D

Deleted member 107043

10_17_WDI_9902-900.jpg
10_17_WDI_9901.-900jpg.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/10/new-hotel-disneyland-resort/

:jawdrop: I'm speechless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkbeer1

It's the last in the chain and is operated by a third party under license from Disney. It has nothing to do with the network other than the name.

Wrong, it is operated by the Disneyland Resort, the current owner/operator is Zone Enterprises of Anaheim, a subsidiary of the Walt Disney Company, It is the last one standing, and was offered to possible third parties for years, and operated as a "placeholder", which is a better option than empty to Disney.

D

Deleted member 107043

Wrong, it is operated by the Disneyland Resort, the current owner/operator is Zone Enterprises of Anaheim, a subsidiary of the Walt Disney Company, It is the last one standing, and was offered to possible third parties for years, and operated as a "placeholder", which is a better option than empty to Disney.

I stand corrected. I thought I'd read somewhere that it was operated by a third party. Thanks for clarifying.

TROR

I think it's clear Disney doesn't understand the potential of Downtown Disney. Rather than being a bland outdoor mall, it could very well be its own free theme park. Only, instead of rides, it would have movie theaters, live entertainment, broadway style shows, bowling, VR experiences, and so much more that those visiting would pay for rather than paying an entry fee. Alongside that, it would still have high end themed restaurants like Rainforest Cafe and ESPN Zone, as well as fun places to shop like the LEGO Store or Build-A-Bear. Then the entire area could be beautified with a 1960's aesthetic to unify all of the shops, restaurants, and attractions.

Antaundra

Seriously? I can't believe how positively people are responding to this. It reminds me of the Disneyland hotel of my childhood. Ground level shops connecting the towers to the monorail station. The architecture is so sterile it reminds me of what was thought of as luxury in the 80s. Nothing about this is beautiful or inspiring. It's a land locked "south beach resort" with views of concrete and parking lots rather than beaches and ocean.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think it's clear Disney doesn't understand the potential of Downtown Disney. Rather than being a bland outdoor mall, it could very well be its own free theme park. Only, instead of rides, it would have movie theaters, live entertainment, broadway style shows, bowling, VR experiences, and so much more that those visiting would pay for rather than paying an entry fee. Alongside that, it would still have high end themed restaurants like Rainforest Cafe and ESPN Zone, as well as fun places to shop like the LEGO Store or Build-A-Bear. Then the entire area could be beautified with a 1960's aesthetic to unify all of the shops, restaurants, and attractions.

Seriously? I can't believe how positively people are responding to this. It reminds me of the Disneyland hotel of my childhood. Ground level shops connecting the towers to the monorail station. The architecture is so sterile it reminds me of what was thought of as luxury in the 80s. Nothing about this is beautiful or inspiring. It's a land locked "south beach resort" with views of concrete and parking lots rather than beaches and ocean.

I would just say hold judgement until its done. To me it looks like they are trying to create a complete Disney experience from the connected hotels to the shopping area.

To me any major investment into DTD is good at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom