'A Frozen Holiday Wish' to begin November 5

mm52200

I'll be interested to see if the audio will all be pre recorded like Cinderella's was or if the actors will be live meaning Equity...

yepitsandy

I get - but don't get - all of the gripes that are coming their way.

The movie has brought in over a billion in box office worldwide, top Disney movie, #5 top movie ever worldwide, #19 domestically. This week, in week 47 on the Billboard 200, the soundtrack is at #16... and rising UP the chart again, and has been certified three times platinum with 3 million sales. Those are numbers that, outside of Taylor Swift and Adele, you don't see in the music industry anymore. "Frozen: The Songs," a release of just the singy songs, sits at #24 in its third week charting and is also rising. So far in 2014, the DVD has sold 8 million copies, a good 6 million ahead of #2 ("Catching Fire"), and this is before the sing-along edition is released shortly. Merchandise sales are skyrocketing, and that's as Frozen merch is STARTING to finally heavily appear in non-Disney retail stores. I would bet a large sum that Elsa is the #1 sold costume this year for Halloween, and Anna is right behind her.

If you were Disney, wouldn't YOU be trying to get your most popular thing outside of Mickey into the parks? Make money off of it? The HS stuff was a success. The meet and greet obviously has been in high demand. I think once a movie makes THIS much money, and that's before the insane amount it will make this holiday season, it quits being a "flash in the pan." You might be tired of it, but you're not a three year old who adores it, or who is going to Disney for her very first time. It isn't like it is in all four parks, taking over everything. It has taken over a kinda popular, mostly quirky ride (which, honestly, would have been less popular if it had ANY rides anywhere near it in the World Showcase that wasn't Donald riding a boat). The Christmas party, which has SNOW because it is Christmas, has a loose theme with the queen who made the whole kingdom snowy. And it has things at Hollywood taking up space that otherwise wasn't being used and hasn't taken the place of anything that was your favorite ride and/or show.

It makes perfect sense to have Elsa, the ice queen, light the castle. If the mania fades, this isn't saying it is forever her castle lighting and Cinderella can never, ever have it back. But, in 2014, when Frozen is THE biggest deal in the entertainment world, why NOT have it? The story even ties in! Ice! It's not like Stitch is somehow making the castle light up in a total stretch.

tirian

I'll never do either one again unless I use it as a substitute ticket for the day.

The prices have risen for both events, and the fireworks and entertainment have seen significant cuts. Plus, Disney sells more tickets than before, making some parties extremely crowded. Why go?

See that's completely different than my wife and I felt. The atmosphere of the halloween party, the parade, the fireworks (with the ridiculous karaoke versions of music, and the HORRIBLE castle show was so inferior to the Christmas party. We personally would NEVER pay to go to the MNSSHP ever again. We have however done the Christmas party twice and would probably do it again. I do feel that both are lacking since they eliminated some shows and that they really should start doing more special shows for these events but we just love the atmosphere of the Christmas party. Now if the wreaths and the garland are all gone, that may change. But we would NEVER DO MNSSHP again

Fleis76

If only! Not that'd be a show I'd see. "Cinderella vs. Elsa: Two Princesses. One Castle. Who will be the victor?"
I would jump in my car right this second and drive over there to witness that! That said, unless Cinderella has some secret innate ability I don't know of, I'd have to bet my cards on Elsa.

FigmentsFangirl

Well, technically, Elsa's a Queen..... So in terms of a Cindy vs Elsa scenario, Elsa would emerge the victor due to higher rank {Queen over Princess}, Why they're advertising her as a princess confuses me though

Matt_Black

Well, technically, Elsa's a Queen..... So in terms of a Cindy vs Elsa scenario, Elsa would emerge the victor due to higher rank {Queen over Princess}, Why they're advertising her as a princess confuses me though

Because before she was a queen, she was a princess? Do I have to bring up the Aquaman thing again?

Matt_Black

There was a JLA story where they were trapped in a fairy tale world, and Wonder Woman got the sleeping curse. GL, Flash, and Superman are all wondering what to do. Aquaman strolls up and says, "Allow me", kisses her, and she wakes up. Aquaman says, "You need a kiss from a prince to break these spells." GL says, "Wait, but aren't you KING of Atlantis?"

"Yes, which means at one point I was PRINCE of Atlantis."

FigmentsFangirl

There was a JLA story where they were trapped in a fairy tale world, and Wonder Woman got the sleeping curse. GL, Flash, and Superman are all wondering what to do. Aquaman strolls up and says, "Allow me", kisses her, and she wakes up. Aquaman says, "You need a kiss from a prince to break these spells." GL says, "Wait, but aren't you KING of Atlantis?"

"Yes, which means at one point I was PRINCE of Atlantis."
Oh yes I remebmer that story, I didn't really care for it though, never was much of a superhero fan myself. {Transformers and Figment fangirl here!}

JohnD

We all know Elsa will light the castle. At the very least, they could have Cinderella hear about this Ice Queen from another land and invite Elsa to light her castle for her. Elsa, of course, has her Frozen friends tag along with her. That way, Cinderella is still involved in some way and it doesn't seem like Elsa is taking over.

Private Duck

Do we know how long this will continue? I hope it will continue until the beginning of January!

I am pretty sure WDW stays in "holiday mode" through the end of business on January 6th/7th (i.e. Epiphany/Eastern Orthodox Christmas) and possibly even a day or two later. Also- as has been stated- Frozen obviously has a "wintery" theme to it that could argue continued use a few weeks longer into January too IMHO.

Tinkrbell

I'll be interested to see if the audio will all be pre recorded like Cinderella's was or if the actors will be live meaning Equity...
It might be pre-recorded, but I can confirm that many of the actors for the show are equity (as they're being pulled from the sing along.) Some of the actors aren't full equity, rather character performers with a case by case equity contract.

FigmentsFangirl

It might be pre-recorded, but I can confirm that many of the actors for the show are equity (as they're being pulled from the sing along.) Some of the actors aren't full equity, rather character performers with a case by case equity contract.
They're still doing the sing along though during the day time hours correct ? {except, I assume for the times of show at the castle}

jklakeview

I'll never do either one again unless I use it as a substitute ticket for the day.

The prices have risen for both events, and the fireworks and entertainment have seen significant cuts. Plus, Disney sells more tickets than before, making some parties extremely crowded. Why go?
I guess its not horrible if you go in at 4 and stay until close. It would be like a shorter January schedule.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom