Trip Report Finally back home. That is my WDW home.

Magical greetings, my fellow Disney freaks!
Some of you will have followed my countdown and now the counting down is about to become a reality.
Where else does anyone understand our passion for all things Disney other than here on this site?
My friends are starting to understand that Disney is part of my life. I don't know what's happening most of the time in the real world but in the Disney world I know what's happening daily!
I am going to attempt live (well daily reports) throughout our stay using Disney wi fi either at the end or beginning of the day - well that's the plan but if it gets too much I may need to pick up on my return but I will let you know.

I am a PA for work so I do need to be organised but I feel a bit over planned for this trip in terms of fast pass etc. I just hope it hasn't affected queue times too much in the parks but will feed back my thought. At the moment I have embraced it. Whilst it was in use last year the old fast pass ticket machines were still there.

I will be in Disney every one of our vacation days. In some cases hours rather than days. So we will see who makes it through to the end with me!
I have lived through others trip reports and thought I would return the favour to those feeling the Disney blues. - welcome aboard.
I hope I can inspire some of you (lurkers) to join to comment like Nicole @prfctlyximprct did to me! I got so into her report that most of my friends know about her and Chris asked when she was coming to stay! (And she's just got back from another trip) so especially for you Nicole I hope this helps you with those Disney blues.

Just read through your entire report...really enjoyed it. Great pictures. We like to go in November as well and are in the midst of planning a trip for November this year. I, too, love ice cream :) and try to eat as much as I can while on vacation. I have run the JJ5K in the past and really enjoyed that. Hoping to run the Princess half at some point.

Longers

Original Poster
Just read through your entire report...really enjoyed it. Great pictures. We like to go in November as well and are in the midst of planning a trip for November this year. I, too, love ice cream :) and try to eat as much as I can while on vacation. I have run the JJ5K in the past and really enjoyed that. Hoping to run the Princess half at some point.
Glad you liked it - it took ages to write as I was doing it daily but it was also fun to share with others.
And that is the one time I get my ice cream fix for the whole year!
We tried to get registered for the JJ5k this year but it sold out so quick that despite trying on the day the spaces were released we were unable to get registered. Can't wait for this years trip!

Minnesota disney fan

Hello Angelina - ha ha
Glad you liked it. I am working on video of all parks but it's taking so long!
And I think you promised me an ice cream last year! I will be at Riverside from 5th to 20th this year. My brother is joining us on 6th and leaving with us so I will be sharing my favourite place with him and his wife. You should have come to say hi you knew what we looked like from all our pictures. I am deciding whether to do a trip report this year. If I can I might do a video every day and at least then I won't be spending months doing them when I get home!
Hopefully we get to say hi this year :)

Yes, I hope we can see each other too. Looks like we will be there at the same time. Wish we could be there from the 5th! We are leaving on the 20th too,on the earliest bus and flight out of Orlando, probably an 8am flight. I think I did promise you an ice cream, so I'll be looking for you guys too:) Oh, my first name is Ruth, not Angela, don't know where you got that, but oh well! I'll be following this thread and will keep in touch later on closer to the trip date. I love this board, as it keeps me in the Disney mood all year long:)

LisaBelle

I had so much video I just pulled together mainly all bits of us. I have so much video it's mad - but not unexpected with me as even after all these years I can easily take over 1000 photos per trip! I have put together lots of clips from Magic Kingdom rides, parades etc and hope to be able to get that sorted soon.
Hope the running has started?!
I expected to be doing great with running by now, but sadly that has not happened as planned. My mom had emergency surgery in mid April. My dad was so worried about her that he has fallen apart and my sister and I are caring for them. Consequently neither of us is doing much running. We were finally able to bring mom home yesterday so hopefully the training will commence.
Sorry to hear you couldn't get registered for the Jingle. Jungle 5k. I've been worried about that with the Princess 5k. I was planning to ask for advice on registering on the runDisney forums to see if we need to be ready to register at midnight or if it isn't that quick to sell out.
The second video was even better than the first. Thanks for putting all the time and effort into your video project. Both videos were great.

Longers

Original Poster
Yes, I hope we can see each other too. Looks like we will be there at the same time. Wish we could be there from the 5th! We are leaving on the 20th too,on the earliest bus and flight out of Orlando, probably an 8am flight. I think I did promise you an ice cream, so I'll be looking for you guys too:) Oh, my first name is Ruth, not Angela, don't know where you got that, but oh well! I'll be following this thread and will keep in touch later on closer to the trip date. I love this board, as it keeps me in the Disney mood all year long:)
Hi Ruth
Yes keep in touch and look out for us and don't you remember on one of your comments to my report you said you looked like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie? Lol

Longers

Original Poster
I expected to be doing great with running by now, but sadly that has not happened as planned. My mom had emergency surgery in mid April. My dad was so worried about her that he has fallen apart and my sister and I are caring for them. Consequently neither of us is doing much running. We were finally able to bring mom home yesterday so hopefully the training will commence.
Sorry to hear you couldn't get registered for the Jingle. Jungle 5k. I've been worried about that with the Princess 5k. I was planning to ask for advice on registering on the runDisney forums to see if we need to be ready to register at midnight or if it isn't that quick to sell out.
The second video was even better than the first. Thanks for putting all the time and effort into your video project. Both videos were great.
Sorry to hear about your mum but glad you were able to bring her home yesterday - family has to take priority.
We are all disappointed about the JJ5k but I haven't run for about a year now so I would have been starting all over again on a training plan But at least I would have an incentive to do it. Having something booked makes you go out and run. I had seen from these forums that races were selling out quick but honestly that one went fast!
Glad you liked the videos the first is just Chris and I but the second was loads of different clips and brings all the memories back. I can't wait to do it all again! Sending best wishes to your mum for a speedy recovery now she is home.

FlaggNL

Yes I think you come home and we arrive. That's what happened last year but think it was a few weeks that time.

We will be in the World for 11 days, so I guess I will be all forgotten when you arrive :) LOL.... last year it was a few weeks more... so someday in the future we will have a similar stay :) Although in '16 or '17 it will be a May stay because of the SW's :)

Minnesota disney fan

Hi Ruth
Yes keep in touch and look out for us and don't you remember on one of your comments to my report you said you looked like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie? Lol

Duh, you're right! How could I forget:) Yes, we do look like them, but just a "few" years older, hahaha ! If I could figure out how to post a picture here I would put one up, or even as an avatar, but I am not too good with that kind of thing. I'll have to get my daughter or grandkids to help out!

LisaBelle

Sorry to hear about your mum but glad you were able to bring her home yesterday - family has to take priority.
We are all disappointed about the JJ5k but I haven't run for about a year now so I would have been starting all over again on a training plan But at least I would have an incentive to do it. Having something booked makes you go out and run. I had seen from these forums that races were selling out quick but honestly that one went fast!
Glad you liked the videos the first is just Chris and I but the second was loads of different clips and brings all the memories back. I can't wait to do it all again! Sending best wishes to your mum for a speedy recovery now she is home.
Thanks for the wishes for my mom. She is doing so much better! Now I am hoping we can focus on our running. After all the stress we've been under, we need to keep ourselves healthy. These forums have been a great escape for my stressed out brain the last few weeks.

Longers

Original Poster
I've just had the best time reading your TR this morning! Did I spy an Arsenal shirt on your hubby? :D We're going back in December and will be staying at POR. Can't wait!
Ah that's so nice of you to say and glad you enjoyed it. It makes it all worth while writing it when you know others have had enjoyment reading it.
Yes my hubby is an Arsenal fan and is currently watching the FA cup final - but his happy due to the score so far!
We are back again in November. I'm thinking of doing another report with videos but we will see as the time approaches. POR is lovely - it's home to me - I would so live in that resort if I could. Thanks again for reading

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom