Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

Phineas

I know it is a screen based ride, but are there no animatronics in RAT? I figured it would be a mix like FEA...
Video linking is blocked from my work computer, but if memory serves, no-there are no AAs in RAT. There are a few static props along the way (food items, etc. to simulate the kitchen of Gusteau's), but it is very much a screen-centric experience. Maybe if we're lucky, our version will get a Remy AA in the queue or elsewhere-something akin to Scuttle in Mermaid's queue.

General Hux

Coco would just be another re-skin of the existing boat ride though
But the theme would fit like a glove I think. They already sell the painted day of the dead skulls in the Mexico pavilion, and the movie Coco will scream "Mexico". In this way it is different from Frozen, where the connection to Norway was pretty tenuous, and the ride it replaced was perfectly themed for Norway and well loved.

Timothy_Q

But the theme would fit like a glove I think. They already sell the painted day of the dead skulls in the Mexico pavilion, and the movie Coco will scream "Mexico". In this way it is different from Frozen, where the connection to Norway was pretty tenuous, and the ride it replaced was perfectly themed for Norway and well loved.

I don't disagree with any of this.

Especially considering Donald and José Carioca aren't mexican

raven

This configuration makes more sense to me. Either this one or the show building and entire queue on the open plot of land. It would be strange to re route the access road into the back of France. Large semi trucks have to deliver food to 4 different food service locations and several merchandise spots from that road. Twisting and winding around sharp corners seems counterproductive to me, unless the queue could go over the road.

lazyboy97o

This configuration makes more sense to me. Either this one or the show building and entire queue on the open plot of land. It would be strange to re route the access road into the back of France. Large semi trucks have to deliver food to 4 different food service locations and several merchandise spots from that road. Twisting and winding around sharp corners seems counterproductive to me, unless the queue could go over the road.
The permit shows the access road into the back of the pavilion being rerouted.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

The road coming into the back of France is just a fire access road and probably a way to get things on stage. The delivery road will be over by Morocco. Also, we can see that it would be a tight fit based on the rough measurements, but maybe it doesn't actually fit when you take into consideration fire access an other clearances that might be needed. As I mentioned before, we also don't know if the gondola path might interfere in some way.

raven

The road coming into the back of France is just a fire access road and probably a way to get things on stage. The delivery road will be over by Morocco. Also, we can see that it would be a tight fit based on the rough measurements, but maybe it doesn't actually fit when you take into consideration fire access an other clearances that might be needed. As I mentioned before, we also don't know if the gondola path might interfere in some way.
Looks like they chose the counterproductive route.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Do we have pictures of how it looks today?

Voila!

upload_2017-6-26_16-0-6.png

With the new buildings...

upload_2017-6-26_16-5-39.png

upload_2017-6-26_16-6-51.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The yellow will not be a building all the way around the pavilion. The section down the side of the pavilion looks to just be a pathway. Not sure exactly where the queue structure will pick up.

I figured that would probably be the case but the ones in the know who know where the queue will pick up grow mum when asked about that. :)

Maybe going through IdF is still in the mix! :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom