'A Frozen Holiday Wish' to begin November 5

BigThunderMatt

I think it's interesting that they're doing two show times for this performance. The whole point of the show was to be a nightly lighting of the castle, that seems a little diminished now that they're going to have two performances of it. The second one won't have nearly as much impact seeing that the castle will have been lit for sometime already that evening.

cjk0318

I think it's interesting that they're doing two show times for this performance. The whole point of the show was to be a nightly lighting of the castle, that seems a little diminished now that they're going to have two performances of it. The second one won't have nearly as much impact seeing that the castle will have been lit for sometime already that evening.
Unless it's like Disneyland where they have 2 Acts (3- if the fireworks are cancelled).

GiveMeTheMusic

Unless it's like Disneyland where they have 2 Acts (3- if the fireworks are cancelled).

And that system is some BS. As a result of the incomprehensible "show moments" the castle is unlit for huge chunks of the evening. Waste of all that hideous decoration they pile on it that only looks good lit up.

FigmentsFangirl

Again please, I do hope eithere @wdwmagic Or someone who does the videos for the site please get a good close up video of this show {both times if possible} When I saw the artwork, my parents started thinknig of a trip over end of November/start of December, at least until the bills came in and now I'm all :banghead: over it as we're pretty much now broke and barely able to make a supermarket shopping time or even a dinner out.

Sped2424

I am sorry buy I just can not stand behind this. It makes no sense that Elsa is transforming Cinderella's castle into ice. I can appreciate the frozen love but this is really ridiculous. I will keep an open mind though - I will see it in 2 weeks.
makes more sense for elsa to turn the castle into ice with her powers than the godmother to make it look like "cinderella's show". This is actually one of the tie ins I as hoping for last year when the film first came out. It seems like a natural fit to me.

tirian

It's nice to see Disney using synergy where it fits (MK) rather than where it doesn't (Norway, a real country).

If I were a kid, I'd be thrilled to see Elsa turn the castle into an ice palace. It makes sense for recent characters to do short-term shows and M&Gs until their long-term popularity is established. Frozen has already proven to be a long-term contender, despite the fact it's decent, but not spectacular, when you watch it without all the hype.

I'm more annoyed that Disney stubbornly sticks to its outdated PC policy of decorating the place for Christmas but refusing to use the word in the castle stage show. It's the name of the holiday. People are already attending MVMCP. Don't be a PC idiot.

disney4life2008

makes more sense for elsa to turn the castle into ice with her powers than the godmother to make it look like "cinderella's show". This is actually one of the tie ins I as hoping for last year when the film first came out. It seems like a natural fit to me.

Like I said - I will keep an open mind. But I am beyond fed up with Frozen at DW.

Sped2424

Like I said - I will keep an open mind. But I am beyond fed up with Frozen at DW.
You mean the three places it's at? At the studios it's creating additional offerings not taking away. At magic kingdom it's just a meet and greet, the only downside is maelstrom. But other properties have taken out beloved classics before (winnie the pooh for example even though he fits in fantasyland). The 90's would have been a tough time for you when they actually actively and aggressively promoted their animated films in the parks.

jklakeview

That one is far superior to the other one. MNSSHP > MVMCP by an easy mile. And that's having done MNSSHP this year after they introduced the dumb Villain Soiree (which we did not do). The parade is better, the fireworks are better, trick or treating is far better than cookies and cocoa, and people watching is WAYYYY better. We saw cast members trying to get pictures with a guest dressed as Ursula all night. She looked fabulous! Could have done a meet and greet.
See that's completely different than my wife and I felt. The atmosphere of the halloween party, the parade, the fireworks (with the ridiculous karaoke versions of music, and the HORRIBLE castle show was so inferior to the Christmas party. We personally would NEVER pay to go to the MNSSHP ever again. We have however done the Christmas party twice and would probably do it again. I do feel that both are lacking since they eliminated some shows and that they really should start doing more special shows for these events but we just love the atmosphere of the Christmas party. Now if the wreaths and the garland are all gone, that may change. But we would NEVER DO MNSSHP again

disney4life2008

You mean the three places it's at? At the studios it's creating additional offerings not taking away. At magic kingdom it's just a meet and greet, the only downside is maelstrom. But other properties have taken out beloved classics before (winnie the pooh for example even though he fits in fantasyland). The 90's would have been a tough time for you when they actually actively and aggressively promoted their animated films in the parks.

Sorry, still no agreement from me. I do not call a frozen sing along additional offerings. I checked it all out over the summer, i did think the frozen fireworks were well done though. Malestrom becoming frozen is unacceptable at best. In regards to the 90s i been going to wdw yearly since 1994 so i am well aware of the historical changes on property.

BigThunderMatt

I'm more annoyed that Disney stubbornly sticks to its outdated PC policy of decorating the place for Christmas but refusing to use the word in the castle stage show. It's the name of the holiday. People are already attending MVMCP. Don't be a PC idiot.

Not only that, I know quite a few people who may not necessarily celebrate the religious aspects of Christmas but thoroughly enjoy the secular aspects such as things like MVMCP and holiday decor. I highly doubt anyone who would actually be offended by their holiday not being a participant in Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party or the holiday festivities in general would be actively participating during that time of the year anyway.

Oh and by the way, I'm pretty sure they run the gamut of holiday greetings at the closing of Celebrate the Season.

mm52200

Sorry, still no agreement from me. I do not call a frozen sing along additional offerings. I checked it all out over the summer, i did think the frozen fireworks were well done though. Malestrom becoming frozen is unacceptable at best. In regards to the 90s i been going to wdw yearly since 1994 so i am well aware of the historical changes on property.
Just because you didn't like the Frozen Sing A Long doesn't mean it wasn't an addition. It was actually a utilization of unused spaced and didn't replace anything. So just in that regard it was an addition. In addition to the Royal Processional, the fireworks show, and the Wandering Oaken play land. All temporary additions for the most part that are now gone except for the sing along and a smaller play land.

disney4life2008

Just because you didn't like the Frozen Sing A Long doesn't mean it wasn't an addition. It was actually a utilization of unused spaced and didn't replace anything. So just in that regard it was an addition. In addition to the Royal Processional, the fireworks show, and the Wandering Oaken play land. All temporary additions for the most part that are now gone except for the sing along and a smaller play land.

Ok :)

Sped2424

They are right though, you are complaining about offerings that weren't there and now were being offered. The singalong skewed on the younger side, but even then a lot of folks dug it. It's not something to grip about considering how it was utilizing lost space again. Now maelstrom I get, but that's less frozen's fault and more bob igers. Besides we know a ride for the highest grossing animated film of all time was inevitable.

disney4life2008

They are right though, you are complaining about offerings that weren't there and now were being offered. The singalong skewed on the younger side, but even then a lot of folks dug it. It's not something to grip about considering how it was utilizing lost space again. Now maelstrom I get, but that's less frozen's fault and more bob igers. Besides we know a ride for the highest grossing animated film of all time was inevitable.

Ok :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom