Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

Buried20KLeague

I am amazed at the number of people that not only notice every single animatronic, but, remember if it was working or not. I know that a lot of you do that, but, I have no comprehension as to why! Maybe that is why I've been able to go there for 31 years and still enjoy it like I did in my early days. I have noticed, from time to time, certain AA's that weren't working, but, I always asked myself, if I'm sure I remember it working before and did it change the experience for me. The answer is usually no. Only once did I make a mental note because it was an obvious long term problem.

Anyway, that must be what separates those of us that just go because we enjoy the parks and those that are self called, "purists" that have a need to have nothing out of place and can think of no excuse for it being anything less then perfect. To me, not being able to do that, makes things more fun for me because I allow reality to be part of the story. Fantasy is wonderful, but, even a fantasy based theme park exists within real world reality.

I think you might be reading a bit too much into why someone thinks like they do.

For me, I've ridden Splash (for example) so many times that I know what should be where. I don't have a mental check list that I run down while on the ride, as if I were researching rather than enjoying. It's not difficult at all for me to be riding along, humming the tune, and I notice I don't see the shadow projections running up and over the hill. It doesn't ruin the rest of my ride... I don't stop enjoying the ride. But I noticed.

And that's probably the most complicated attraction with the most movement. It's even easier to notice on attractions with only a handful of things to notice like that.

For me, it's just about familiarity. When something is missing from the show, I see it.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Hey everybody, I posted earlier about going to ride EE today, and i haven't rode yet! My FP is for about 3:00, so I'll update everyone then!

Goofyernmost

ALRIGHT, rode at about 11:00 am and, drum roll please......................................................................................... ..................................................

Hey everybody, I posted earlier about going to ride EE today, and i haven't rode yet! My FP is for about 3:00, so I'll update everyone then!
Will the real ADMachine please stand up!

JillC LI

But... but... TDO reads these boards all the time!!

I know you were being sarcastic, but you might be surprised what big companies do. I work for one of the largest US camera companies, and we have an entire department with several people whose job it is to devote every work day to scouring the internet for positive and negative comments about our various products. They look for patterns and trends, and management often responds, either directly or indirectly.

Nick Wilde

I know you were being sarcastic, but you might be surprised what big companies do. I work for one of the largest US camera companies, and we have an entire department with several people whose job it is to devote every work day to scouring the internet for positive and negative comments about our various products. They look for patterns and trends, and management often responds, either directly or indirectly.
So my rants on FB work! YES! I'M NOT WASTING MY LIFE EVERYONE! WOOT WOOT!

AEfx

I think you might be reading a bit too much into why someone thinks like they do.

For me, I've ridden Splash (for example) so many times that I know what should be where. I don't have a mental check list that I run down while on the ride, as if I were researching rather than enjoying. It's not difficult at all for me to be riding along, humming the tune, and I notice I don't see the shadow projections running up and over the hill. It doesn't ruin the rest of my ride... I don't stop enjoying the ride. But I noticed.

And that's probably the most complicated attraction with the most movement. It's even easier to notice on attractions with only a handful of things to notice like that.

For me, it's just about familiarity. When something is missing from the show, I see it.

Yes, I think this is more like it.

For me, the "magic" of theme park attractions (specifically dark rides) is the manufactured experience where each guest/car/etc. sees a predetermined show scene, and then it resets - something about the packaging of a physical experience like that to be repetitively experienced by large numbers of folks.

I love nothing more than to have been on a ride long enough to know it's cues, and what's about to happen the moment before it does. And things like looking back behind you to see it reset, etc.

I think it's all about how you individually absorb the attractions - just like how different folks absorb reading material, or a movie, etc. in various ways.

JediMasterMatt

Matt's step-by-step guide to determine when you can get your hopes up for the Yeti to move again:

1) Check to see if the Attraction has been recently closed for an extended (4 week plus) refurb, if no - then proceed to step 3
2) If no refurb has taken place, check to see if Bob Iger, Jay Rasulo, or Joe Rohde are seated on your train, if no, proceed to step 3
3) If no refurb has taken place and no Disney executive is on your train, then prepare to enjoy strobe-o-vision and return to step 1

It won't move again until the ride can go down for a refurb AND TDO coughs up the cash to fix it. I'm not confident that even if a refurb occurred we would have a guarantee that the Yeti will move. After all, the strobes and fans can't last forever and will need replaced at some point.

*Prepare for the next upcharge event once the strobes die - NightVision Yeti Excursions. Enjoy the Expedition Everest the way the Imagineers originally intended, with nightvision goggles for the authentic cryptozooilogical encounter with the elusive beast.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Matt's step-by-step guide to determine when you can get your hopes up for the Yeti to move again:

1) Check to see if the Attraction has been recently closed for an extended (4 week plus) refurb, if no - then proceed to step 3
2) If no refurb has taken place, check to see if Bob Iger, Jay Rasulo, or Joe Rohde are seated on your train, if no, proceed to step 3
3) If no refurb has taken place and no Disney executive is on your train, then prepare to enjoy strobe-o-vision and return to step 1

It won't move again until the ride can go down for a refurb AND TDO coughs up the cash to fix it. I'm not confident that even if a refurb occurred we would have a guarantee that the Yeti will move. After all, the strobes and fans can't last forever and will need replaced at some point.

*Prepare for the next upcharge event once the strobes die - NightVision Yeti Excursions. Enjoy the Expedition Everest the way the Imagineers originally intended, with nightvision goggles for the authentic cryptozooilogical encounter with the elusive beast.

Actually, I think night vision googles would make the yeti appear moving better than strobes.

Magenta Panther

I've decided that this is the catch all maintenance thread. Car in the gangster scene was working in Great Movie Ride as was the alien on the right side of the vehicle. Gene Kelly still doesn't look like him and Ingrid Bergman still looks like Candice Bergen.

What's funny is that Gene Kelly supposedly personally approved the AA of himself while the ride was being designed...

DisneyGentleman

Disney responds indirectly - they ignore us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom