Trip Report Finally back home. That is my WDW home.

Magical greetings, my fellow Disney freaks!
Some of you will have followed my countdown and now the counting down is about to become a reality.
Where else does anyone understand our passion for all things Disney other than here on this site?
My friends are starting to understand that Disney is part of my life. I don't know what's happening most of the time in the real world but in the Disney world I know what's happening daily!
I am going to attempt live (well daily reports) throughout our stay using Disney wi fi either at the end or beginning of the day - well that's the plan but if it gets too much I may need to pick up on my return but I will let you know.

I am a PA for work so I do need to be organised but I feel a bit over planned for this trip in terms of fast pass etc. I just hope it hasn't affected queue times too much in the parks but will feed back my thought. At the moment I have embraced it. Whilst it was in use last year the old fast pass ticket machines were still there.

I will be in Disney every one of our vacation days. In some cases hours rather than days. So we will see who makes it through to the end with me!
I have lived through others trip reports and thought I would return the favour to those feeling the Disney blues. - welcome aboard.
I hope I can inspire some of you (lurkers) to join to comment like Nicole @prfctlyximprct did to me! I got so into her report that most of my friends know about her and Chris asked when she was coming to stay! (And she's just got back from another trip) so especially for you Nicole I hope this helps you with those Disney blues.

FlaggNL

Still a great report! Love eveything :) And although you also had some rain, the sunny pictures have almlost a clear blue sky just as ours :)

Longers

Original Poster
Great job...waiting for more...

We still have a few more days to soak up as much pixie dust as possible before we go back to the real world - thanks for following along

Still a great report! Love eveything :) And although you also had some rain, the sunny pictures have almlost a clear blue sky just as ours :)

Thanks for sticking with me. We are meant to have 29 degrees and thunderstorms by 2pm so we will see how things go today.

Reading along too! Trip reports are my only Disney fix this year so I am savoring every one I can!

Thanks for following. My only Disney fix until my next one will be trip reports too so I know how you feel!

FlaggNL

Thanks for sticking with me. We are meant to have 29 degrees and thunderstorms by 2pm so we will see how things go today.

Hej off course we stick with you! You stick with us, so off course return the favor, and it's great to live along woth other ppl in WDW! Hope it still be sunny day today! And no matter the weather, have a magical and fantanstic day! What park has the honour today???

Longers

Original Poster
Hej off course we stick with you! You stick with us, so off course return the favor, and it's great to live along woth other ppl in WDW! Hope it still be sunny day today! And no matter the weather, have a magical and fantanstic day! What park has the honour today???
Thanks :) We are late out today - the original plan was Universal but we went there earlier in the week as 1D are there today and we anticipated big crowds (and we were right as we have been sitting here watching it on TV)
We might go to Blizzard beach or Epcot - I will look out the window shortly and we will go from there. It's now 9am so we are late and need to get going. More later

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We filled the car up with petrol on the way - it's so different buying gas here.
In the UK you fill up and then pay - here you pay first and then the pump stops at that amount.
Just thought I would sure that bit of info.

Guessing how many gallons to put in the car, I am always wrong. The pre-paid practice is not standard across the states but does pop up in high theft areas across the country where pump and flee without paying is prevalent.
In my little Hamlet in N. Illinois, we can pump 'till full and then go inside to pay. Along the highways, large urban areas and touristy places you will find the pre-pay at most filling stations.

Longers

Original Poster
Guessing how many gallons to put in the car, I am always wrong. The pre-paid practice is not standard across the states but does pop up in high theft areas across the country where pump and flee without paying is prevalent.
In my little Hamlet in N. Illinois, we can pump 'till full and then go inside to pay. Along the highways, large urban areas and touristy places you will find the pre-pay at most filling stations.
We filled up with $20 and then had to go back to add another $10 so I know that feeling. We just fill up at home until the pump stops and then go to pay.

FlaggNL

Thanks :) We are late out today - the original plan was Universal but we went there earlier in the week as 1D are there today and we anticipated big crowds (and we were right as we have been sitting here watching it on TV) We might go to Blizzard beach or Epcot - I will look out the window shortly and we will go from there. It's now 9am so we are late and need to get going. More later

Enjoy the day! We didn't do Typhoon and Blizzard, maybe next time!

Longers

Original Poster
Monday 17th November

Oh dear, :eek:

now as most of you who have been following my report know I have been awake early every day,

Today, ... oh no....... :oops: The first time I looked at the time it was 8.18am. Never mind, one blip I can allow and we had a fast pass for TT at 9.50 so it wasn't too bad we would still make it.
We turned on the TV to check out the weather and stumbled on a news channel showing the free concert 1D were doing at Universal (on our original plan this was a Universal day but we changed for earlier this week to avoid the crowds) not that I wouldn't have enjoyed a bit of a 1D sing song but I didn't fancy the crowds.

The weather forecast was 82 degrees and thunderstorms PM, so we needed to get out to get some things done before the rain came.

We went straight to TT and designed our car and were on our way

image.jpg

From here we popped into the shops - I had decided that my 2nd Alex & Ani bracelet would be Ariel. I have been trying to decide between Belle and Ariel since my first bracelet was added to my collection earlier in this holiday.
As I have said previously The little Mermaid is where my love of Disney started but Beauty and the Beast is my favourite film but it's the Beast I am in love with
He has tried to run off with me on a couple of occasions when we have met :) and Belle took him away from me :Mad: so It was going to be an Ariel bracelet

And great news they had one (they didn't have Belle anyway as I asked) so bracelet number 2 added to the collection. :D

Our holiday next year is already booked and we get $200 dollars too so I have already spent some of that money in my head on more bracelets!

We also got this - I LOVE it - I can't wait for my mum to come round when we get home and I will just put her tea in this - can you imagine her face? - actually I can wait as I don't want to go home but I am sure you know what I mean.

This is tooooo cute

image.jpg

From here it was onto SE - Chris has lost some of his head - ha, ha

image.jpg

We took a fairly quickly tour of the countries with one eye on the weather, the sky was getting darker.
We made it all the way round and out of the park and into the car park at POR before big rain drops started falling.

We stopped for food in the food court and watched the rain come down pretty hard.
It eased up so we made a quick run to the car and got back to the room, where I am currently seated updating this report and watching the rain outside

image.jpg

There appears to be a tornado watch in effect now until 8pm this evening so we are currently relaxing and trying to make sure our next few days are planned so we get everything on our wish list done before we leave.

i still want a coke float, Chris now wants a brownie sundae as he missed out yesterday and we still have to have our ice cream for today

More later

disneypearl

I love that you were able to find your Ariel Alex & Ani bracelet. I can't remember what one you got first. I just got a Mickey and Pluto one that I ordered using the Disney Store online. I love it! I am now planning on what one's I will be picking up on my next trip. They are addictive.

Longers

Original Poster
I love that you were able to find your Ariel Alex & Ani bracelet. I can't remember what one you got first. I just got a Mickey and Pluto one that I ordered using the Disney Store online. I love it! I am now planning on what one's I will be picking up on my next trip. They are addictive.

I now have a Tinkerbell one and Ariel. I love them both now and am already planning more purchases! Oh dear......

Zipadeelady

I can't believe you got the Chip tea cup!!! I have been trying to find one on the Disney Online Store but they were always sold out and now I can't even find it on the web site! I was slightly jealous of you for being at Disney now I'm completely jealous about your tea cup. :(

Longers

Original Poster
Monday cont.........

Well we decided that sitting in our room wasn't an option given all this rain and decided to go to The AMC movie theatre at Downtown Disney to watch Big Hero 6 (as in the UK it won't be out till January) we both enjoyed it and may now have to pop to meet the characters when we go to Hollywood Studios tomorrow.

We managed to get Downtown through the showers but did get very wet when we were trying to get back to the car to get home. The puddles around some of the cars were quite deep, in fact the ones by the entrance to the path to our block were un passable so we had to go via a very squidgy grass.........

We have just realised we haven't had our ice cream for the day :rolleyes: we did just look,at each other and say shall we go to the food court to get one, but to be honest we can't be bothered to get wet again. So no ice cream :( but we will try to make up for it tomorrow.

For now we are going to relax and have a bit of an earlier night.
More tomorrow ...................

disneypearl

I now have a Tinkerbell one and Ariel. I love them both now and am already planning more purchases! Oh dear......

Oh, the Tinkerbell one was cute too! Now, do you wear them all at once and layer them or one at a time?

I'm jealous you saw Big Hero 6 on Disney property. I've always wanted to see a Disney movie on property but forget to when there, or there isn't anything I need to see. I guess a rainy day helps makes time for that. Big Hero 6 was a great movie and glad you enjoyed it.

Longers

Original Poster
I can't believe you got the Chip tea cup!!! I have been trying to find one on the Disney Online Store but they were always sold out and now I can't even find it on the web site! I was slightly jealous of you for being at Disney now I'm completely jealous about your tea cup. :(

I am so sorry - I am trying to ease the pain for those who are not here and not make it worse - I know that feeling only too well.
To be honest I think they do sell out quickly even here as we saw it in Epcot the first time we were there and went to buy one last night but they didn't have any left so when we saw it this morning we got one straight away! I am contemplating getting another one now too as I do think it's pretty cool :cool:

Longers

Original Poster
Oh, the Tinkerbell one was cute too! Now, do you wear them all at once and layer them or one at a time?

I'm jealous you saw Big Hero 6 on Disney property. I've always wanted to see a Disney movie on property but forget to when there, or there isn't anything I need to see. I guess a rainy day helps makes time for that. Big Hero 6 was a great movie and glad you enjoyed it.

I am currently layering them (But I do only have 2) but I still have a few more days left. I wouldn't even have looked for them had I not seen lots of people mentioning them on this site - I really like them and it's a great way to have a bangle with princesses on. I know that Pandora bracelets have now taken over here (lots of people are buying them) but they are so much like other jewellery I have. At least with the Alex & Ani they are more like everyday wear for me and Disney will Not be far away when I get home.

And yes it was a good movie
We had talked about going while we were here but we didn't want to use up any park time but like you say a raining day helped and the cinema was pretty empty Which surprised us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom