NEW HOTEL?

Burgower1994

10_17_WDI_9902-900.jpg
10_17_WDI_9901.-900jpg.jpg

We have some exciting news to share with you today about continuing expansion and growth of the Disneyland Resort. For the first time in almost two decades, we will open a new Four Diamond hotel! Set to open in 2021, this hotel will transform the west end of the Downtown Disney Districtand anchor a new gateway to the Disneyland Resort.
The stunning 700-room hotel will feature a sophisticated design and be a game-changer for Anaheim, creating a dynamic dining, entertainment and hotel experience for resort visitors and local residents. Extensive landscaping and water elements will create a resort oasis, showcasing nature on every level of the hotel. The hotel’s location embraces the iconic Disneyland Monorail with a dedicated platform inside the hotel for direct transport into Disneyland park.

Guest rooms, public spaces and gardens will provide views of the Downtown Disney District. In addition, an upper-level restaurant and lounge will give guests a view of the popular Disneyland park fireworks.

The ground level of the hotel will include shops and restaurants opening onto an expansive landscaped plaza complete with playful water features, creating a gathering place for guests and visitors. The new hotel also connects all four Hotels of the Disneyland Resort through lush gardens and beautifully landscaped walkways, transforming the gateway on the west side and creating a welcoming entry for our Disneyland Resort guests.

And that’s not all. This new hotel creates great benefits for the community, generating approximately $25 million in new taxes in its first five years of operation that go directly to Anaheim’s general fund. It also will create thousands of additional construction and permanent jobs and attract new hotel guests to the resort area.

Construction is scheduled to start in summer 2018, with a grand opening slated for 2021. Check back here for updates!
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/10/new-hotel-disneyland-resort/

mickEblu

Sounds pretty cool. I really like the sound of new landscaping. So the AMC and Earl of sandwich and ESPN zone are gone? Am I seeing that right?

mickEblu

Looks like AMC, Earl of Sandwich, ESPN, and Rainforest Cafe will all be removed.

Yup. Just updated my post to reflect ESPN zone. Forgot bout Rainforest. So seems like the plans changed a little. The new hotel isn't taking as much of the current DTD Parking lot as we thought.

Also note that the new monorail platform is just the existing DTD Platform that they will build around.

Antaundra

Such a missed opportunity. Down Town Disney would benefit from the kind of backstory and place making Disney implemented in Disney Springs. This new hotel could have, and should have, anchored that kind of redesign to DTD. Instead we're getting the same utilitarian architecture that has stalled the eastern gateway project.

mickEblu

Such a missed opportunity. Down Town Disney would benefit from the kind of backstory and place making Disney implemented in Disney Springs. This new hotel could have, and should have, anchored that kind of redesign to DTD. Instead we're getting the same utilitarian architecture that has stalled the eastern gateway project.

I never been to Disney Springs but this sounds a heck of a lot better than what's there now.

TROR

With the removal of ESPN Zone, sounds like Disney doesn't plan on holding onto the network for much longer. Still would love to see an MLB Center akin to the NBA Experience in Orlando added to Downtown Disney or even just a Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim team store like the Dodgers one in Universal City Walk. I just want more baseball, man.

mickEblu

With the removal of ESPN Zone, sounds like Disney doesn't plan on holding onto the network for much longer. Still would love to see an MLB Center akin to the NBA Experience in Orlando added to Downtown Disney or even just a Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim team store like the Dodgers one in Universal City Walk. I just want more baseball, man.

I hope this means the end of big commercial restaurants you can find at any mall or city.

Im not gunna lie the wings at ESPN Zone are pretty good though. Particularly if you get them naked with sauce on the side.

jaxonp

Disney doesn't need ESPN or Rainforest Cafe or a silly movie theater... You're at Disney... enjoy the parks after all.

180º

That art is, uh...I'm not sure how to feel about it. I feel like up close the hotel will be high-quality and very nice, but then you zoom out and it looks kind of messy.

DLR92

I think it nice but not extraordinary marvelous. But I am happy Disney is not opting for various themes that will go out of place of DTD and the hotels nearby. The shopping area doesn't need a silly themed backstory or the hotel either.

TROR

Could just be me, but anyone else think it's odd they're announcing all of this about a hotel district expansion yet no news about a retheme to the Paradise Pier Hotel?

DLR92

Could just be me, but anyone else think it's odd they're announcing all of this about a hotel district expansion yet no news about a retheme to the Paradise Pier Hotel?

Maybe Disney sees retheme to Paradise Pier Hotel as a low priority at the moment. I think they should revisit changes to the hotel after this expansion.

Stevek

"In addition, an upper-level restaurant and lounge will give guests a view of the popular Disneyland park fireworks"
aka, come meet your (least) favorite Disney bloggers and youtube personalities as each night they take up the best lounge seats to view fireworks.

The hotel looks incredibly odd architecturally in general, maybe more so because it's right next to the big blocky DL hotel buildings. Disney really has decided to go all in on high priced hotels and will clearly let the Harbor resorts serve as the moderate or value resorts. It will be interesting to see if they can maintain the high occupancy across 1 high priced hotel and 3 very high priced hotels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom