Trip Report Finally back home. That is my WDW home.

Magical greetings, my fellow Disney freaks!
Some of you will have followed my countdown and now the counting down is about to become a reality.
Where else does anyone understand our passion for all things Disney other than here on this site?
My friends are starting to understand that Disney is part of my life. I don't know what's happening most of the time in the real world but in the Disney world I know what's happening daily!
I am going to attempt live (well daily reports) throughout our stay using Disney wi fi either at the end or beginning of the day - well that's the plan but if it gets too much I may need to pick up on my return but I will let you know.

I am a PA for work so I do need to be organised but I feel a bit over planned for this trip in terms of fast pass etc. I just hope it hasn't affected queue times too much in the parks but will feed back my thought. At the moment I have embraced it. Whilst it was in use last year the old fast pass ticket machines were still there.

I will be in Disney every one of our vacation days. In some cases hours rather than days. So we will see who makes it through to the end with me!
I have lived through others trip reports and thought I would return the favour to those feeling the Disney blues. - welcome aboard.
I hope I can inspire some of you (lurkers) to join to comment like Nicole @prfctlyximprct did to me! I got so into her report that most of my friends know about her and Chris asked when she was coming to stay! (And she's just got back from another trip) so especially for you Nicole I hope this helps you with those Disney blues.

HouCuseChickie

I am soooooo having ice cream in that kitchen sink this weekend as I have Disney blues.

I agree re the trip reporting it was great having others along live but I think I hadn't quite realised how much time was needed to do it.

It was a nice long trip but it is my only one for the year so I have to make the most if it. I see you have another trip already organised!

With the exception of the TRs that are general observations or key points, they all tend to be a bit time consuming in their own ways. Obviously, a live report requires you to be posting while there. Posting in depth after the fact either requires you to take a number of notes, lots of pics, or a little of both. I've clearly opted to try and remember every detail through photographs. At least each little pic is kind of souvenir-esque. I guess that's why Photopass/Memory Maker are so lucrative for Disney.

Not quite planned out just yet...but I have 2 ideas for the next year and a half :)

prfctlyximprct

Thank you so much for sharing with us! I am crying along with you that your trip is over! Thankfully you have next year to look forward too! I swear each time I go to Disney it just becomes more of an addiction and I am never ever satisfied. I am so happy to have friends on these forums who feel my pain! Now can I come... Haha!

Longers

Original Poster
Thank you so much for sharing with us! I am crying along with you that your trip is over! Thankfully you have next year to look forward too! I swear each time I go to Disney it just becomes more of an addiction and I am never ever satisfied. I am so happy to have friends on these forums who feel my pain! Now can I come... Haha!

Thank you. It was great to share it, and I don't think for a first one it turned out too bad.
They say it all started with a mouse - well my trip reporting started with Nicole! Ha ha....... So of course you can come.
Shortly I am having a Mickey kitchen sink ice cream - hand made of course and I am sure it won't taste like it did in the Magic Kingdom but it's the next best thing....... Even though it's dark and cold outside!
I just want to go back!

Longers

Original Poster
Ok so mot the same thing as being in the park but I have just had ice cream in my Mickey pants kitchen sink :)
Happy memories of my time in Disney.

image.jpg

prfctlyximprct

Thank you. It was great to share it, and I don't think for a first one it turned out too bad.
They say it all started with a mouse - well my trip reporting started with Nicole! Ha ha....... So of course you can come.
Shortly I am having a Mickey kitchen sink ice cream - hand made of course and I am sure it won't taste like it did in the Magic Kingdom but it's the next best thing....... Even though it's dark and cold outside!
I just want to go back!

You are too sweet! I'm glad I got to share my magical memories with you and you in turn shared yours!! It's nice to be transported by trip reports and I'm so glad you joined these forums!! I love my disney friends :)

melmel89

Thank you - we may not be able to visit as regular as our US friends but it makes our trips even more special.
I was saying that to my fiancé just a minute ago how eerie! we were wondering if we would get as excited if we were able to go more than once a year. I know counting down gets us through the winter months!

TB4244

We kept our Mickey shorts too, they're currently sitting next to the christmas tree filled with peppermint candy canes. We were thinking of making it a planter, but sweeties seemed a better idea.

mrdrift

The added pictures are really good. The one with Harry Potter and the sun in the trees is spectacular. Can't get enough of the kitchen sink ice cream, I can't wait to go back and get one myself.

Longers

Original Poster
We kept our Mickey shorts too, they're currently sitting next to the christmas tree filled with peppermint candy canes. We were thinking of making it a planter, but sweeties seemed a better idea.

Hiya, hope you are ok. Great idea. I am going to continue to have ice cream in it for a few weeks then I might use it for sweets.

The added pictures are really good. The one with Harry Potter and the sun in the trees is spectacular. Can't get enough of the kitchen sink ice cream, I can't wait to go back and get one myself.
l

Thank you for your comments about the photos. We only have a point and shoot so think we were just lucky with how a few of them turned out.
You MUST get a Mickey kitchen sink - it should be on everyone's "must do" list. I know it is just ice cream , sauce and squirty cream but it's just the whole experience of having one. Make sure you tag me in the photo of you with yours! :)

Last edited:

TB4244

Hiya, hope you are ok. Great idea. I am going to continue to have ice cream in it for a few weeks then I might use it for sweets.
I'm ok ta, missing WDW and POR of course and less than thrilled to be back at work but hey it's nearly Christmas! How are you?
I know the Mickey shorts is just a plastic bowl but we do love ours and we're so glad we got one. I agree about the experience (we got ours at Beaches & Cream) and its a cute keepsake.

Longers

Original Poster
I'm ok ta, missing WDW and POR of course and less than thrilled to be back at work but hey it's nearly Christmas! How are you?
I know the Mickey shorts is just a plastic bowl but we do love ours and we're so glad we got one. I agree about the experience (we got ours at Beaches & Cream) and its a cute keepsake.

All ok,
same as you miss our home -
and only been back at work 5 days but it feels like forever.
Been trying to pull together all the video though so that has kept me busy. We both had a laugh last night at some of it but I have quite a bit so it's taken longer than I thought to pull together and at the moment I can't seem to upload so might try next weekend one last time.
And like you I love my plastic bowl and I don't think it will end up in a cupboard anytime soon!

Lyear

I just finished your trip report and loved it. I hesitate to comment now because I'm sure you're right in the middle of the post Disney blues, but felt I had to let you know it was awesome. Lately things have been so busy that I've been starting reading trip reports, and then not finishing them until like 1 month after they are finished.

Love the Mickey Sink. I never heard of such a thing until reading your report , but now I want it.

And if everything works out right for us, we might be in WDW at the same time as you this November. Nothing is finalized yet, but we're hoping to take our kids on their first trip this year.

Longers

Original Poster
I just finished your trip report and loved it. I hesitate to comment now because I'm sure you're right in the middle of the post Disney blues, but felt I had to let you know it was awesome. Lately things have been so busy that I've been starting reading trip reports, and then not finishing them until like 1 month after they are finished.

Love the Mickey Sink. I never heard of such a thing until reading your report , but now I want it.

And if everything works out right for us, we might be in WDW at the same time as you this November. Nothing is finalized yet, but we're hoping to take our kids on their first trip this year.
I am glad you took the time to comment and thank you for your kind words about my trip report
You are right I have bad Disney blues currently but others trip reports are helping me through.
And the Mickey sink has been filled a few times with ice cream since we've been home :)
That will be awesome for your kids to have their first trip to Disney - we will look out for you if you end up there at the same time
Thanks again for reading. Happy new year.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Oh, @Longers, I knew that our November trips overlapped (I was there Nov. 6-10) and did keep an eye (and an ear!) out for you, but somehow I didn't catch on that you were doing the JJ5K--I ran it, too! Definitely would have arranged to meet up with you on that chilly early morning had I known you'd be corralling. ;) I'm relieved to see that we weren't in the same corral, if I'd been that close and not seen you I'd be really upset now, instead of only slightly. :)

The costumes were outstanding (yours too!) such a fun time, it was my second runDisney 5K.

Great trip report, fantastic pictures, and nice to know another member of the "ice cream every day on holiday" club!!

Happy New Year to you!

Longers

Original Poster
Oh, @Longers, I knew that our November trips overlapped (I was there Nov. 6-10) and did keep an eye (and an ear!) out for you, but somehow I didn't catch on that you were doing the JJ5K--I ran it, too! Definitely would have arranged to meet up with you on that chilly early morning had I known you'd be corralling. ;) I'm relieved to see that we weren't in the same corral, if I'd been that close and not seen you I'd be really upset now, instead of only slightly. :)

The costumes were outstanding (yours too!) such a fun time, it was my second runDisney 5K.

Great trip report, fantastic pictures, and nice to know another member of the "ice cream every day on holiday" club!!

Happy New Year to you!
Thanks for reading and just to make you feel even better I didn't run the JJ5k this year that was last year so I wasn't there on that chilly morning. We were too late to sign up :( I might try to register for next year

I was looking out for you too but alas I didn't get to meet and WDW Magic members. Maybe next year :)

Thanks for your comments we had a great time and even though it was hard work (more than I thought) I enjoyed sharing it with all my friends on this site. And yey for an ice cream every day (although the ones on the cold days were more of a challenge!)

Happy new year

Doc Disney

Just read your report in one sitting! I enjoyed it so much. I love all the pictures of you and your husband when you are acting silly! I think its so fun when people act like kids in Disney it makes me happy :) I liked the story of you when you were there before MK opened and you were doing parade moves! Its totally something I would do!

Longers

Original Poster
Just read your report in one sitting! I enjoyed it so much. I love all the pictures of you and your husband when you are acting silly! I think its so fun when people act like kids in Disney it makes me happy :) I liked the story of you when you were there before MK opened and you were doing parade moves! Its totally something I would do!
Thank you so much for your kind words and glad you enjoyed reading it. I love Disney with a passion if I could get to America easily and work there I would. My life literally is lived around my Disney holidays and at least once a day something happens where something will remind me of Disney. I tried yoga the other week and they get you to lie on the floor at the end and the lady said now imagine you are looking at the stars in the sky.... When we finished he actually turned around to me and said - you were in Epcot waiting for illuminations weren't you! I was :) I often lie on the floor and look at the stars in the heat when waiting for it to start.

And we did have a lot of fun - we got several comments at Universal whilst on the Knight bus at all our poses from people shouting over the fence. We really do let go when we get to Disney

And Is there anyone that gets into MK early and doesn't dance down the street? I was hoping someone would think I was really good and offer me a job - there's always this year!

Thanks again for reading only 307 days till I get to do it all again - and yes I am counting....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom