The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yep, it's pretty nuts.
One morning, years ago, the kiddos and I rode it 3 times in a row, back-to-back, walk-on.
My bit of dizziness at the end wasn't any worse each time, and the kiddos never mentioned feeling anything. And, even though we rode other coasters and stuff, we didn't ride that one again 'til the end of the day on that trip. We actually wanted to at one point in the early afternoon, but, the queue was too long. :bored: ;) :)

That coaster you referenced looked pretty intense. For me (referring to the WDW coasters/attractions only here), I had to limit any inversion ones (RockNRoller Coaster for example--at most, I'll just ride it once per trip), and also, I only ride "Green" on Mission Space, as of about 6 years ago. Back at that time, I had ridden RNR, TOT and Orange on MS multiple times (even in succession) over the course of a few days.

Flew home, no problem--until I woke up the next morning, and was so dizzy and nauseous that I couldn't even get up. The next day (I was only slightly better), hubs took me to the doctor, and he diagnosed vertigo. Gave me some meds, and I was o.k. in about 2 days. He explained about the inner ear fluid imbalance brought on by inversions, etc.

This doesn't affect everyone; but with the right conditions, many people experience these symptoms.

Songbird76

Oh My! Can't wait for her to go to school. Wooba! If you can't control the behavior of a preschooler best of luck when they are pre-teens and teens.
Fortunately you live on a different continent. :)

And yes, I misunderstood. I understand why the son didn't attend. I didn't take my kids to wakes and funerals when they were young. Just don't really know how they are processing all that and what lingers in their heads.

My stupid BIL (my inlaw family) when his Dad passed had his youngest son maybe 10 kiss grandpa good bye in the casket. :eek: Kid followed the instruction as did his two older kids but went into total freak out. I can't even imagine why they were forced to do that. Parenting-it takes all kinds.
Yikes...we gave our kids the choice of whether or not they wanted to go to the funeral. DD wanted to go, DS did not. So we sent him with my BIL's parents and my niece and then they brought them back for the reception after the funeral for ice cream. My dad was a huge fan of ice cream...he had to have his ice cream each night...and if you invited him for dinner, he'd inevitably show up with a carton of ice cream in his hands. And one of his favorite things was milkshakes or malts, and he'd smile like a little kid and say it was a good thing they weren't fattening. So we decided to have ice cream at the reception to honor his memory...so everyone could have ice cream with my dad one last time. And of course my niece and my son didn't want to miss the ice cream! So they came back for that and so everyone could see them. But I wouldn't have forced either of my kids to go, much less kiss grandpa goodbye. I took my daughter in to view him an hour before the funeral actually started so we could say goodbye privately.

Yes, after 3 weeks of sleeping on an old lumpy couch and having no privacy and luke warm showers (the hot water heater needs to be replaced!) and dealing with a naughty 3 year old, I was ready to come home and I realized that the distance is sometimes good. She's not really BAD, just pushes the boundaries a lot and they don't seem to get that that's what she's doing. They fall for it every time. If they don't clue in, they are going to have a real hard time when she gets a bit older. They do reprimand her, it's just that they back down when she starts to cry. They figure she's gotten the message, so it's over...they don't ever actually give her a consequence. So she KNOWS what the rules are and she knows she's not supposed to do certain things. She just does them anyway and when she gets caught, she cries and says she forgot. My BIL gave her a time out twice while I was there...and both were after days of her doing the exact same thing over and over. I don't have that much patience. If I tell you once not to do it, and you do it again, you're in time out.

Figgy1

Premium Member
How do you do that, arriving at 2 different times? Do you have to make 2 separate reservations? Do you have to pay for DD's family as though they are there with you the whole time? Do you have to do it by phone? Or is it different because you are on DVC? I'm really wanting to do Disney with my brother's family in a few years when my niece is old enough to remember it and when she's hopefully a little bit better behaved. But they didn't join us last summer because my BIL thinks it's too expensive...but that was before I found the European site with the different deals. I was thinking, if I book it for all of us, I can get the deal and they could pay me back, but I'm not sure they'd want to stay for 2 weeks like we would. I was wondering how to handle that. I've never known anyone who didn't all go together for the same length of stay until you mentioned that you DD was coming later. If you don't know, no pressure...just thought I'd ask for future reference.
I know on this side of the pond you can have more than one reservation in your name with different dates. I don't see it being an issue unless you'd all share the same room.

MySmallWorldof4

Mainly a rained out day. Went to EPCOT for our Soarin Pass, but it was down. Had a snack instead at Four Seasons and rode the Land. The Vegan fruit cup snack with banana and coconut cream was delicious. Hubby had the danish with some of my fruit it was good too. Went back to the room it rained really hard, we were provided towels at the front desk and then we had carryout from Artist's Palette, but no pictures. In for the evening, a wet day.

View attachment 206814 View attachment 206815 View attachment 206816 View attachment 206817 View attachment 206817 View attachment 206818 View attachment 206819 View attachment 206820 View attachment 206821 View attachment 206822 View attachment 206823

The Kids are coming tomorrow and we are moving to the 2 bedroom unit.
We were at BB until 2. We had no rain. Got there for opening. Got back to our cabin then it started raining about 3ish. Ds got sick. We ate at Artist's Palette for dinner. At Epcot now. Ds is better. :)

MySmallWorldof4

YEE HAAAA Bob is awesome. He is so talented. He plays a diverse group of music while playing the piano. My kids love it! He really interacts with the audience. I definitely say, go for it.

Sorry, it is late info. I was working. I hope everyone stays healthy for the rest of your trip!!

Hugs and Germ X for all. Hope he's much better today xoxo

Oh no!!! How long have you got there? If he's sick for a day or 2, will it significantly mess up your plans? Poor kid....that's got to be about the worst...to be sick at WDW??
He is better this morning. Think it was just one of those things where kids over do it and they get ill. Crossing fingers.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
First time at Typhoon Lagoon yesterday. My goodness those are some killer waves. :eek:
View attachment 206725

So much fun! In the fall for the first time I only went as far out as I could stand up to my chin, which is about as far as the bend in the wall on the right. After one round of waves I realized I don't enjoy treading water that long waiting for the next wave round.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I just bought a lands end swim suit yesterday. I only liked one design of the tops in the store but they didn't have my size. So I just grabbed another design in my size thinking I could then order the one I really wanted online. Well I tried it on and actually loved how it looked. I think that is the first time I have said that about a swim suit. So I had to buy it.

I love Lands Ends swim suits, have bought them a long long time already. Their material is strong, doesn't pill easily and holds up against chlorine well not fading or suffering from Chlorine Rot. Big fan.

Songbird76

I know on this side of the pond you can have more than one reservation in your name with different dates. I don't see it being an issue unless you'd all share the same room.
Oh no way would we share the same room. But if I book them and they are both in my name, I have to be there for them to check in, correct? They wouldn't be able to check in without me? So if I was in the park with my family when they arrived, I'd have to leave to come back and check them in? Not that that is a big deal...just so I know how it works. That might be nice, too, so if my brother wanted to stay in a different resort, he COULD, as long as I booked it for him. Then we wouldn't necessarily have to agree on a resort...we have different tastes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom