Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

BlindChow

Wow, they are really taking their time with that ugly all-yellow building.

I know people insist they're not done, but why do the detail work on the first two, then just stop and ignore the third for this long?

J2theGo

So let me get this straight. They are removing the California Paradise Pier and Mickey Mouse classic character theming from California Adventure to install Pixar stuff and then retheming the New York Street which is adjacent to a Pixar themed area in Hollywood Studios in Florida to be Los Angeles? Stay with me... Then taking the Hollywood Studios classic attraction out of the Hollywood Studios themed park to install a Mickey Mouse themed attraction inside the Chinese Theater? Sounds like a big confusing expensive mess.

NiarrNDisney

Wow, they are really taking their time with that ugly all-yellow building.

I know people insist they're not done, but why do the detail work on the first two, then just stop and ignore the third for this long?

Going out on a limb here but I think we may see a QS type something or other here that serves drinks and CocaCola products like the frozen cokes/slushies and maybe snacks.

Last edited:

rocketraccoon

I saw a guy throw out a completely uneaten churro today.

Not sure if it was mentioned in the 50 threads on the area, but they have started construction on the wall between Muppets Courtyard and Grand Avenue. The downside of this is that it's harder to see over to Star Wars Land from Tatooine Traders. Oh well.

Let's start with the panorama:
tRHaY5A.jpg

Higher quality: http://i.imgur.com/4sjNT4l.jpg

Some tall bits of rebar for the new wall:
bHlJd1F.jpg

Might be an archway or something?

The view from the Miss Piggy fountain:
kr4NP18.jpg

One big change is that speakers have been installed in the windows of all three buildings. They appear to be large ones that you could find in the area before.
B5VGUxP.jpg

9h8TQOU.jpg

The tunnel to Star Wars Land is moving along:
h0y8h9a.jpg

Also visible is the top of the truck that the paving company that is doing the new walkway.

Not much of a sight, but the former Writer's Shop/new Baseline Tap House has part of its brick up, and the space is now closed off.
ghdumXR.jpg

Also, this was always on the display on the Coke building, right? I don't remember and I can't find photos of it to save my life.
w3Qx6Rr.jpg

That's pretty much it. Can't really see the new paving from PizzeRizzo or anything. The wall the tunnel is on looks like it might stretch out to the Muppet*Vision building. There was a helicopter circling around Hollywood Studios/Epcot today. I'd like to imagine it was @bioreconstruct's personal craft.

KuEFome.jpg

Timothy_Q

So let me get this straight. They are removing the California Paradise Pier and Mickey Mouse classic character theming from California Adventure to install Pixar stuff and then retheming the New York Street which is adjacent to a Pixar themed area in Hollywood Studios in Florida to be Los Angeles? Stay with me... Then taking the Hollywood Studios classic attraction out of the Hollywood Studios themed park to install a Mickey Mouse themed attraction inside the Chinese Theater? Sounds like a big confusing expensive mess.

It's almost like they have no cohesive vision for the parks anymore...

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Those facades were never designed to have stuff in them. you can see how close together the steel beans are and there are cross braces between them, so it would be hard to put anything significant in them without making structural changes. There is space between them and the building but I think there are backstage things there.

View attachment 218480

Well, it almost looks like they're going to use that back area with this artist concept...

upload_2017-7-27_3-5-27.png

From here: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2017/07/new-grand-avenue-area-coming-to-disneys.html

NiarrNDisney

The concept art makes this place look much more interesting than I initially thought.

I hope so! I always thought they could have done so much more with the facades of the Streets of America by putting restaurants and stores behind those doors and windows! I think this is a great opportunity to use what was originally consider dead space and cover ups for back stage purposes for something fitting and well themed in a small park.

Last edited:

wdrive

Well, it almost looks like they're going to use that back area with this artist concept...

View attachment 218750

From here: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2017/07/new-grand-avenue-area-coming-to-disneys.html

I feel that would fit in the old Writers Stop. There is a lot of backstage through fare in that area, including the main break room for the Sci Fi Diner. If there was news of Sci Fi closing/moving/refurbing I could see them expanding the Writers Stop for this new bar, but as things are my best guess is that it will take up the same footprint that the Writers Stop did.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom