Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I figured that would probably be the case but the ones in the know who know where the queue will pick up grow mum when asked about that. :)

Maybe going through IdF is still in the mix! :eek:
The pathway is more or less correct but is a partly covered path, not a building.

Shrink the Gondola building a bit and push it back to almost the edge of the current walkway too.

Cesar R M

I was thinking Sokovia...then they could sneak some Marvel in at Epcot! :joyfull:
Marvel... in Epcot..
angrymickey.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The pathway is more or less correct but is a partly covered path, not a building.

Shrink the Gondola building a bit and push it back to almost the edge of the current walkway too.

Pushed 'back' as in further away from the dock? That's what I did in the image below.

The question now is where the intervening towers are and how tall and how close to the IG station to create a decline of height that can clear trees down to a ground-based station. And unfortunately, Google Earth Pro can't do inclined polygons.

upload_2017-6-26_17-6-33.png

sedati

To those who have experienced the original ride in Paris, what worked best, and what are it's weaknesses? What tweaks would you hope to see, assuming the Epcot ride will be mostly similar, but perhaps with some differences?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
To those who have experienced the original ride in Paris, what worked best, and what are it's weaknesses? What tweaks would you hope to see, assuming the Epcot ride will be mostly similar, but perhaps with some differences?

More real props and special effects if possible.

I think they are just going to clone it though, which I'm fine with to be honest.

sedati

More real props and special effects if possible.

I think they are just going to clone it though, which I'm fine with to be honest.
I've only seen the videos, but it certainly looks like a fun family attraction. The pacing of the end chase seems pretty unique and fun. Curious how well the scale works- everything does seem big.

RSoxNo1

FWIW, Hate To Fly and Jim Hill were the first two people I had that were talking about Ratatouille in France with any authority:

July 1, 2014: Jim Hill reported on Episode 61 of the Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish podcast that Paris would have the Ratatouille ride exclusively for 4+ years. This would mean that the earliest the attraction would be brought to Walt Disney World would likely be 2019-2020.

May 10, 2014: @HateToFly has posted an image of the France Pavilion on Twitter with a teaser tweet that reads, "Listen you can hear rumbles of bulldozers, earth, and traps? #rumor #disney"

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
July 1, 2014: Jim Hill reported on Episode 61 of the Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish podcast that Paris would have the Ratatouille ride exclusively for 4+ years. This would mean that the earliest the attraction would be brought to Walt Disney World would likely be 2019-2020.

That's not really a prediction. Fans always want good attractions in other parks cloned to the one they go to. Knowing that Rat has an exclusivity period at which point it can be cloned to other parks isn't an insider's leak that they're actually going to do it and have plans where to put it.

Disneyson

If the gondolas move behind France, will the Eiffel Tower need to be relocated in order for it's forced perspective to keep working, or shall the effect essentially be ruined? Or will the gondolas not interfere?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom