out someone says, "Do we fall now!?!?"

stlbobby

I actually don't mind hearing these kinds of things. I know I have way more interest than the casual person and I don't hold it against them or lord it over them. Often times I use it as a point of discussion to explain a little bit about WDW and why I love it and why it is so much more than, "just a theme park." This can often lead to greater interest on their part or they at least enjoy my enthusiasm for a moment. Maybe one more person will get caught in the magic.

I bet many of those people that don't know the difference between the Magic Kingdom and Disney World know more than anyone on here about football, or D&D, or astronomy, or politics, or economics, or dogs, or backpacking, or street racing or banjo music. But I hope when a WDW fan doesn't know what a spread formation is, can't find Orion's belt, or can't execute a proper rest step, that someone who does know those things doesn't role their eyes and treat them like a two-year-old, but rather takes a moment to nicely share some knowledge.

In line for Mission Space (orange side) an older couple in front of me turns and says..."so what kind of ride is this?". My mouth dropped open and I asked if they had watched any of the 'warning' videos....no, they were 'busy talking' and thought it was a space show.

When I realized they weren't joking I got the attention of the nearest CM and they got out before takeoff.

stlbobby

Good thing they put in those lap bars!

You guys have probably heard this because I have several times. Entering the library on ToT when the lights go out someone says, "Do we fall now!?!?"

I was freaked out the first time I rode ToT. I really thought we might drop in the library. Intellectually I knew it was ridiculous, but part of me was seriously debating it. It didn't help that the early promos for the ride showed people standing in an elevator dropping.

BryceM

Original Poster
In line for Mission Space (orange side) an older couple in front of me turns and says..."so what kind of ride is this?". My mouth dropped open and I asked if they had watched any of the 'warning' videos....no, they were 'busy talking' and thought it was a space show.

When I realized they weren't joking I got the attention of the nearest CM and they got out before takeoff.
I always get worried when a see an elderly person going on an extreme ride... Good job for telling a CM!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom