Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

MOXOMUMD

So let me get this straight. They are removing the California Paradise Pier and Mickey Mouse classic character theming from California Adventure to install Pixar stuff and then retheming the New York Street which is adjacent to a Pixar themed area in Hollywood Studios in Florida to be Los Angeles? Stay with me... Then taking the Hollywood Studios classic attraction out of the Hollywood Studios themed park to install a Mickey Mouse themed attraction inside the Chinese Theater? Sounds like a big confusing expensive mess.
Umm...yes.

EricsBiscuit

This should be a huge pull from people going to sWL. They'll be running into the land and see a bar and instead run into the bar. By closing my eyes as I run into SWL I can make it past that temptation and enjoy the land to myself!

Herbie

As someone who's never been to DCA, I was pretty happy with the 2010-2016 version, from what I've seen. I understand change, and even the closures/replacements/updates that make me cringe, I can understand enough. But the Guardians and Pixar (and to a lesser extent, Frozen) overlays just leave me perplexed, when considering the grand scheme of things. Not to mention how recently they attended to the park.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

What's funny is the early 20th century buildings the article refers to aren't really found on Grand here in Los Angeles. They're mainly found on other main streets, like Main, Spring and Broadway. Grand is a street where some of the more modern and contemporary buildings of DTLA are. Strange that they would choose to call it Grand Ave.

Also, based on the current photos, what they have so far doesn't resemble the old buildings in DTLA, in general. Looks pretty modern.

Last edited:

Jones14

Hopefully this means facade work from the hub to this bar eventually encompass the commissary, sci fi, and the meet and greets.
If the Mickey/Minnie meet and greet sticks around, I'd like to see that facade turned into a small theatre, since we're stepping into their movies. I know it's technically an extension of the Hyperion (?) already, but it just looks like leftover space (which it is). An aesthetic revamp of Comissary Lane as a whole would be MUCH appreciated.

Magenta Panther

Glad there's a decent replacement for Writer's Stop. That place was my oasis when visiting DHS. Sorry to see it go, but this new venue does look to be a great place to get out of the heat, relax and have a brew. I'll miss the books though. The Writer's Stop is where I bought my copy of Bob Thomas' excellent Walt Disney biography.

MagicHappens1971

Hopefully this means facade work from the hub to this bar eventually encompass the commissary, sci fi, and the meet and greets.
If I remember correctly, aside from the fact that Disney is being cheap, that phase 3 would be facade upgrades and general improvements throughoutf the park

Robbiem

Its a pity they didn't theme this to the terminal bar from Who Framed Roger Rabbit- it fits the LA/Hollywood vibe of the studios, has an IP connection for people old enough to remember the movie (who are now drinking age) and would have been reminder of when the park opened with a large Roger Rabbit presence - they could even have made a dip cocktail

Magenta Panther

Its a pity they didn't theme this to the terminal bar from Who Framed Roger Rabbit- it fits the LA/Hollywood vibe of the studios, has an IP connection for people old enough to remember the movie (who are now drinking age) and would have been reminder of when the park opened with a large Roger Rabbit presence - they could even have made a dip cocktail

That is a BRILLIANT idea!

c-one

Somehow I missed all the Grand Ave news until now. I love Los Angeles but themeing anything to contemporary, "revitalized" DTLA is one step removed from the beige soundstages of yore in terms of dullness. Maybe there will be a walkthrough attraction of tech offices and unaffordable condos. But since there won't be much else to do at DHS for a few years, I'm happy to kill a few hours at a craft beer bar.

BD-Anaheim

Somehow I missed all the Grand Ave news until now. I love Los Angeles but themeing anything to contemporary, "revitalized" DTLA is one step removed from the beige soundstages of yore in terms of dullness. Maybe there will be a walkthrough attraction of tech offices and unaffordable condos. But since there won't be much else to do at DHS for a few years, I'm happy to kill a few hours at a craft beer bar.

DTLA is pretty much the hottest area of LA these days. I'd say they have a lot to work with if that is the theme they are going for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom