Weird things the "general public" say.

Doodlyday

I remember one time I was on the TTA, and as I was exiting SM, I saw a girl on a tram coming into SM, and once she saw the sign, she shouted back, "IS IT SCARY?" She though the TTA was taking her on Space. I found that pretty funny. :D

sophie_the_pooh

A colleague of mine asked me for advice since she's starting to plan a WDW vacation, and kept referring to Universal as part of WDW. I kept correcting her, but she kept going, until I said for about the third time :" Disney won't help you plan a Universal vacation, they're competition, different companies!". I think next time I'll just "let it go"... Sorry, had to say it!!!;)

Weather_Lady

Some of the doozies I've overheard:

"You can't get Fastpasses unless you stay in a deluxe resort."
"Dozens of people have died on Mission:Space."
"Downtown Disney is another name for Main Street USA."

And from my own children (can't blame them -- Disney set them up for this one):
The kids: I don't understand. We spent all that time [on Test Track] designing cars, and then they sent out the wrong ones for us to ride in! They didn't look anything like our cars!
Me: The cars we designed are just pretend cars. They don't manufacture them for us to physically ride in. They just compete virtually against the car we were riding in.
The kids: That's lame. What's the point of that?
Me: Exactly.

Weather_Lady

I dunno, the kids I rode with dug the heck out of their virtual cars. They got the point of them being imaginary.

I wish those little Einsteins all the best.

My son and daughter were barely 6 and 8 at the time and had never been on Test Track before, nor had I fulfilled my parental duty to explain to them what was supposed to be happening (not that I knew much more than they, not having been on it post-refub myself). No gold stars for our foreheads, I guess, but I thought the point was to list "weird" things people said, not well-informed, typical, perfectly reasonable things... :rolleyes::cool:

Boardwalker

I heard a Brazillian tour group member say this one time

"Man! That Dinosaur ride is soooo Drunkytown!"

And I don't even speak Portuguese. Rock on Brazilian tour group member, rock on.

EmmieSue

Here is a conversation my sister had with the girl interviewing her the other day...

Interviewer: Where are you going on vacation?
Sis: Florida.
I:Where in florida?
S: Disney.
I:Actual disney?
S:Um, yeah...
I: Disney the city or Mickey Mouse Disney...
S: Um, Mickey Mouse...

What??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom