Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

Schmoofus

From my understanding, the Yeti sort of threw out its back one day... would fixing its back really only take a matter of months?
I would have thought they'd have to close down the whole ride to properly fix it.

My husband did a thing with the imagineers a while back that discussed the design of EE. It is actually 3 completely separate structures built around each other- the mountain, the track, and the yeti. So, from what he was told about how it is made, it is possible to disassemble one part without bothering the other 2. It might not be easy, which would explain the delays, but...

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
A7RdS.gif

who knew the yeti from A Goofy Movie would find a home in AK..
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL THATS FUNNY

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Corporate synergy, eh? Maybe when the Studios get renamed, we'll get a decently (never fully, probably) functioning Yeti.

That WAS your point, right....?
Well, and that when MGM studios (which was much better than the now Hollywood), and the yeti stopped moving in the same year. Maybe when hmmmmmmm, a new name emerges for DHS, the yeti will go back to A mode.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Anytime I come across the footage of the imagined "programming" the yeti behind the thick plastic tarp... I shed a tear
I know, I'm the same way. Whenever I see the full motion yeti, I always think of how little Disney cares about the yeti. To quote Joe Rhode in the footage of the yeti being programmed:" There is nothing in the world of animation that moves this fast" and to see it frozen, it just makes me sad

Mike S

I know, I'm the same way. Whenever I see the full motion yeti, I always think of how little Disney cares about the yeti. To quote Joe Rhode in the footage of the yeti being programmed:" There is nothing in the world of animation that moves this fast" and to see it frozen, it just makes me sad

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes

He is right... There is NOTHING that moves that fast (again)

MerlinTheGoat

That also made me sad, Splash is one of my favorites:(
I agree, it was in such an AWFUL state when this occurred. Even normal guests noticed and complained when it was in such dire condition. I'm happy to say that it got a much needed refurbishment early 2013 and a top to bottom clean up and fixing up. It made all the difference, came out looking pretty much as it originally opened. Glad to say even earlier this month it was still in pretty excellent shape (only a couple of very minor problems but all the important stuff was working and looked great).

Sped2424

I agree, it was in such an AWFUL state when this occurred. Even normal guests noticed and complained when it was in such dire condition. I'm happy to say that it got a much needed refurbishment early 2013 and a top to bottom clean up and fixing up. It made all the difference, came out looking pretty much as it originally opened. Glad to say even earlier this month it was still in pretty excellent shape (only a couple of very minor problems but all the important stuff was working and looked great).
The jumping fountains have worked on nearly every time I have ridden the attraction in the last 2 months. THAT'S INSANE.

Sped2424

beyond the yeti getting fixed this ride could actually use some sprucing up and new effects installed. THe projection yeti right before the drop NEVER impressed me. Neither did the all black drop towards that section. Actually make these portions real show scenes.

dgp602

This maybe a silly question, but I have tried reading these 82 plus pages and cannot find the answer...IS it actually being fixed right now????? Or is this a deceiving headline to yet another Yeti thread....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom