Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

jjharvpro

Original Poster
This past Wednesday, I was at Animal Kingdom for about 8 hours(side point: I actually really enjoyed the park, more than I though).

Because of the morning EMH, I rode Everest twice before regular guests came into the park. By the time I left, I had ridden 5 times -- what a ride!

Though I was in the third row 4 out of the 5 times I rode, oddly enough, other friends/family of mine rode in different seats. Off all the times that everyone rode, we never saw the Yeti! So we asked a CM about it -- he said "that the Yeti is behind tarps being fixed, will be there for about a month".

Though we never got to see Disco Yeti :lol:, I was exceedingly happy w/ this news!

So, will we see the Yeti back to its original form? I think/hope so!!

From my understanding, the Yeti sort of threw out its back one day... would fixing its back really only take a matter of months?
I would have thought they'd have to close down the whole ride to properly fix it.

raven

From my understanding, the Yeti sort of threw out its back one day... would fixing its back really only take a matter of months?
I would have thought they'd have to close down the whole ride to properly fix it.

Expedition: Everest is the major pull for guests visiting Animal Kingdom. If the were to close down the entire attraction to fix the Yeti they would see a major drop in attendence; therefore, they are doing what they can to fix it while keeping the ride operating.

Even if it means being behind a tarp for a while I will be happy when it's back in A Mode again.

Expedition: Everest is the major pull for guests visiting Animal Kingdom. If the were to close down the entire attraction to fix the Yeti they would see a major drop in attendence; therefore, they are doing what they can to fix it while keeping the ride operating.

Even if it means being behind a tarp for a while I will be happy when it's back in A Mode again.

I know that it is. I'm just surprised to hear that it is actually being worked on. The only way I ever imagined them getting around to fixing "Disco Yeti" was if they were to do an extensive refurbishment on the whole attraction, which I do not see happening for quite some time.

Perhaps they're doing all of the major tweaks and things after park hours and minimal work during operation?

Fixing it = A Mode all the time and no detrimental affect to the remaining structure.

"Fixing it" = pretty much anything short of fixing it.

Thank you. :wave:

Lee

Adventurer
As I posted earlier, the mechanical issues with the yeti can be repaired without any real downtime for the ride.
Glad to see some progress over there...

JustInTime

This isn't the first time he has been behind tarps. The last time he was behind tarps, we saw some movement back in the Yeti for a couple of weeks. Then nothing. It has been confirmed by may sources that he has been being worked on after hours. Which may have something to do with the lack of evening extra magic hours. In fact, I would not be surprised if was totally removed to his repair room built inside the mountain right now. I am sure we will get some sort movement back in the yeti but who knows. I bet what movement we saw back in 2010 was a test run. Lets hope this is the real deal. Give me SOME sort of movement. Please.

WDW1974

As I posted earlier, the mechanical issues with the yeti can be repaired without any real downtime for the ride.
Glad to see some progress over there...

You are a for publicity.

BTW, is there any truth that the yeti has gained a giant smirk on his face since the lubrication has begun?:eek::ROFLOL::drevil:

WDW1974

:rolleyes:

Pot? Meet kettle.

Monty ... buddy ... it is insulting to call people kitchen cookware.

I would never call my pal Lee a 'pot' (I have called him much worse to his face ... although to be fair, not nearly as bad as things Mrs. Lee has!:ROFLOL:)

And I have lost too much weight to resemble a kettle (and I never was as large as the typical WDW guest!):eek:

All this talk is making me hungry.

~Got poutine?~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom