Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

garagely

Okay, I had been wrestling with my conscience about asking him! I was so curious as to what the official spin would be. I should probably mention that the beginning of the presentation that led in to the Q&A was about Everest, from conception to reality. He kind of glossed over the yeti part though. I never knew WDI had created some kind of special technology to make the coaster less noisy, so I did learn a thing or two during the presentation!
(I got a little pin that says Disney Imagineering for the question that i did ask in front of the crowd! ;) )

garagely

No. There is NO movement. Why oh why did that imagineer have to go keep stirring the pot? The only thing that moves, like the previous poster said, is his hair. He hasn't moved since...2010, if memory serves me correctly.

Now, he still has the ABILITY to move. He HAS been placed in different positions manually, but no...he does not move during the actual ride.

Edited to add that I have firsthand knowledge of this, I'm not just a nay-sayer!

I was thinking, perhaps he meant that the Yeti was still capable of motion? That's the only thing I could think of!

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I was thinking, perhaps he meant that the Yeti was still capable of motion? That's the only thing I could think of!
I was always under the impression that the yeti always moving, even barley because the strobes would need something to magnify.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
No. There is NO movement. Why oh why did that imagineer have to go keep stirring the pot? The only thing that moves, like the previous poster said, is his hair. He hasn't moved since...2010, if memory serves me correctly.

Now, he still has the ABILITY to move. He HAS been placed in different positions manually, but no...he does not move during the actual ride.

Edited to add that I have firsthand knowledge of this, I'm not just a nay-sayer!
Well, every now and again someone reports movment

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Yes, and they are wrong. It's the effect of the strobe light. I worked there for years (yes, recently). It has not moved once since sometime in 2009. I promise.
Oh, well, I. suppose the sudden dip after the encounter would cause an illusion of motion, especially if he's positioned over the track.

pumpkin7

The yeti does not move, the yeti can't move, the yeti will not move, however much anyone is willing to bet otherwise, and it will stay that wayfor a while longer yet.

Case closed.

Now, whois up for some yeti watchin'? :facepalm:

RSoxNo1

This is officially the "paperboy conundrum". Basically everyone thinks they know the answer, but they really don't.
No, we know what's going on with the paper boy. The stress of his arm motion caused a stress fracture in his foundation so he was repositioned into a position that's less stressful on his foundation.

JWG

The Yeti was very stationary while sporting his disco look last week. Looking good and still since 2007ish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom